Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Just when you thought you couldn't ever (re-)capture any sense of wonder in an X-Men movie due to it being too familiar....Vaughn does it!

I've submitted myself to the spoiling. I won't enjoy the film any less in theaters. Unless it sucks. Which it really looks like it won't.

i learnt my lesson with X3 not to put to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire with praise!
don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the only movie this summer that I'm ok with spoiling myself... :p

i learnt my lesson with X3 not to much to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire! with praise! don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?
You give them way too much credit.

The last movie had problems that couldn't have been FOX related...

That clip was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. :wow::wow: I haven't been this excited and blown away since X2 nearly 10 years ago!

Why isn't it June 3rd yet damnit!??!?!?:cmad:

i learnt my lesson with X3 not to much to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire! with praise! don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?

Honestly, no they(X3, X:OW) didn't look anywhere near as good as these do(other than maybe the GG bridge scene in X3"s trailer). You could just tell from them that they were shoving buttloads of mutants into the films and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 99% were gonna get the shaft and simply be there to just occupy space and be fan service.

Really fun, loved the "spy" line, never saw it coming, and the bonus was the first taste of Jackman's score. But I really need to stop watching these clips and promos, I'm spoiling every second available online.

Last edited:
This clip felt very consistent with the previous X-Men films. McAvoy is a perfect young version of Patrick Stewart.

Cool clip. I'm pretty sure that is Stryker's father or someone related to him. I have my doubts a CIA agent at that age would be fighting in Vietnam as Stryker claimed in X2.

just like X3, fox is probably going to spoil the whole film in order to sell.

...it's working.

...and miss byrne is looking lovely as usual.

Honestly, no they(X3, X:OW) didn't look anywhere near as good as these do(other than maybe the GG bridge scene in X3"s trailer). You could just tell from them that they were shoving buttloads of mutants into the films and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 99% were gonna get the shaft and simply be there to just occupy space and be fan service.

Maybe, but i remember seeing about 80% of posters on here having nerdgasms when we saw the fastball special, when we saw the sentinals head, saw a face off with ice man and pyro! i especially remember the reactions to "im the juggernaut B*T*H" line being used from the cartoon parody! everyone had high hopes, i think for me i'd like to be pleasantly suprised by if it's good, and not be dissapointed if it blows, or maybe the fan boy in me has died a bit! hahaha

Maybe, but i remember seeing about 80% of posters on here having nerdgasms when we saw the fastball special, when we saw the sentinals head, saw a face off with ice man and pyro! i especially remember the reactions to "im the juggernaut B*T*H" line being used from the cartoon parody! everyone had high hopes, i think for me i'd like to be pleasantly suprised by if it's good, and not be dissapointed if it blows, or maybe the fan boy in me has died a bit! hahaha

Probably because they're big X-men fans and that can cloud one's judgement. I'm not. I've never been. And I guarantee this film won't convert me to one, no matter how good it is. But I do enjoy a well made superhero film even if I'm not particularly a fan of the character(s)(Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, SM2, X2, Thor, etc.). This film is now an absolute must see for me and I fully expect that for me(at least) it'll likely be the best X-men movie ever made.

Now if you start talking about a Hulk or Iron Man movies then I lose some objectivity since they're my all time faves but here with this film I can view it much more objectively. And what I've seen kicks ass like nothing I've yet seen from anything in the X-Men films to date.

Trust me, they did a lot more for X2..

I can garuntee you there wasn't as much online promotion for X2 as there was for the last 2, definitly more than the original X-men, but there was only yahoo movies back in 03 that was really pushing that movie! now we get all these virals and internaional spots on on youtube.. X2 might of had more on TV promo.

I can garuntee you there wasn't as much online promotion for X2 as there was for the last 2, definitly more than the original X-men, but there was only yahoo movies back in 03 that was really pushing that movie! now we get all these virals and internaional spots on on youtube.. X2 might of had more on TV promo.
lol, no. I remember the days here on 2001-2003. I'm not talking about the medium, I'm talking about the AMOUNT of material. Viral marketing didn't exist back then, but the amount of media promotion that was there in terms of material was probably a lot more than X3 or at the very least on the same level..

Probably because they're big X-men fans and that can cloud one's judgement. I'm not. I've never been. And I guarantee this film won't convert me to one, no matter how good it is. But I do enjoy a well made superhero film even if I'm not particularly a fan of the character(s)(Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, SM2, X2, Thor, etc.). This film is now an absolute must see for me and I fully expect that for me(at least) it'll likely be the best X-men movie ever made.

Now if you start talking about a Hulk or Iron Man movies then I lose some objectivity since they're my all time faves but here with this film I can view it much more objectively. And what I've seen kicks ass like nothing I've yet seen from anything in the X-Men films to date.

I'm hearing where you're coming from, and me too man, i'll defend Hulk (2003) to death, i think that's one of the most underrated movies

I remember seeing as much as 10 movie clips for X2 online before its release .. not including trailers/ tv spots .. one clip i remember seeing was the Wolverine and Deathstrike fight with her revealing her claws..

"sparkly dames and vanishing men" Emma Frost and Azazel? :D

Didn't Fox release an entire 7 minute clip, or something like that, for The Last Stand as well? That was ridiculous.

First Class Is probally going to top X-Men among fans and could challenge X2 as best
X-Men film(By know people know I consider X2 as best Marvel film)

The trailers,TV spots,and now clips for First Class blow away anything from The Last Stand and Wolverine.I look forward to this more than them.From the time I saw the script review for the Last Stand on AICN I was always cautas on Last Stand.First Class
returns to the X2 level of excitement.back In 2003 the matrix reloaded got more buzz from some people but It was X2 that was the summer 2003 film that didn't disappoint.First Class may follow X2's example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"