Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

I'm hearing where you're coming from, and me too man, i'll defend Hulk (2003) to death, i think that's one of the most underrated movies

Well I'm a Hulk fan who absolutely detests that movie, but I get where you're coming from. I only sorta liked TIH as well but I'd never call it awesome or even what I was ever really hoping for in a Hulk film. But that's a ginormous discussion for another forum. But at least with IM1 I couldn't have been more pleased when it comes to my other favorite superhero property.

Trust me, they did a lot more for X2..

Yeah, I remember there were lots of clips from the movie, and a "60 Minutes" type half-hour featurette (I believe it was called X-Pose or something like that) with more clips and interviews, I know that nowadays the fast cut trailers and clips on different sites work better, but I think I'm getting a bit nostalgic about those half hour tv featurettes, maybe they'll come back one day, and not just on Blu Ray/DVD.

I remember X1 had a featurette on tv where it had new clips of Senator Kelly talking about how bad mutants in a speech while talking about the mutants in the film and showing clips/interviews about them. At the end they revealed that Senator Kelly's daughter was a mutant. Back in those days I would always eagerly anticipate X-Men movie news on the tv. I remember when they announced the X1 trailer's first showing during a particular tv show and I watched the entire show just to catch that trailer (don't even remember the show now).

Didn't Fox release an entire 7 minute clip, or something like that, for The Last Stand as well? That was ridiculous.

yea, I don't know if it was the movie itself or that damn 7 minutes but it ruined everything.

Well I'm a Hulk fan who absolutely detests that movie, but I get where you're coming from. I only sorta liked TIH as well but I'd never call it awesome or even what I was ever really hoping for in a Hulk film. But that's a ginormous discussion for another forum. But at least with IM1 I couldn't have been more pleased when it comes to my other favorite superhero property.

Hulk will only be good when marvel has the balls go put the gamma bomb on screen. They wanna go small, they'll consistently reap what they sow.

I absolutely loved that clip.

Cool clip. Can't understand half of what McAvoy is saying with that thick british accent, but it is cool neverthless.

Also, are we going to have a thread for every piece of preview released?

Hulk will only be good when marvel has the balls go put the gamma bomb on screen. They wanna go small, they'll consistently reap what they sow.

I'm right there with ya but I wouldn't even be that stringent(though a proper updating of the 616 Hulk will always be a dream of mine). As long as they just were willing to finally make him a character then I'd probably shut up and just count my blessings. Because when you don't have that then what you're left with is only superficially the character.

I remember X1 had a featurette on tv where it had new clips of Senator Kelly talking about how bad mutants in a speech while talking about the mutants in the film and showing clips/interviews about them. At the end they revealed that Senator Kelly's daughter was a mutant. Back in those days I would always eagerly anticipate X-Men movie news on the tv. I remember when they announced the X1 trailer's first showing during a particular tv show and I watched the entire show just to catch that trailer (don't even remember the show now).

That one was great, that really bad effect they used to make Kelly's daughter's neck strech, but the interviews and clips (and shots from the comics and the Animated Series) really pumped me. I remember there was a repeat of the featurette the day the movie premiered and I went online (dial-up) only to find out the movie was out that exact same day, two hours later I was watching the movie.

yea, I don't know if it was the movie itself or that damn 7 minutes but it ruined everything.

I actually liked the seven minute preview, the scenes weren't that good but I thought maybe they were poorly edited for the preview, what I really don't know is how many times I watched the quick 2 seconds they showed of the Phoenix right before the end, when I saw the fire on Jean's back, I definitely was convinced that no matter what the internet said the fiery bird was in the movie, I of course was horribly wrong, but "Rising Empire" by Immediate Music is still on my iPod, the people that had the amazing idea that that piece of music with quick shots of our favorite mutants would make me obsess about the movie for the months to come and run to the multiplex when the time came, were dead right.

The commercial with the girl stretching her neck is real? For years, I though I had imagined it!

my main focus is the agent stryker bit.

maybe he is the father of stryker. i have a feeling we may see William Stryker, Jason Stryker and Logan again in part 2.

this is gonna be fun!

That one was great, that really bad effect they used to make Kelly's daughter's neck strech, but the interviews and clips (and shots from the comics and the Animated Series) really pumped me. I remember there was a repeat of the featurette the day the movie premiered and I went online (dial-up) only to find out the movie was out that exact same day, two hours later I was watching the movie.

I actually liked the seven minute preview, the scenes weren't that good but I thought maybe they were poorly edited for the preview, what I really don't know is how many times I watched the quick 2 seconds they showed of the Phoenix right before the end, when I saw the fire on Jean's back, I definitely was convinced that no matter what the internet said the fiery bird was in the movie, I of course was horribly wrong, but "Rising Empire" by Immediate Music is still on my iPod, the people that had the amazing idea that that piece of music with quick shots of our favorite mutants would make me obsess about the movie for the months to come and run to the multiplex when the time came, were dead right.

you got a link for that mutant daughter clip?

Wish I did, I'm at work and Youtube is blocked in my office, maybe the featurette is in the X-Men 1.5 DVD, I wouldn't know cause I have the first DVD release.

" Sparkly dames " :woot: and he did say agent Stryker didn't he ?

And this was different from mutantwatch.com right? do you guys remember that?

The commercial with the girl stretching her neck is real? For years, I though I had imagined it!

It wasn't a commercial though was it? I think it was a half hour tv featurette, in anticipation of the movie.

Cool clip. Can't understand half of what McAvoy is saying with that thick british accent

Hahah i thought i was the only one. I might have to call the ex and see if I can improve my "understanding the british accent" again. LOL

I could hear him fine :huh:

only part that was hard to understand was when he said

"The tubular missiles america is currently hiding in turkey"

lol, I remember that!

The neck stretching wasn't that bad. :p

I get the sneaky suspicion that only professor x knew of Mystique's ability to change into other people. Dr. Moira looked shocked as Hell.

he said "No agent Stryker, Although I could ask you about the Jupiter Missiles America are currently placing in Turkey"

And I love they way Mystique just stands up and transforms. :)

he said "No agent Stryker, Although I could ask you about the Jupiter Missiles America are currently placing in Turkey"

And I love they way Mystique just stands up and transforms. :)
ok i was wrong then lol thanks for correction

Two technical things from watching the clip a thousand times, so Mystique is naked right there, why would she return to the clothes she was wearing as Jennifer Lawrence-Darkholme, but the thing that I keep wondering more about is her "Visitor" card, did she threw the original away and made one with her body? or did her body absorved the card when she transformed into the CIA guy. I really don't mind, it's just a fun discussion topic.

I remember when they announced the X1 trailer's first showing during a particular tv show and I watched the entire show just to catch that trailer (don't even remember the show now).

Coming Attractions on E!...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"