World X-MEN: Safe Haven for Those Who Demand More

Herr Logan said:
X-Men Movie Franchise

The Uncanny X-Men

Heroes:
Professor X
X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, the Angel, the Beast, Marvel Girl

Villains:
Brotherhood of Mutants: Magneto, Toad, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind, Unus the Untouchable

Plot:
  • Partial origins for team members, Xavier, Magneto
  • Adaptation of 'Uncanny X-Men' #1 (Jean Grey joins; team members mingle and train; Magneto attacks a military base and is driven off by the X-Men);
  • Magneto attacks a different base and commandeers nuclear missiles; has Brotherhood of Mutants attack the X-Men to defeat or at least stall them)
Conclusion:
  • X-Men prevent Brotherhood from using nuclear devices and minimizes loss of life at the military base;
  • Magneto escapes; Mastermind escapes; Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch quit the Brotherhood and escape; the Toad is beaten and left to be arrested; Unus is coerced into surrendering to the authorities by a demonstration of the Beast's invention that amplifies his force field power to a potentially fatal level and the threat that it can be made permanent; Unus and Toad are both incarcerated at the super-max prison built for superhumans known as the Vault.
:wolverine

Thats very good. Thats a very good idea to make the first half of the movie origin tales, it helps the audience bond with the characters. Its also good to see them interact, especially in the first movie. That is something these movies missed.

Herr Logan said:
X-Men Movie Franchise

The Uncanny X-Men 2

Heroes:
Professor X
X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee
Reserve X-Men: the Angel, the Beast, Iceman

Villains:
Bolivar Trask, Stephen Lang, the Sentinels
Hellfire Club: Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Harry Leland, Donald Pierce, uniformed mercenaries
Prospective Hellfire: Mastermind

Plot:

• Iceman leaves the Xavier Institute to attend college, the Beast and the Angel quit full-time membership and pursue their own interests; the Angel takes charge of his father's company; the Beast receives M.D. and Ph.D. degrees, works in a private lab corporation, accidentally causes a permanent secondary mutation in himself that makes him furry and overall more beast-like; Marvel Girl becomes part-time as well, but spends more time at the Institute because Cyclops remains full-time and field commander;
  • Xavier recruits new X-Men, with short scenes for Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Storm;
  • Bolivar Trask, renowned anthropologist, teams up with Stephen Lang, a robotics expert working for DARPA, and create a small army of giant robots designed to detect and control mutants
  • Trask and Lang stage a public demonstration of the Sentinels, with select people allowed to attend, including Professor Xavier and Senator Robert Kelly; no one but Lang knows that the Sentinels are pre-programmed to detect and apprehend/attack mutants, and there are two mutants other than Xavier in attendance, "provoking" the Sentinels into action;
  • The Sentinels become dangerous and the X-Men intervene; there is a quick but destructive battle and the Sentinels there are destroyed;
  • Many other Sentinels deployed (either by mistake or because Lang is a maniac and secretly made it happen) and start combing the city for mutants, apprehending them and making a big, dangerous mess; the X-Men get to the scene and fight those as well; Banshee strains his vocal chords and is subsequently out of action; a Sentinel is damaged in such a way that its power source-- a plutonium core-- becomes unstable and is set to explode; Jean Grey tries to muffle the explosion with her telekinesis, and she succeeds, at the cost of becoming completely exhausted and catatonic; Bolivar Trask is critically wounded while attempting to shut down the Sentinels from the command center-- the Master Mold-- but he succeeds; Stephen Lang escapes capture;
  • Jean convalesces for a while and then recovers completely in an instant, creating a costume around herself (the green and gold Phoenix uniform) and with her powers apparently on permanent hyper-drive; the X-Men are relieved but a bit anxious around the new, super-charged Jean; Banshee, still disabled vocally, retires from the X-Men and from crime-fighting in general; Angel and Beast go back to emergency reserve status; the X-Men expect a backlash from the Sentinel incident from Magneto and other militant mutants, but there is an eerie calm in their lives; Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus become good friends; Wolverine and Storm, off to a rocky start, come to an understanding and become good friends; Jean is once again a psychotherapy patient of Professor Xavier's, and she reveals strange dreams and feelings;
  • [FONT=&quot]Jason [/FONT]Wyngarde [FONT=&quot], a handsome but sleazy man with psionic powers, petitions for membership in the Inner Circle of a prestigious and exclusive society club-- the Hellfire Club-- which is composed of powerful people who seek more power and ultimately, global control; [/FONT]Wyngarde conspires with Emma Frost (White Queen of the Inner Circle) to send vivid dreams into the mind of Jean Grey-- dreams of he and Jean in love in the 18th century; Jean becomes more aggressive in general, to the point of frightening all of her teammates, and she has taken the codename "Phoenix"; the Hellfire Club is monitoring the Xavier Institute and accessing their files, learning all about the X-Men;
  • Cyclops, Phoenix and Nightcrawler scout a downtown nightclub where Allison Blair--a mutant musician whose stage name is Dazzler-- is performing live; Wyngarde meets Jean at the club and kisses her in front of Cyclops, provoking Cyclops into laying hands on him, and then disappears; outside of the rear exit, Hellfire thugs attempt to kidnap Dazzler and are foiled by the X-Men; Jean catches a stray thought from a thug and gets a lead;
  • Phoenix creates a lasting psychic rapport with Cyclops; the X-Men plan a covert intrusion into the Hellfire Club during a high-profile event, obtaining formal invitations from the Angel, who is a member of the Club through inheritance; Wolverine and Nightcrawler make an insertion through the sewer system, Wolverine strips the insulation of wires that could short-circuit the Club's electricity if the severe thunderstorm causes the water to rise; Beast and Professor X monitor the situation from outside the club; Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm and Colossus enter through the front entrance in formal-wear;
  • Phoenix, who is charged with performing psychic reconnaissance, runs into Jason Wyngarde and follows him upstairs, only to come back down in a new outfit and attack Cyclops, Colossus and Storm; the guests at the Club start to flee; Wolverine and Nightcrawler join their teammates, and the X-Men are accosted by the rest of the Inner Circle-- Sebastian Shaw, Donald Pierce, Harry Leland and Emma Frost; the X-Men, thanks to Phoenix are beaten and taken captive with collars that inhibit superpowers, save for Wolverine, who was crushed through every floor of the building by Harry Leland and presumed dead; Jean Grey is named Black Queen by Sebastian Shaw, and Jason Wyngarde's membership in the Inner Circle seems inevitable; Cyclops and Jason Wyngarde, who reveals himself to Cyclops as Mastermind, who are transported to the Astral Plane by the White Queen and duel with swords, with Mastermind coming out the victor, but Cyclops survives the psychic shock somehow;
  • Wolverine, alive, back in the sewers and in a mood for mayhem, makes his way back to the upper floors of the Club, ruthlessly slashing, beating and maiming the mercenaries in his way; Phoenix surreptitiously unlocks the ruby-quartz-lined helmet that was put on Cyclops, whom waits for the right moment to shake off the helmet, attack the Inner Circle and free his teammates;
  • The right moment happens when Wolverine bursts through the doors with several guards latching onto him (guards he hasn't killed or injured because they are legitimate security, not hardcore mercenaries), inadvertently providing a distraction; Phoenix attacks Wolverine while Cyclops breaks out of his helmet, stuns a few of his captors and then blasts the restraints off his teammates; the X-Men once again battle the Inner Circle, but Phoenix is on their side now, only having faked her attack on Wolverine; Phoenix attacks Emma Frost and leaves her unconscious; Cyclops puts Sebastian Shaw on a lower level by destroying several floors underneath him, Nightcrawler keeps him off-balance and then Storm neutralizes him, ultimately driving him off; Colussus, after being attacked while in human form, transforms and breaks Donald Pierce's cybernetic arm; Wolverine attacks Harry Leland, driving him into the basement where his fate is unknown; Mastermind causes the fleeing civilian guests to perceive Cyclops as attacking them instead of trying to reassure them; the water level in the sewers rises and touches the exposed wires that Wolverine stripped, cutting the power; the X-Men take the opportunity to slip away, since most of the Hellfire Inner Circle have escaped and there is no legal evidence against them anyway; before she leaves, Phoenix confronts a fleeing Mastermind and injects his mind with an immense amount of psychic content, meant to show his mind everything that Jean can see with her amazing power-- Mastermind can't handle it, returns to his true form and goes into a catatonic state;
  • [FONT=&quot]The X-Men return to their jet in Central Park, but Phoenix's dark side has fully taken on a life of its own despite the rest of her personality and has another power outburst that tears the craft to shreds and alters her garb once again to be a red and gold version of her previous X-Men uniform, then she attacks the X-Men; she starts blasting buildings around the city and battles the all of the X-Men, including Beast, with the X-Men at the disadvantage; Beast has come into the fray with a specially crafted device (much like he did in the last film with Unus) meant to scramble Phoenix's mind enough to put her under control, and it works for a moment; Wolverine takes the opportunity to tackle Jean and is about to skewer her to save the X-Men and all the innocents she may endanger, but when she asks him to do it, he can't go through with it; Professor X shows up and challenges Phoenix to a battle on the Astral Plane; Xavier wins the battle against the dark side of Jean Grey's consciousness, inhibiting it for the time being; Jean, having regained control, chooses to destroy herself so that her darker nature can't return to hurt innocents or the people she loves.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The X-Men are all bereaved, and Angel and Beast decide to quit for good;, Cyclops considers leaving the X-Men and takes a vacation that may or may not end with him returning to the team.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cerebro detects a new mutant power signature in Deerfield, Illinois, emanating from a young teenager named Katherine Pryde. Xavier asks Colossus, Storm and Wolverine if they'll accompany him to Illinois where he will meet with the parents of this young mutant and try to offer her a place at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngers.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Up next, Uncanny X-Men 3, where Cyclops is still leading, now with more broodiness than ever![/FONT]​

Another great idea. I like the mixing of sentinels with Phoenix. One thing I think would be cool to see would be Phoenix vs Dozens of Sentinels; the sheer size and power of that conflict would be awesome. The Hellfire Club and Central Park battles remind me of TAS.

Head>On<Collider said:
Part 1 of Mark's Rant on X-Men: Last Stand
CYCLOPS' BASTARDIZATION
  • Poor old Cyclops never even had any kind of shining moment in any of these films. He was never portrayed as a leader in any way, but as an object of disrespect all around. I was at least hoping for something this time around, but nothing. Not even a scene of confronting Jean; he never even had a chance to ask "what has happened to you?" The LEAST they could've done was have him have to choose for the higher good to possibly begin what Wolverine finished in the end. I assume that Fox wanted to avoid making him play the kind of role that Mace Windu played in SW3....!? I don't know..... . but all I'm friggin' asking for was for them to make him go down in a somewhat blaze of glory. As hining moment that defined who he really was. All he did was open his eyes and looked at Jean with his own eyes for the first time (which would be fine if it followed more than just that)..... to top it off, Jean runs off and tries to get it on with Wolverine. That just sucks. He became even more pathetic. I thought the movie somewhat started off on a bad note as of that portion of it. Furthermore, it seemed as if they just wanted to write him out of the movie early the same way Chrissy got written out of Three's Company. Am I alone on this one? Anyway, it even could've worked had he gone through some adventures to find Jean..... something damnit!!!! I can't see how Cyclops fans wouldn't feel utterly cheated.
HOC in the house! Welcome back to the Haven, man. :up:

Ah, how I've missed your rants. I agree with pretty much all of that, except I wasn't expecting anything decent out of Movie!Cyclops' role even before I heard all the spoilers and read the novelization (I bought that purely for lavatory reading, mind you). They screwed him over from day one, and did so even more in 'X-Men 2.' I was actually hoping the rumors of Movie!Cyclops dying toward the beginning were true, since we'd be spared the insult of watching a piss-poor rendition sour the memory of the real Cyclops who used to be written well many years ago. I find Cyclops to be usless in pretty much every current version of him, but if they had done the movies right, they could have captured what he used to be.
Bottom line, I share your anger, but I didn't expect any better than what we got after the first movie.

My imaginary version has Cyclops live up to his reputation, leading the X-Men on the battlefield and showing some passionate feelings toward a Jean Grey that actually loves him back (unlike in the movies).

In my ideal franchise, Cyclops still probably wouldn't be the majority of viewers' number one favorite character, but that's how it usually was with comic fans, anyway. He was never my favorite, but when I read good stories about him doing his job, I certainly respected the character. I certainly wouldn't make the Cyclops/Jean relationship the center of the first movie, but I'd give it its due instead of passing it over. Even in the second, where Wolverine is there and takes a strong interest in Jean, there will never be a time when she shows more attraction to Wolverine than Cyclops. She kisses only two people: Cyclops, and that sleazy creep Mastermind (that's what happened in the real Phoenix Saga, so there you go). And of course Hank McCoy kissed her unexpectedly in the first movie, earning him a free telekinetically powered thrill ride around the room.

I'm currently working on an outline for my third ideal Uncanny X-Men movie, and I'm actually bit torn on whether Cyclops should be the leader through most of the movie. It would be nice to see Storm get her chance to lead, with Wolverine as her deputy field commander. Cyclops could actually sit that movie out afterall, and he'd be back in the fourth movie with the rest of the original team (possibly including Jean Grey).

Here's a possible idea for Jean Grey coming back:
Mr. Sinister might be the main villain of the fourth movie. What I'm about to suggest would be a pretty drastic deviation from the source material (as were some of the elements of my second movie outline, truthfully), so if anyone thinks it's straying too far, I won't insist. Okay, so Jean Grey, who successfully contained a nuclear explosion in the second film and almost died because of it, would have been switched with a clone while recuperating at the hospital by Mr. Sinister. The clone was like Jean in almost every way, but either some flaw (or deliberate alteration) allowed her to become more easily corrupted by Mastermind's manipulations, or that's what might have happened anyway because of the shock to her psyche the nuclear explosion caused. Either way, the real Jean Grey has been in a coma for years, kept as a research subject by Sinister, and she would revive in the fourth movie and return (or be returned) to the X-Men. She is still far stronger than she was in the first movie, but not out of control like the Phoenix persona projected by the clone was.
Professor Xavier and the Dr. Hank "Beast" McCoy put her through rigorous examinations to discern whether she is truly Jean Grey (matching her against her previous medical records from before the Phoenix incident) and whether she is healthy and free of mind tampering. She gets a clean bill of health and chooses to go back to active status with the X-Men.

Thoughts?

xmenfan84 said:
Thats very good. Thats a very good idea to make the first half of the movie origin tales, it helps the audience bond with the characters. Its also good to see them interact, especially in the first movie. That is something these movies missed.

Thank you.

Exactly, I would have there be a decent amount of socializing and generally showing what the routine at the Xavier Institute is like, especially the adventurer/hero aspects. There would be less emphasis on this in the second movie, as there is a lot going on there and the new X-Men still have their emotional walls up around each other, but by the third movie, the second team is socializing more and have forged closer bonds, making them more like the original team.

xmenfan84 said:
Another great idea. I like the mixing of sentinels with Phoenix. One thing I think would be cool to see would be Phoenix vs Dozens of Sentinels; the sheer size and power of that conflict would be awesome. The Hellfire Club and Central Park battles remind me of TAS.

The Hellfire Club and Central Park battles were in the comics as well, adapted relatively faithfully in TAS. The main differences there are that instead of Beast and Rogue, there was Nightcrawler and Colossus.

The Uncanny X-Men

Plot: Basically, the sequel to my original X-Flick. It's been a year since the events of the first one, and due to the antics of magneto and the brotherhood, anti-mutant sentiments are at a fever pitch. Leading the charge is William Stryker, a religious Zealot who's been spreading anti mutant propaganda. He's also been plotting to destroy mutantkind, first using mutant mercenaries called the marauders to wipe out the morlocks underneath the sewers in NYC, and then using Charles Xavier and cerebro to kill every mutant on earth. The movie is a commentary on todays society, showing how far people will go when they hate a group of people enough.

Returning Characters

Cyclops: Scott has become a more confident leader since the first flick, mainly due to his relationship with Jean. He's become cool in the face of danger, scaring his fellow X-Men sometimes.

Wolverine: Logan becomes less homicidal, and a little bit more like a team player. He's giving Scott less of a hard time, but has harsh feelings towards him because he's dating Jean. We see him starting to experience painful flashbacks of his weapon X origins.

Marvel Girl: Jean's becomes more experienced, her powers growing more and more quickly. In the film, there's even flashes of Phoenix. In the end, she makes a difficult sacrifice that sets up the events of the third flick.

Storm: Ororo dosent really go through any major changes in my story. She's basically the same as she is in the first one. We focus on the sisterhood between her and Jean, however.

Beast: Hank's not in the combat stuff in this film. He's one of the representatives of the Xavier institute. I have an idea for a scene where Hank and Stryker debate on TV.

Rogue: She gets more confident and more like her comics version in this one. She's also showing signs of Secondary mutation. She feels like she's getting stronger. She can take more damage, and there are tiny hints of flight.

Iceman: Bobby's trying to make light of the current events, and he gets yelled at by his fellow X-Men. He's forced to grow up a little bit.

ShadowCat: She's visibly distraught by the current events, and it may be too much for her to handle. She dosent understand why humans hate them so much. She takes comfort in Colossus.

Colossus: I admit....i may not develop him so much character wise, but you can bet your ass he sees some action. Basically, I have an idea that asks "What if, in X2, Colossus stayed in the mansion with Wolverine?"

New Characters

Nightcrawler: He dosent play much of a role, only to show an idea of how much people hate mutants. When we meet him, he's on the run from a mob in Germany, when he's saved by Storm and Jean.

Villains

William Stryker: Pretty much the comics version. He's smart, and knows how to play on the fears of humans. He implies heavily that he killed his wife and son because he was a mutant child. He uses his vast fortune to secretly fund the marauders, which he sees as a necessity.

Marauders: The mutant mercenaries hired by Stryker. They dont even know Stryker hired them. All they know is that they have to eradicate the morlocks living underground. The group includes Arclight, Scrambler, Vertigo, Scalphunter, Riptide, Prism, Malice, Harpoon, and Blockbuster.

Deadpool: The leader of the Mauraders. The same crazy sumbtich we know and love. He battles Wolverine at the end.

Storyline

*The movie begins with a man killing his wife and child. We then find out that the child is a mutant. Prof X has a voiceover about the way people have discriminated others, and how hatred can lead to terrible desturction.

*We then see Beast and William Stryker debate on live TV. We clearly see the people favor stryker, with bystanders throwing broken glass at Hank.

*Then, we see a Danger Room excercize, where the team is working together. After the battle, Scott and Jean flirt a little on the battle field, then exchange a kiss. Logan is clearly upset, and Storm notices. They have a heartfelt conversation about the situation.

*Professor X calls in the team for a meeting on the astral plane. The setting is a carnival. Charles gives them some orders. Charles tells Scott that there's a disturbance happening in NYC, and that he can take Rogue, Shadowcat, and Iceman as a little training course. Jean and Storm go to munich to save Nightcrawler, while Logan and Pete stay home and defend the school.

*The disturbance in NYC is a trap. Cyclops, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Rogue get ambushed by some of the maruaders. They barely manage to escape.

*At the mansion, Soldiers, led by Deadpool, attack the school. Some students are killed, while most flee. Colossus and Wolverine stay to fight off the soldiers. Deadpool manages to soundly beat both, and they escape with Charles and Cerebro.

*The X-Men meet up in the X-Jet. They figure Stryker has something to do with this, and decide to confront him head on on television. When this happens, the X-Men get bashed brutally, especially Nightcrawler. Humiliated, they escape. They decide to go underground until they can think up a plan.

*Then, we cut to the morlocks. we show who they are and what they're about. The Marauders are closing in on them. We establish Callisto as the leader of the morlocks.

*The massacre happens, the most brutal thing in comic film. Mutants are killed left and right, without remorse. Callisto barely escapes with a few morlocks.

*The X-Men arrive in the sewers, to see the horror. Callisto lashes out at them for not being there sooner, and take them captive. Here, Kitty shares a moment with Colossus, Logan talks to Jean about his feelings, and Scott and Ororo plan an escape. Ororo decides to fight Callisto, hand to hand, for their freedom. Ororo wins, stabbing Callisto in the heart. The X-Men are shocked.

*Here, the climax of the film comes. The X-Men find Strykers secret base. Nightcrawler goes in, teleporting around and taking out guards in badass fashion. The X-Men barge in, and the climatic battle between the marauders and X-Men occur. Wolverine and Deadpool face off in vicious battle, as deadpool teases logan about his past.

*After the X-Men win, Xavier starts killing all the mutants with dark cerebro. He's being mindcontrolled. While this is happening, Stryker tries to kill Kitty, but Wolverine musters enough strength to kill the bastard. Jean goes to the astral, plane, and stops charles from killing the mutants.

*After trying to escape, they find out the base is self destructing, with the entrances locking down. They all manage to escape, save for Jean, who sacrifices herself to fight off the marauders chasing after them.

*The movie ends with Scott and Charles talking about Jean.

I'm thinking about revising this, too....

coupiegcyclops.GIF

Wolverine-Byrne2.gif

Blanchett_jeanx-factorred.gif

Storm%20BRM.gif

Beast%206.gif

RoguePaulSmithJR.gif

Bobby%20Drake%202.gif

The Batman said:
The Uncanny X-Men

[Text]

I'm thinking about revising this, too....

Sounds good.

Your first movie is in in the other thread, right? Should I check through the links on page one of this one, or do you know which page it's on in the other one? I'll be able to see the bigger picture of your franchise once I re-read the first part.

The Batman:

Ooh! Did you make those yourself, or is there a webpage where there's a lot of these?

The Uncanny X-Men

A Herr Logan Production

(continued)

Blanchett_magentoclassicfx.gif
Blanchett_ultquicksilver.gif
ScarletWitch12.gif
Toad.gif
Unus_the_Untouchable_TC.gif
Mastermind01.gif

EDIT: On second thought, I'm gonna quit with the costume doll models for now. It's time-consuming, almost as self-perpetuating as surfing through Wikipedia, and they don't really have everything I'd need to show what all of the costumes would look like (ex:. there isn't a Nightcrawler model that has the original suit but with dark red gloves and boots). Maybe I'll do them one at a time and describe how I'd change certain things.

I now think that I would use Alex Ross' design for Wolverine in the fourth movie, though. Either that, or use it in the second one and change it to the brown and tan after that.

Herr Logan said:
EDIT: On second thought, I'm gonna quit with the costume doll models for now. It's time-consuming, almost as self-perpetuating as surfing through Wikipedia, and they don't really have everything I'd need to show what all of the costumes would look like (ex:. there isn't a Nightcrawler model that has the original suit but with dark red gloves and boots). Maybe I'll do them one at a time and describe how I'd change certain things.

Plus, it's sorta girlie. Not Jason Patric in Lost Boys girlie, but pretty girlie all the same.

Zev said:
Plus, it's sorta girlie. Not Jason Patric in Lost Boys girlie, but pretty girlie all the same.

Take it back!! :mad:

Okay, I take it back. It is Jason Patric in Lost Boys girlie.

Additional Rule :
  • Please do not include concepts based on Marvel's Ultimate Universe that differ greatly from the real Marvel Universe (616). I realize this is largely subjective, so I'll have to shoulder the terrible burden of deciding what is "faithful enough;" I'll try not to be capricious about it.*
*That last rule was added on 6/03/06, so contributors who began sharing concepts that are overall strongly based on the Ultimate Universe prior to that may continue to further develop them (example: The Question proposed a movie for 'The Ultimates' on 6/02/06, so that, as a movie or a multi-film franchise, gets a free pass forevermore). Other posters should not start posting that type of material, or rather they should be aware that I will address it and judge the content acceptable or unacceptable. Thanks for bearing with me.

Just a few thoughts. I think it's be neat, in this hypothetical X-Men movie, if the first generation (Bobby, Hank, Jean, Scott, and Warren) were all "out" mutants. This is mainly because I'd love a scene where we contrast adolescent Warren, with his painful Stan Lee X-Men leather harness on, with adult Warren, who uses his wings as kind of a cloak or coat when he's not flying (which he does often. "Gets great gas mileage."). Then someone asks what his power is and Warren suddenly expands to his full wingspan. I'd also like him to have little bone spurs on the end of his wings (think bats. The entire wing is basically one very long finger. Or better yet, think Marcus from Underworld: Evolution, if anyone caught that). Just so he can get in some offense instead of being just the guy who flies.

On another note, I think it'd be cool if Jean and Scott had a kind of odd synchronity to point out their psychic link. For instance, in Herr's proposed coffee scene where they go down to a local watering hole and Scott beats a guy at pool (more on that in a minute), without asking Jean will occasionally telekinetically move something (sugar packet, spoon, whatever) into Scott's hand and he, in turn, will pass something to her without being asked. Maybe point this out by having Bobby or someone else ask out loud for something to be passed, but otherwise have it not be commented upon. The kicker to this is when a waitress bends down next to their table, Scott looks over... and a salt shaker flies into his head.

Scott: I didn't do anything!

Jean: But you were thinking it.

And to elaborate a bit more, I'd like the watering hole to be a sort of the equivalent of a gay bar, only for mutants. This mainly so we can have Multiple Man cameo and do a redux of William Shatner's performance of Rocket Man (think about it a minute). Then Jean tells Scott that another telekinetic (or "teep," to borrow a bit of lingo from B5. After all, it makes sense for telepaths to be kind of a community within a community) is hustling people by the pool table. Scott, being Scott, gets up to challenge him. The teep hustler graciously allows Scott to break... and, after a lengthy consideration, Scott shoots and wins the game in one stroke. And then fends off the teep pool cue to pool cue without even looking. Maybe play up that the X-Men are minor celebrities in the mutant counter-culture, but looked down upon for being "hopelessly naive."

Zev said:
Just a few thoughts. I think it's be neat, in this hypothetical X-Men movie, if the first generation (Bobby, Hank, Jean, Scott, and Warren) were all "out" mutants. This is mainly because I'd love a scene where we contrast adolescent Warren, with his painful Stan Lee X-Men leather harness on, with adult Warren, who uses his wings as kind of a cloak or coat when he's not flying (which he does often. "Gets great gas mileage."). Then someone asks what his power is and Warren suddenly expands to his full wingspan. I'd also like him to have little bone spurs on the end of his wings (think bats. The entire wing is basically one very long finger. Or better yet, think Marcus from Underworld: Evolution, if anyone caught that). Just so he can get in some offense instead of being just the guy who flies.

On another note, I think it'd be cool if Jean and Scott had a kind of odd synchronity to point out their psychic link. For instance, in Herr's proposed coffee scene where they go down to a local watering hole and Scott beats a guy at pool (more on that in a minute), without asking Jean will occasionally telekinetically move something (sugar packet, spoon, whatever) into Scott's hand and he, in turn, will pass something to her without being asked. Maybe point this out by having Bobby or someone else ask out loud for something to be passed, but otherwise have it not be commented upon. The kicker to this is when a waitress bends down next to their table, Scott looks over... and a salt shaker flies into his head.

Scott: I didn't do anything!

Jean: But you were thinking it.

And to elaborate a bit more, I'd like the watering hole to be a sort of the equivalent of a gay bar, only for mutants. This mainly so we can have Multiple Man cameo and do a redux of William Shatner's performance of Rocket Man (think about it a minute). Then Jean tells Scott that another telekinetic (or "teep," to borrow a bit of lingo from B5. After all, it makes sense for telepaths to be kind of a community within a community) is hustling people by the pool table. Scott, being Scott, gets up to challenge him. The teep hustler graciously allows Scott to break... and, after a lengthy consideration, Scott shoots and wins the game in one stroke. And then fends off the teep pool cue to pool cue without even looking. Maybe play up that the X-Men are minor celebrities in the mutant counter-culture, but looked down upon for being "hopelessly naive."

That sounds really interesting, Zev. I wouldn't use most of that in my concept, but feel free to develop your own further.

But use a title for it, dammit! Look at the title at the top of this post. Something like that.

Just so you know, Angel doesn't strictly need bone spurs on his wings to lack the smackdown. True, his wings don't have cutting edges (like the Vulture's artificial wings, for example), but they are superhumanly strong, and they are huge. A full-grown swan can break a man's arm with its wing. What do you think the Angel's wings can do to a person? Just whack someone with those things and put them out of action for good.
The rest of his body is also proportionately stronger than most regular humans' (not to superhuman levels, necessarily), so he packs a good punch. Angel is a physical fighter and needs to get in close, but he can do some real damage. They didn't show him using his wings offensively very much in the first 20 or so X-Men issues, or any I've read since the "second genesis" team came around (I haven't read anything in between), but the potential is there. I know I'd show it in my movie concepts. I'd show just how much he can do other than simply fly around. Also, when you think about it, there are only two members of the X-Men that do not have inherent energy-projection powers and are strictly physical fighters, outside of using weapons. Iceman can get physical, sure, but it's mainly going to be the Beast and the Angel getting in close to dish out the hurting. They have to be used to their fullest.

I used to think Angel was pretty boring as an action hero, but I also used to think the original team was pretty boring overall as well, which is why my original concept for a first X-Men movie skipped over them, but now that I've done some research on their powers and history, I see the potential. That's why I stretched the long-term story out to accomodate the original team, and also part of the Phoenix Saga. The problem now is that I don't know what to do with about 1/2 to 2/3 of the third movie, now that the "second genesis" team will have their origins done in the second movie. I've got Kitty Pride training and acclimating, and Mystique's Brotherhood of Mutants attempting to assassinate presidential candidate Senator Robert Kelly (without the 'Days of Future Past' storyline... no matter how bad I'm hurting for story content, I don't want to go there). I'm considering doing the Morlocks along with that, which would prominently feature Kitty Pryde if parts of several stories are combined and condensed in that sub-plot.

Feh, rambling. Anyway, thanks for posting, Zev.

I'll think about your "mutant bar" idea for a possible appearance in the fourth movie (which definitely has no cogent plot at this point, but would probably concern Mr. Sinister and/or Apocalypse).

So, Herr, did you get to read my first one over to get an idea of my sequel?

The Batman said:
Yeah, I did, I just haven't had the chance to construct any useful (or potentially useful) comments yet, but it looks good (apart from giving Nightcrawler the shortest end of the stick :mad:). I'll try to post something on that soon. Thanks for the link.

You know, in planning hypothetical X-Men movies, it's important that we not lose sight of the lessons learned from the real X-Men movies. Whether you think them successes or failures, Bryan Singer and crew still have a lot to teach us about moviemaking. For instance...

Herr Logan said:
Yeah, I did, I just haven't had the chance to construct any useful (or potentially useful) comments yet, but it looks good (apart from giving Nightcrawler the shortest end of the stick :mad:). I'll try to post something on that soon. Thanks for the link.

Thats why i wanted to revise it. I was thinking about having Iceman and Beast go off somewhere so Nightcrawler could get some screentime.

Thats also why i planned a scene where Nightcrawler sneaks into strykers base. It's a combination of Mystiques scene at alkali lake in X2, and the beginning scene with Nightcrawler in the white house

The Batman said:

Okay, I re-read the first movie concept.

Props for taking the big, climactic battle out to Asteroid M, by the way. :up:

I'm not crazy about Deadpool being presented in his "Ultimate" incarnation (or anything else too heavily influenced by Ultimate titles), but since you stated in your first movie concept that several characters were largely based on Ultimate characterizations and this was long before the new proviso I posted, it's fine.
I like that you're keeping William Stryker as a zealous preacher, and having him kill his wife and child in the beginning is a nice touch.

I don't really have any suggestions, but a few questions to fill in some blanks, if that's okay:

Would Magneto or any of his Brotherhood make appearances in the sequel? Does anyone outside of the X-Men and Stryker's people know that Stryker is behind the world-wide psychic attacks on mutants?

Would the Morlocks have any significant story before the Marauders start slaughtering them, or does that just take place afterward? Either way is fine, I guess, I'm just wondering how the Morlocks are introduced. Do they meet the X-Men before the Marauders attack them?

Is there a build-up for Storm's brutal change of tactics, or is her stabbing Callisto mainly a reaction to witnessing the Massacre (on top of Callisto picking a fight with her in the first place of course)? Are there further changes afterwards, such as cutting her hair into a mohawk and dressing more like Callisto (whether intentionally or not)?

Interesting stuff. Thanks much for posting. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"