Days of Future Past X-Men's Man of Steel - The Daniel Cudmore/Colossus Thread

He looks amazing! By far the best he's ever looked!

Wonder what he is doing, getting ready to throw a punch? Also, is that Moscow scene? He looks amazing btw.

Looks better than he did in X3, however I was really hoping they would have kept the design from X2.

j2yJ1ft.gif

I'm in love.

Looks like Moscow. There's supplies (bottled water, etc) behind him.

He has the stripes on his arms a la comic book Colossus.

I still just have a great feeling that they are all going to be ready to fight and it will actually be the x-men showing up and I will be sat in the cinema like :wow::bow:

X2 Colossus is still utter perfection.

[YT]lpe_au6Gke4[/YT]

Looks like Moscow. There's supplies (bottled water, etc) behind him.

He has the stripes on his arms a la comic book Colossus.

Quoting, just for the sake of reading a response from someone who sounds like they have functioning eyes.

I'm fine with both the X2 and X3 designs for Colossus.

I think people tend to whine about things that don't matter and aren't accurate complaints, like Colossus' bluish tint in X2 VS his more silver shine in X3, which I put down to lighting in that particular sequence more than anything about the character himself.

When you look at this design, I realize that it may not just be a design change from film to film, but there could even be a subtle sense that his power and his control over it is evolving from film to film.

In X2, he's sort of like metal musculature. Sort of a very basic Colossus.

In X3, he's kind of also the musculature, but an argument could be made that he's also more armored in general, the striations are somewhat fainter, and given that his hair solidifies.

Here, it almost looks like he's actually able to create metal skin over that musculature, not just metal musculature, and that he may be even more armored. Perhaps he's learned to control his powers and to armor not just his muscles, but his skin itself, his eyes, his hair, and even to create actual layered "battle armor" on himself, hence the arm rings.

I think people tend to whine about things that don't matter and aren't accurate complaints, like Colossus' bluish tint in X2 VS his more silver shine in X3, which I put down to lighting in that particular sequence more than anything about the character himself.

Colossus' blue tint vs. his appearance in X3 is definitely down to the environment and lighting he's been rendered with. But you don't have to have a technical eye to recognize that the application and rendering of his effects in X3 are very much below that of X2. Chalk it up to time and money constraints. He had more scenes in X3, whatever. But quality of effects is not inconsequential and that's always been a major complaint about him in X3.

As far as your explaining his different appearances over the films, if that does something for you go right ahead. But as long as his effects, scenes, what-have-you look good--I can ignore any changes without a second thought.

I don't know if in other threads it has been discussed, but from the Instagram teaser video (the shot angle of sunspot warpath and blink) and fans were trying to figure out whose extra hand it was that we saw between blink and warpath. . . . I just saw the new photos by empire and you can see colossus has the same type of gloves! A line of sunspot, blink, warpath and colossus against the sentinels, it's gonna be a good scene!!

I def think you are right. Colossus is in Moscow with them it seems judging by the new teaser.

Love the arms in Dofp.

I hope Colossus appears on another scene with a more white/blue light, so his metal form will look closer to X2.

The temple has that type of light, so... its highly likely

I'm really digging the effects on Colossus. The X2 version is still amazing for an 11 year old film, but the effects in DOFP are pretty outstanding.

I'm really digging the effects on Colossus. The X2 version is still amazing for an 11 year old film, but the effects in DOFP are pretty outstanding.

Agreed. X2 was great for what it was, but these effects are by far the most real looking. The lighting, the density, the facial expressions, it's all a huge step up.

Also the lighting plays a huge part.

I wasn't digging the metal face but then I looked at his arms and it looks good.

would be nice to see colossus iceman cyclops and nightcrawler together in one scene. -sigh-

Don't know why he was so much blue in X2. He's metal, it should be colors of lights/things around him, maybe the room he was inside had cold blue light in X2.
I see some blue at his face and hair in this scene from DOFP too.
In X2 and X3 his body looked like man without skin. Difference between X2/X3 is dark metal hair in X2.
In DOFP he doesn't have black metal hair too, so same us in X3, but his body looks like in comic, not a man without skin.
IMO DOFP look is best of all, definitely ideal CGI at face, but would be absolute perfection with black metal hair.
So X3 is similar to X2, DOFP is similar to X3, but there are also differences. It's evolution of Piotr, maybe that's why they don't back to black metal hair.

I would like to think it's an evolution, but in X3 the crew simply botched the X2 design. And probably in order to get away from everything that was X3, they just completely revamped Colossus in DOFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"