Days of Future Past X-Men's Man of Steel - The Daniel Cudmore/Colossus Thread

Yeah within the X-men movies there is an air of realism as opposed to the avengers/Marvel cinematic verse. All of the mutants powers can be scientifically explained. So like even if Wanda somehow shows up in this film series,her powers won't be described as hex bolts or chaos magic,it will be explained as affecting probability some type of way through mater manipulation. blah blah, yada yada etc

Illyana though has a very versatile power set . She can create teleporting step disc,and her soul sword.....So who knows how that woud come into play.Hopefully with Apoc coming into play we will get more out of this world explorations,such as celestials, Shi'ar , Starjammers etc

Which is almost exactly how it was originally explained in the comics first, before the chaos magic stuff was added in by later writers. The "hex bolts" label was put on to be more of a catchy name to fit with the "witch" part of her codename, which was popular to do at the time.

He does have the icky x3 design but he had more awesomeness in that one trailer than all of x3

iBfRTjL.gif

I'm hoping to see more action from Colossus.

In the climax of X3, even though he was there, he didn't really get his moment unlike in X2.

I wonder what his counter attack will be since we see the Sentinel grab his hand.

Rights for Magic abilities belong to Marvel.

You can't be serious. If Magic abilities are part of a character's abilities and that character is included in Fox's vault of licensed characters, then there's no problem with that.

I mean in X2 he had a cool cameo but all he did was throw two soldiers through a wall. Every time I watch X2 I get mad when Logan tells Colossus to go. The two of them could have taken out Stryker's men easy.

In X3 he was criminally under used. At least here he will get to square off against some worthy opponents. I just hope he holds his own for a bit. In the comic he took out the most Sentinels on his own. I also love the cover to the comic where he's fighting Nimrod.

Colossus made it to the character tv spot! Awesome!

Not surprising. he was also included in the poster and some merchandise materials.

I noticed how much Colossus is on advertising including trailer. I have a feeling that If Bryan would have done X3, Colossus would've been a bigger character.

Wonder if that's a prop or it's just cgi'd?

I gotta admit, that looks pretty cool.

What the... So is Colossus' backstory that they discovered he was a mutant, when he was just a baby? I thought Mutation is supposed to manifest during puberty.

What the... So is Colossus' backstory that they discovered he was a mutant, when he was just a baby? I thought Mutation is supposed to manifest during puberty.

Chernobyl advanced the symptoms of the mutant gene so they were really early developing :) it says on the 25moments website

Chernobyl advanced the symptoms of the mutant gene so they were really early developing :) it says on the 25moments website

Beast's father worked in a nuclear power plant, exposed to radiation, and as a result, Beast was born with large hands and large feet, so it's not unlike what has happened here with Colossus (without the nuclear catastrophe of course).

Jean's telepathy also manifested at an early age before hitting puberty, so it's not uncommon.

No, plus the idea it's a nice nod to the incident

I know this may seem obvious but Colossus never got much screentime in any xmen movies. Think about it, the first six minutes of the opening scene (SPOILERS)
We get more than 5 minutes of screentime for Colossus, even the new mutants. We can all say for sure that they all get more than 5 minutes screentime. Hopefully they talk though. Plus they get scenes at the temple too!!!

Last edited:
Mystique also had her blue scaly skin way before puberty, and Xavier had his telepathy before puberty too. We saw it in First Class.

But some mutations are obviously more latent or dormant, and emerge only later on, during puberty, or during artificial manipulation. There is not one single rule on this.

Might be late to the party on this, but in viewing the clip of the opening sequence, it looks like Colossus's costume is a nod to his classic appearance. Hadn't realized that before this clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"