Domestic: $157,299,717 53.1%
+ Foreign: $138,700,000 46.9%

= Worldwide: $295,999,717

X2 (2003)
Domestic: $214,949,694 52.9%
+ Foreign: $191,500,000 47.1%

= Worldwide: $406,449,694

For continuity sake I hope we reach the $600,000,000 mark :D

600m would be phenominal, but 500-550 is a safer bet. Although, X3 could really break out and hit the 600 mil mark. That would be a dream come true for many X-fans as it would put X4 on the fast track!

Electrix said:
For continuity sake I hope we reach the $600,000,000 mark :D
That would be amazing, but I doubt it. Especially with all the competion its getting.

If it does exceed our expectations, do you think Fox would immediately greenlight X4 and start on it about several months later w/o waiting three years?

Mr Lex Luthor said:
If it does exceed our expectations, do you think Fox would immediately greenlight X4 and start on it about several months later w/o waiting three years?
I think the next thing we seen on the screen will be the Wolverine movie since that's already under way (last I read it was on its second draft). However, I don't think that will start filming until next year at the earliest since I think Hugh is pretty tied up - he finished The Prestige on Saturday, we don't know what he's doing after that but it can't be Wolverine since that's not ready, and starting in June/July he's going back home to prepare for his arena tour in August/September. There's an unconfirmed rumor that he may be doing a Spike Lee movie in the fall (playing Max Schmeling) but no definitive word on that. So that's pretty much the year. Another X4 movie may be greenlit, but these things take so long to make between script, casting, pre-production, filming, post-production.

Oh - and I think X-3 will beat X-2's $85 million on opening weekend (especially since it's a holiday weekend and they use Friday-Monday numbers).

One thing some of you might be forgetting is the growth of the international market and huge # of theatres that have popped up overseas. X3 should make more money overseas than domestic like Fantastic Four did. 550 million worldwide is my target.

i agree with ragingtemper on this about 70 million domestic
worldwide in the 300 million range

invincible mann said:
IMO - 70 million is too low. X2's opening weekend was $85 million and I think it may match or do more than that - I don't think it will below X2.

Im thinking 530 mil worldwide. But im hoping for 570-600 mil worldwide.

I pray and I hope that it would make way over 500 millions, but I think it's going to be more like 450. Pretty close to X2.

Kira said:
I pray and I hope that it would make way over 500 millions, but I think it's going to be more like 450. Pretty close to X2.

I know ALOT of people who werent interested at all in X1, but once they heard of Jeans death in X2 they flocked. Those same people say they want to see X3 most of all because of the famous Dark Phoenix storyline. X3 should make quite a bit more than X2 just like X2 made more than X1

Since X2 did approx. 37% better than X1, my low estimate would be that X3 will continue this "trend" and top X2 by the same percentage. However, I feel that X3 will probably be twice the improvement (moviewise) over X2 that X2 was over X1...so I think it could double that percentage increase. Very scientific/logical. Therefore...

$300M-$370M domestic (will go with the middle, $335M)
$260M-$330M foreign (will say $295M)
$560M-$700M worldwide (guess=$630M)

P.S. If I was the last one bidding on "The Price Is Right," I would add $1 to the highest bid. hehehehe :D

The curiousity will get the best of them. Fox needs to keep this thing locked up and stir up the curiousity to get the general audience watch it.

With the whole "Last of the trilogy" controversy and all the: who dies? who doesnt die? who is cured? who wins? sentinels? gambit? phoenix? This movie will far surpass X2.

I think X3 will have a surprisingly large number of repeat viewers due to the plot twists (and of course Famke Janssen's performance). I know I will end up seeing it at least a couple times in the theater. :D

PhoenixRisen said:
Since X2 did approx. 37% better than X1, my low estimate would be that X3 will continue this "trend" and top X2 by the same percentage. However, I feel that X3 will probably be twice the improvement (moviewise) over X2 that X2 was over X1...so I think it could double that percentage increase. Very scientific/logical. Therefore...

$300M-$370M domestic (will go with the middle, $335M)
$260M-$330M foreign (will say $295M)
$560M-$700M worldwide (guess=$630M)

P.S. If I was the last one bidding on "The Price Is Right," I would add $1 to the highest bid. hehehehe :D

I hope you're right for my wallet. That would be huge and way unexpected for X3 to break 300 domestic. It's pretty dark and violent which might limit repeat viewings from the anyone under 13. Hopefully it's enough. 250 would perfect but anything over is amazing.

Advanced Dark said:
I hope you're right for my wallet. That would be huge and way unexpected for X3 to break 300 domestic. It's pretty dark and violent which might limit repeat viewings from the anyone under 13. Hopefully it's enough. 250 would perfect but anything over is amazing.
LOL I put my money where my mouth is (fingers are?--um no, sounds bad) and bought some MVL stock a couple weeks ago...so thx for the Yahoo! Finance link AD! :D

it will have competitition this time though
the da vinci code
and i doubt its going to bomb on may 19th
so on the 26th the 2 films will battle
and its a holiday weekend
anythings possible
and yes i will see X3 0n the 26th

invincible mann said:

$70 million? :confused:

X3 will likely gross that much by Saturday on the strength of nostalgia and hype factor alone.

Girls will go see X3 for Hugh Jackman, Aaron Stanford, Jimmy Marsden, Ben Foster and Shawn Ashmore.

Boys will go see it for Famke Janssen (oh, yeah), Halle Berry, Rebecca Romjin, Anna Paquin, Dania, Mota (?), and Ellen Page.

24 fan will go see it for Shohreh after her speechless performance on the show.

Star Wars fans will go see X3 since they're bored and it's the only sci-fi film around that time.

Gandalf fans will go see it for Ian McKellan.

Trekkies will go see it for Captain Picard, Patrick Stewart.

Curious audience will go see it.

X2 fans will see it just to find out what becomes of Jean.

Etc etc etc.

I have faith in X3...

just whats the maximum people think X3 will make on the 26th?
85 million?
90 million?
100 million?
just curious

Another factor: Bringing the Dark Phoenix saga to the big screen for the first time. Besides nostalgia, newcomers will be hooked!
Also, the final trailer and TV commercials will be interesting...

Yeah, the Dark Phoenix saga is (I think) considered one of the greatest storylines ever in the comic history. It should be great to finally see it on the big screen.

Lets not forget that over time costs increase. This movie will make more not only because more people will go see it but also because the cost of seeing a movie has gone up over time, therefore the ammount of money a movie makes will increase even if the same ammount of people go see it.

I'm just worried how piracy is going to effect the box office. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"