Yellowjacket

Nope, Stoll said he was always going to be Yellowjacket even before Wright left.

But there have been reports of Wright doing rewrites for awhile before it became clear that they weren't going to be on the same page.

Anyway, that was just one of several theories. Rumor that turned out not to be true still strikes me as the most plausible.

I think it was just incorrect because he had been hinting at Yellowjacket for a while. I remember an interview where he cited Iron Monger from Iron Man 1 as his inspiration for the villain, saying that it made sense to have the villain get his powers from the same place as the hero.

So it sounds like he had the idea that the villain was going to for all intents and purposes be an evil Ant-Man for a long while.

I think it was just incorrect because he had been hinting at Yellowjacket for a while. I remember an interview where he cited Iron Monger from Iron Man 1 as his inspiration for the villain, saying that it made sense to have the villain get his powers from the same place as the hero.

So it sounds like he had the idea that the villain was going to for all intents and purposes be an evil Ant-Man for a long while.

Exactly.

Someone probably got wind that Yellowjacket was the villain and then some of the internet sites took that to think Pym was the villain because that was one of his identities in the comics.

Pym not being the villain is one of the few rumours Edgar Wright actually came out to debunk.

Am I the only one who thinks Yellowjacket looks like a crossover between Tron Legacy and Iron Spider? Still looks really cool though so I can't complain.

Am I the only one who thinks Yellowjacket looks like a crossover between Tron Legacy and Iron Spider? Still looks really cool though so I can't complain.

Its been brought up before.

I think they crossed the Yellowjacket costume with the G.I Ant-Man suit (the Irredeemable Eric O'Grady suit with the extra rocket launcher legs).

Another bit of concept art.

52S5wgk.jpg

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more talk about the Yellowjavket costume...

Same here. With all these new boards, we are spread pretty thin.

I think there was a pretty good discussion about it in some other thread.

I think it would be cool if Yellowjacket controlled nano-bot drones in a fight scene which might fit in with the militaristic concept and Edgar's old Nanotechnology idea.

I think the suit was talked about plenty in the general thread. I love it and think it may actually look more cool than the Ant Man suit.

Admittedly, the Yellowjacket is a really cool looking design. (it also helped change my view on this movie into a much more positive one.)

I think it would be cool if Yellowjacket controlled nano-bot drones in a fight scene which might fit in with the militaristic concept and Edgar's old Nanotechnology idea.

Having seen Big Hero 6, it would be repetitive, even if they did come up with the idea on their own.

Corey Stoll on Darren Cross/Yellowjacket
I'm Darren Cross who is one of the characters in the comic books and he invents this suit that can do everything that the Ant-Man suit can do, plus more. It's more militaristic, it's more advanced, it's armored... and then he is Yellowjacket."

Cross isn't your typical bad guy. "He is not a villain in the vein of Thanos or Loki, who are villains that know it. Cross isn't your typical bad guy.[Cross] is a guy who is not that dissimilar from Michael Douglas' character, Hank Pym. A brilliant scientist, who is not ethically pure."

He adds that the approach taken to the film's villain in fact extends to all of the characters: "I think a great thing about the whole movie is that everybody in this movie is in those shades of grey a little

av63_8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really surprised there hasn't been more talk about the Yellowjavket costume...

As a huge YJ fan, I think the movie design absolutely sucks to high heaven.

So, going on the "best to say nothing at all" philosophy I think a lot of people just cringe and try on focus on the things in this movie that won't suck.

So, going on the "best to say nothing at all" philosophy I think a lot of people just cringe and try on focus on the things in this movie that won't suck.

I can't imagine there's a "a lot" of people actively hating the suit.

Any way, an official look at the suit.

HFWm1iM.jpg

Last edited:

A lot of people passing up a chance to be a comedian or rip something? I think not. There's minimal criticism because people actually dont mind the costume .

I can't imagine there's a "a lot" of people actively hating the suit.

But that may just be me since I always thought Yellowjacket had one of the most laughably dumb costumes in all of Marvel.

Any way, an official look at the suit.

HFWm1iM.jpg
I was never a huge fan of Ant-Man in the comics, but this movie has attracted my attention.

That Yellowjacket design makes me want to vomit but I'm holding back as much emotion as possible until I see the actual film or maybe enough trailer material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"