YES or NO, should Cyclops be killed off?

I will bring pain and suffering to the ones who voted YES!

I didn't want them to kill him off when I first heard they were gonna kill him off. Cyclops is one of the most important characters in X-Men. The leader. He can''t die. But, it looks like he's gonna bite it in this one. Which is stupid, but what can ya do?

:cyclops:

I'm not even a fan of Cyclops, and yet I'm his biggest supporters here. Strange...it's weird you got these Storm lovers running about. What's up with that? Whatever! :)

was watchin an old ep of fresh prince earlier and this came to mind............

HHHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOO!!!

killing off Cyclops would be suicide for any director. As is evidenced by the poll taken on this specific thread. I agree that he is an integral part of the x-men. I would however voice my opinion that though he is important, I believe Storm to be the better leader. So that would be a No + sidenote

Storm....GAG ME WITH A SPOON, my friend. SPOON!

although us x-fans dont want cyke to die, i feel like the general movies goers who dont know to much about x-men really dont care about cyclops, his prescense in these movies have not been all that strong for them to care, and i think this may be a reason y fox considered his death. I jus hope fox listens to the fans and DONT KILL CYCLOPS.

in terms of the narrative, the non-fan will question Cyclops' death for one reason: Jean Grey is HIS girlfriend. That has been established in the movies already, though it's not like the deepest romance, it's there.

So if Logan is the one who brings back Jean from 'evil', it won't make any sense, and that love triangle is simply ruined. The whole idea of Logan not getting to get with 'the girl' is what made the triangle interesting. Plus, he's the homewrecker, not Cyclops; Scott is just uptight.

Octoberist said:
Storm....GAG ME WITH A SPOON, my friend. SPOON!

Well first off that was just a sidenote, if you want my longer more in-depth opinion you should check out the Cyclops thread, I expressed what I thought of Cyclops. I was a Cyclops fan for years. Cyclops is important, traditionally has been seen as the leader and though I think the character (including all interpretations from comics, movies and cartoons) has never been the best leader, I would rather Cyclops be the leader than have him fragged out of a movie. If they(Writers, Fox, Ratner doesn't matter which) are even trying to take him out of the movie then they are shooting themselves in the foot. What's worse is that they have made him look pretty pathetic as a character when there is so much more to him than they've done.

Octoberist said:
I will bring pain and suffering to the ones who voted YES!

Weird. I voted yes, yet I don´t fell myself paining or sufferiring. You need a new voodoo doll, dude.

the_scream said:
Possibly but he could also be knocked unconscious and have his eyes closed.

Oh, come on, people. Cyke would voluntarily close his eyes if his glasses were knocked off; it's absolutely elementary. Remember the uncontrollable laser beams? Yeah.

But I do still think he dies, that Jean kills him without meaning to, and I'm pissed about it. Because the real reason for his death, whatever stupid justification is given, would be "we were too damned lazy to give him some actual definition, and we thought the Hugh Jackman/Famke Janssen sex we're setting up for X4 would better bring in the box office dollars, so we're just conveniently disposing of him."

P.S. Storm and Cyke should be co-leads.

I'd like to take this oppertunity to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

definitely not. keep him as more of a leader.

Seeker said:
Weird. I voted yes, yet I don´t fell myself paining or sufferiring. You need a new voodoo doll, dude.

NOOO!

ok i'm thinking that the funeral in the trailer was for Jean but how can that be when Beast is there. i know they have to introduce Beast and all and by the time that happens it would have been too long from Jeans death (supposedly) till Beast. but from other sources i read it says that the death is of a new X Men in this sequel. so we shall see what happens

i don't like cyke a bit but i'd prefer to have jean finished off instead of him (if i can get both the better)

Seeker,

People, Cyke bites the bullet. He´s disintegrated by Jean. Maybe he´ll be re-integrated by the end of the film to kick Juggs´ unstoppable ass, but for a long part of the film he will be as dead as Marsden´s acting skills.

Sadly, I think you're right. I can just see it: Cyclops is grieving Jean by the lake, blasting his optic beam into the air in angony. She then appears from the lake and he is dumbfounded. She tells him to remove his glasses - believing she is powerful enough to stop the blast. She stops it and they smile and embrace but holding onto the beam causes him to turn to dust while she holds him.

Shortly after, Wolverine (looking for Cyclops) arrives and Jean levitates the glasses to Logan and explains what happened. Logan is both amazed and frightened at what occurs. She faints, and he takes her home. She then escapes and Prof X and Magneto go to her house to stop her - they know how powerful she has become. Only Magneto survives her attack because he is wearing his helmet. Prof X dies. There is a combined funeral for Scott and Charles, leaving Wolverine and Storm to lead in Jean's absence. Wolvering - once the outcast and rebel - now must take charge in the final battle against Magneto.

If anyone can come up with anything more plausible, I would really like to hear it but I think this is what will happen. :mad: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"