YES or NO, should Cyclops be killed off?

there should have been more options to choose from in this poll.

what if you dont want him to die PERIOD

or want him to die but as long as its done right

because who the hell REALLY wants him to die...noone!.....
i wouldnt mind him dying as long as its done for the purpose of the story.

YES, Cyclops annoyes me. Way to emo. and when he is a leader he is careless.

helllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooo

He should die.

Gracefully, like desperate true heroes die, but yes, he should.

Cyclops shouldn't die because it's not part of his character. It's like having Wolverine marry Belladonna, or Bishop using shapeshifting to stealthly infiltrate an enemy establishment.

Jean Grey is supposed to die. It is part of her character arc to die, and be reborn as the Phoenix. But it's not part of Cyclops' character to die. Yes, he's died before in the comics. Lots of characters have. But their death was never "real". They always came back. And coming back, in these films, does not fit in. With the real world setting they have, having people die off and coming back resurrected later on doesn't work. Again, it works with Jean Grey because that is a special trait of her character. And there have been a few discussions on these forums alone as to how her rebirth can be explained to fit into this story line. But the most important part is the fact that dying is part of Jean Grey's character arc. It's not a part of Cyclops' arc.

That's the difference between Obi-Won Kanobi, the example always used when people say "nobody complained when Obi-Won died"... well, Star Wars didn't have pre-existing source material that it had to stay true to... Lucas was able to do whatever he wanted to tell the story. X-Men, on the other hand, has pre-existing source material that it needs to remain true to, and killing of Cyclops is not remaining true to that source material.

So no, Cyclops should not die. Neither should Xavier. However, I don't think that Xavier's death would be quite as bad for me as Cyclops' death. Though I am totally against it, I feel that Xavier's death could be rationalized, and in the end, possibly work. Cyclops' death would ruin the movie, and consequently the franchise, for me.

i always thought cyclops was gangsta he's the man cause hes always so preppy and i used to hate him until i saw the movies

In the end of the movie, it should be Him not Storm leadin the X-men in all their glory. Cyclops needs to step up a be the leader he was born to be

no cyclops shouldn't die but watching the trailer i wonder if my theory is right...

i've said this many times...

cyclops mourns jean. goes to lake. finds jean. soldiers attack cyclops and jean. cyclops attacks back. jean uses her powers. powers exhuast her. jean is knocked out. they capture cyclops. jean remains at lake. xmen realize scotts been gone to long. they send wolverine on a search. wolverine finds jean at lake. brings jean back. later in the movie cyclops is rescued.

or...

cyclops is left for dead from the beginning where he goes to the lake. cyclops is never found until the end of the movie. he's found by mr. sinister. wish could be a good cliffhanger for the Age of the Apocalypse.

just a thought yall...

It would be odd seing Cyclops die...but....I could see it happening

Cyclops in the comics is a mature (even if disturbed and, at times, a bit whining) leader.

That's not the case in the movies. He's no "natural born leader" in them.

spyderman2k4 said:
I wish the worst fate imaginable to those who vote "yes" :mad:

Uh-oh....what exacty does that include?

I just think it would be interesting to see it happen....

Mr Sensitive said:
Aren't you taking it a bit too seriously, spyderman2k4?

I hope so....I might have troube falling asleep tonight otherwise....

spyderman2k4 said:
I wish the worst fate imaginable to those who vote "yes" :mad:

People Who Vote YES will be chased and eatin by the Giantt Killer State Puff Marshmellow man :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"