• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Your girlfriend fantasizes about waking up next to the Wrestling Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Smackdown will have Punk, Bryan and Cena.

Maybe they're beginning to shake things up and break in their top guys into working both shows if the unification thing comes to fruition, as they'll likely want their top champion to work both shows.

Getting the likes of Ziggler involved in the IC title picture also seems as though they could be starting to elevate the IC strap ready to take the #2 spot once the WHC is potentially removed.

The wrestling articles at IGN are pretty good. Here's a great excerpt from this week's article.

Let me kick off this Wrap Up by saying I'll always watch wrestling. Even when the storylines don't interest me all that much, it'll always be on my TV. It's just the way my life turned out. I'm not so easy for me to straight-up quit things after decades of immersion. Plus, as it so happens, I write about it.

But still, I regularly see angry people on the splinterwebs (I know!) writing about how the product is crap these days, yadda yadda, Attitude Era was da bomb diggity, etc. And I've come to realize that I feel bad for people whose first experience with wrestling was the Attitude Era. And that they weren't there to experience the 80s or the dismal early 90s pre-Attitude Era. Because for them it's just been a steady decline and not a roaring sea of highs and lows.

Yes, wrestling has now spread itself very thin, become oversaturated due to too many TV shows, and watered down the product in an attempt to be everything to everyone ages eight to eighty. But I can remember a time when wrestling was hardly for anyone. And with the news that the WWE will once again be dabbling in the realm of animated comedy (as well as producing a WWE/Scooby-Doo crossover movie), I also can remember a time when Hulk Hogan had his own Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon, Bobby Heenan had his own short-lived talk show, and a character from the movie "No Holds Barred" - Zeus - transported himself through godless dimensions and alternate universes in order to appear on TV to challenge Hogan over who the "real star" of the movie was. You can also throw Robocop backing up Sting at Capital Punishment into that latter category as well.

So I'll never say things like "I can't watch this garbage! Things haven't been good since Stone Cold and The Rock." Because there was a time when I was a fan of literally no one I was watching. The only dudes I was even somewhat invested in were Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. And even then I wasn't totally into everything they did. I just, you know, watched. I observed. And it's this type of passive observing that's getting me through the "Best for Business" angle and the new Big Show/Orton feud. Basically, I exemplify what CM Punk berated. Watching RAW despite itself. Just being a cog. But a lot of my wrestling-watching life has been that, so I'm fine.

However, Corporate Kane - AKA Citizen Kane - deserves a slow clap. No, nothing about the way he was jerked away from a supposedly inevitable feud with the Wyatts felt right or logical, but I very much liked seeing him unmasked and in a suit. Being a masked hell beast is a tough gig to maintain. You have to run the gauntlet of stories, both silly and serious, in order to have longevity as a monster. Look at what Abyss did over the past two years in TNA. He basically took a break from bodily abuse and transformed into Abyss' nerdy brother. Just to switch things up. Give him something new to do. Branch out, stretch his acting muscles. It was all about the character and not about wins or championships.

So I'll say this. Despite Kane's decision making very little sense, I'm looking forward to Citizen Kane being a part of the "Authority" more than I was him feuding with Bray. Even though one angle made more sense than the other. Plus, I like how he's not doing anything more, for now, other than just wearing a suit. And yes, the internet was alive with "Bull from Night Court, IRS, Devil's Corporate Demon" jokes last night, but this is still the most interesting part of the Show vs. Authority feud right now. I mean, what else am I gonna watch?

And I'm not just bored with Show vs. Orton because it's 2013 and the WWE hasn't successfully made (or even tried to make) new stars that can replace/succeed the stars of years ago. I'm bored because Show and Orton already feuded IN 2013!!! We've done this. THIS YEAR, IN FACT. And no one gave a s*** about it back in the spring either. Not only that, but it's one thing to take Bryan out of the title picture, but it's another to take him out of the Authority feud altogether. So now he'll come out to save Punk from the Wyatts, but do nothing to stop The Shield and Orton from attacking Show. Just after one week? I'm just saying it'll be weird if they have a Team vs. Team match at Survivor Series and Bryan's not on the team facing the Authority. Maybe, because of that very thing, they'll ditch the Teams gimmick and just run another SS with regular matches.

I just want to see Vince try and spin what's sure to be a low PPV butyrate this time around. Cena's back. Bryan's out of the main event picture. Orton vs. Show is headlining. All hands are on deck. This is everyone they've got. And the one thing it's going to show is that... a lot of these guys need to go. I'm sorry. I know there's a ton of TV to fill each week, but 90% of the roster doesn't mean a thing. We might not have jobber matches anymore, but we have competitive jobber matches. The outcome is still just as certain as when there were old two minute squash matches against the likes of Mike Sharpe and Pez Whatley. What most of the WWE is now is a bunch of Koko B. Wares. Elevated enhancement talent. Fighting back just enough to draw out TV time, but losing all the same.

And they've been on for freakin' ever. How long have we endured Khali? And Santino? And Kofi? And Truth? And Ryder? How long does one get to toil these days? I'm sorry, regardless of talent or lack of talent, but the WWE never did anything with these guys except allow them to take up space. Kofi's won a bunch of mid-card belts during his tenure, but he's still got a zero sum game going. The absurd amount of WWE TV on these days has created a locker room full of blanks, who get to nest in their nothing roles for years and years. Just think. Maybe if things were done differently years back we could have watched Shield powerbomb Kofi through the table at the end of RAW. All because he challenged Ziggler for the WWE title.
I agree with several aspects of this article. I grew up during the Attitude Era, so I agree that it's hard to continue watching when so much BS is occuring. I was glad that Daniel Bryan (and for a while Dolph Ziggler) was getting a push because it's something new and fresh, but once again Triple H brought down the shovel and both have been buried for the time being.

The fact that more younger guys have not been successful was the reason I stopped watching in 2007. Personally, I think fall is always the worst part of the year for WWE and I think that the buildup for Survivor was always half-assed, so I'll probably start watching again in the new year around Royal Rumble time. If Wrestlemania XXX ends up being a bomb, I may just completely stop paying attention again.

Last edited:
Knowing the 'E they will probably have Triple H say he's been paying for Kane's counseling sessions, medications are keeping him under control and the two sides have been quietly working together backstage for awhile. It seems like a lot of people are against the new Corporate Kane but I believe it could make for great television and possibly help to revamp the monster within (once again). I'm sure Triple H will get under Kane's nerves by making him do a lot of dirty jobs and the two will probably bump heads from time to time until the flames become too large to bear. This will probably cause Kane to snap and quit struggling on a regular basis to live a somewhat normal life for once. He would put the mask on again because, to him, it provides security and comfort. It isn't very logical to the average Joe but he is not the Undertaker; Kane is supposed to be a psychopath so he is going to do things that doesn't make sense to anyone but himself.

Those are just my predictions.

Last edited:
there has been no deal offered to davey richards and eddie edwards but signing them is an ongoing discussion within wwe. People within the company are pushing for them to be signed or at least be given a more in-depth look in nxt.

other people, mainly triple h, is against signing them because he and others feel that wwe has signed enough indy style guys. The feeling is that they have met their quota when it comes to that kind of wrestler so they need to start looking for more larger than life characters so wwe doesn't end up with such a one-dimensional roster.

lop

So for those wanting Ziggler to get a IC title run, would that still be possible if Big E wins the IC title from Axel?

I would much rather have Big E go after US Title because hes had solid matches with Ambrose. And have Ziggler go after the IC title because he just beat Axel.

If they follow logic, he should be the #1 contender, so if they face off again at Survivor Series, I have no doubt that Ziggler is winning it either at the pay per view or on a RAW soon. That would make the belt look good next time it's defended, so I'd like to see him get the title, hold it for a while, and use it as a stepping stone. He doesn't need it per say, but it could help.

JabarR said:
Ryback responded to Goldberg chants by hitting a spear and a jackhammer.

Love it, been saying he should do this in response to the fans for ages. If fans are still chanting his name at Ryback, Goldberg needs to get in ring-shape and throw down with Ryback.

Calling Corporate Kane "Bull from Night Court" is one of the best things I have read in a long time.

Kane's new WWE role is "Director of Operations" whatever the hell that means.

He should be in charge of murders and executions.

So what is Haitch saying? An indy guy can't be larger than life? Hasn't CM Punk proved that wrong? And wasn't Bryan on his way to proving it wrong too?

Wanted Bobby Lashley to come back to TNA. Got Pacman Jones instead. : \

So what is Haitch saying? An indy guy can't be larger than life? Hasn't CM Punk proved that wrong? And wasn't Bryan on his way to proving it wrong too?

All he's saying is that he wants guys he won't easily bury.

Oh is name "The Shovel" been used in the comics? Because that would be Triple H's super villain name. His powers would be the ability to turn into a giant shovel and also have his hands and legs and nose turn into shovels whenever he wants to. He uses these powers to bury people.

Last edited:
- The TNA live event on November 2nd in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan drew 1,000 fans.

- Jeff Jarrett is responsible for making the deals with outside promotions for AJ Styles to defend the TNA World Heavyweight Title. Jarrett is also now working as the agent for most of TNA's big matches, such as the recent Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode match on Impact Wrestling.

- Regarding AJ's opponent for the Wrestle-1 promotion in Japan, Seiya Sanada, Sanada has shown some interest in coming to TNA.

- Aces & 8s are either going to be dropped or not to be nearly as significant as they were since that was an Eric Bischoff project. No word yet what Eric being gone means for his son Garett Bischoff either. Garett is well liked and considered a hard worker.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/385786124.php

And as "The Shovel" once he's done burying people Triple H will then declare himself god.

Any relation to Lord Steven?

I believe so, yes. I'd say the resemblance is pretty uncanny...

l.jpg
williamRegal2.jpg

- Some fans may have noticed that Summer Rae's "Mean Girls" gimmick on NXT is similar to the mid-80's UWF version of Missy Hyatt and that's not a coincidence. Rae studied old tapes of the way Hyatt projected her character although the characters themselves are different. Dusty Rhodes knew this and the "First Lady of NXT" name they gave her specifically was modeled after Hyatt's "First Lady of Wrestling" name.

- As of this past week, the plan to turn Roman Reigns babyface is scheduled to be fast-tracked. WWE officials are looking at him as being the new young golden boy of the promotion. On RAW this week they did nothing past put him in a position where his spear on Big Show was designed to make people pop.

- The plan last week was to do an eight-man match with The Wyatts and one other Superstar vs. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and two other Superstars but now they're going in the direction of Punk and Bryan vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper in a tag match at this month's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view.

- There's also going to be a WWE Tag Team Title match at the pay-per-view with Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. No word yet if The Shield and The Usos will be added to the match.

- WWE's Gerald Brisco was recruiting and scouting talents at the recent National All-Star collegiate wrestling meet.

- Brie Bella's in-ring skills have improved noticeably in a short period of time because when on the road, she spends two hours before each show in the ring learning from fiancee Daniel Bryan. WWE are talking about releasing some "Brie-Mode" merchandise soon.

- The next set of WWE NXT tapings on November 21st from Full Sail University will include an added focus on tag teams, which is a new priority for the future dictated by Triple H.

- One person who works in WWE developmental made a comment to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter about Eva Marie, saying, "Eva has a real nice body, that's all I can say nice about her."

- The belief within WWE is that they are fast-tracking Brandi Rhodes, Cody's wife, to debut on the main roster. She started training at the WWE Performance Center this past Monday.

- As noted, Rey Mysterio may be out of action until 2014 while he waits on his knee to strengthen. Unlike in the past where WCW and WWE have put heavy pressure on him to return, this time around Triple H has been very good with him, telling Mysterio not to rush things and putting zero added pressure on him.

There has been no word yet on AJ Styles signing another contract with TNA but it appears he will be working past December because of the current storyline he's involved in. The plan is to keep him off TNA TV for a few months while he defends the World Heavyweight Title for other promotions.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there was an offer from WWE but it was one that AJ couldn't have possibly taken because it was about one-fifth what he's currently making with TNA.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

So the Shield break-up is seemingly fast approaching then? :csad: It's only a matter of time until Reigns gets the WWE title, imo. I can see them building him up over the next year, then possibly winning the 2015 Rumble and then the title at WM31, if things pan and work out.

I gotta admit that I kinda like that my suggestion of Bryan training his girlfriend in the ring has KINDA come to fruition but honestly they'd be better taking her off TV and having Bryan and Sara Del Rey BOTH train her more extensively and maybe have Regal teach her how to cut promos with more conviction while they are at. I understand that they want her to be able to make a decent case for herself considering the position she's in but they should go the extra mile. IMO

So the Shield break-up is seemingly fast approaching then? :csad: It's only a matter of time until Reigns gets the WWE title, imo. I can see them building him up over the next year, then possibly winning the 2015 Rumble and then the title at WM31, if things pan and work out.

I'll take Reigns as the next top guy over Ryback that's for sure.

I'm a little disappointed in Triple H. I mean I know he's not exactly the champion of the small guys, but I think he's a little more open-minded than Vince. I can understand searching for more big guys though, I just hope it's good big guys like Reigns, Langston, Harper, and Rusev. Not guys like Ryback and Mason Ryan.

I'll take Reigns as the next top guy over Ryback that's for sure.
Lol, F**k yes! :up:

I'm a little disappointed in Triple H. I mean I know he's not exactly the champion of the small guys, but I think he's a little more open-minded than Vince. I can understand searching for more big guys though, I just hope it's good big guys like Reigns, Langston, Harper, and Rusev. Not guys like Ryback and Mason Ryan.
Yeah, and I agree. He seems pretty high on Ambrose though, and although he's of average size, I woudn't necessarily class him as big, so there is still hope.

It's all about the image the company has wanted over the years and still seemingly wants. They always seem to want a big hulking powerful face to put at the front of their company, that can be seen as larger than life, like a Superhero. Someone that they can build on and use as an inspiring image to ideally everyone, whom they can aspire to and be like. Like Hogan, like Cena. Austin was probably an exception to the rule, as although he was pretty big, I still believe Rock was the guy Vince really want as the face, but Austin got it as it was either kill or be killed at that time for them.

Lol, F**k yes! :up:

Yeah, and I agree. He seems pretty high on Ambrose though, and although he's of average size, I woudn't necessarily class him as big, so there is still hope.

It's all about the image the company has wanted over the years and still seemingly wants. They always seem to want a big hulking powerful face to put at the front of their company, that can be seen as larger than life, like a Superhero. Someone that they can build on and use as an inspiring image to ideally everyone, whom they can aspire to and be like. Like Hogan, like Cena. Austin was probably an exception to the rule, as although he was pretty big, I still believe Rock was the guy Vince really want as the face, but Austin got it as it was either kill or be killed at that time for them.

They should realize though that "larger than life" isnt synonymous with "Greek god attributes".....Even in comics, people are huge fans of Spider-man and the only time he was jacked was in the 1990s comics. Fans still love the character because he's relatable which seems to apply to why fans like Bryan so much. He's the Peter Parker of the WWE on the other hand CM Punk is the Tony Stark in that he has jerk-like qualities but is still likeable despite it.. Even on the DC side there are characters like Green Lantern and Flash whom arent as buffed out as Superman but are still loved nonetheless...The success of Green Lantern on a big screen is another story lol.

Either way, I'm sure ya'll get the point.

Last edited:
Kane = Director of Operations.

They should realize though that "larger than life" isnt synonymous with "Greek god attributes".....Even in comics, people are huge fans of Spider-man and the only time he was jacked was in the 1990s comics. Fans still love the character because he's relatable which seems to apply to why fans like Bryan so much. He's the Peter Parker of the WWE on the other hand CM Punk is the Tony Stark in tht he has jerk-like qualities but is still likeable despite it.. Even on the DC side there are characters like Green Lantern and Flash whom arent as buffed out as Superman but are still loved nonetheless...The success of Green Lantern on a big screen is another story lol.

Either way, I'm sure ya'll get the point.

I agree with you 100%. Despite what the company want and believe the face of the company should be, they need to realize that sometimes people are more drawn to the average underdog, normal, everday relatable sort of guy (i.e. Bryan, Punk, Austin, etc). The kind of guy that 8 to 9 times out of 10 they actually are.

Trying to convince the stubborn and narrow-minded superpowers though is almost Mission Impossible.

Hey, you'll get no argument from me, sweetre. However, we might have to compromise with WWE because the odds of WWE giving us exactly what we want are slim. I imagine the higher ups in WWE hate the smark fans' guts, so pushing guys like Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, and Rhodes probably bothers them on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"