Your girlfriend fantasizes about waking up next to the Wrestling Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I had a chance to spend a few hours on WWE 2k14 last night. I spent most of my time in Creation, creating my superstars, as I normally do in these games.

Since CAS is where I spend the majority of my time, I must say I'm a bit disappointed that not much has changed in terms of CAS. This really feels like the ".5 version" of WWE 13, which in turn felt like the ".5 version" of WWE 12. And even '12 wasn't much different from prior years.

IOW, CAS has felt like an area that has been stagnating for several years now. It seems they spend most of their time and effort on other modes, like the story/WrestleMania mode, while CAS merely gets a new paint job.

My biggest issue is actually with the commentary/announcer names. They give you a TON of names to choose from the announcer names list. But, you go to the commentary names list, and it's still the same, limited options we've been stuck with for a long while now.

For me, this is "immersion breaking." Like, I can name my CAW "Adam Knight." I can give him those names in the announcer list, too. But, when I get to the commentary list, neither name is available. I can't have my CAW referred to by his last name "Knight." I have to choose from such exciting names as "The Superstar" or "The Bruiser."

If I want my CAW to have the nickname "The Maverick," I can only choose "Maverick" in the commentary list. I can nickname my CAW "The Patriot" and have the announcer call that out, but still can't choose that from commentary. And "The Patriot" has been something I've been waiting for probably 3 or 4 years now for them to add to the list. And it still hasn't been added.

This may seem like a minor nitpick for some. But, for someone who only plays as CAWs, and for someone who has been with this game series since the beginning, it's a big deal. I feel restricted in what I can name or "theme" my CAWs based on the limitations on the whole commentary system.

So maybe it's not just the Creation system that needs a major overhaul ( although, design wise, that's been stagnating, too ). But, the whole Commentary system needs an overhaul. It needs to feel more dynamic and responsive, and if you're going to let us pick from a healthy list of announcer names, ALL of those names should be available as commentary names, including the ability to string words together ( like "The Patriot" ).

Just like in the WWE, a feud ( such as the Punk/Heyman/Ryback or Bryan/Orton feud ) can only go on so long before it starts feeling stagnant. At some point, it needs to be resolved or shaken up to breathe new life into it.

That's how I've felt about CAS for a good 4-5 years now. Every year I buy the game, go into CAS, expect to see new stuff/options, and for the most part feel like it's the same ****.

I'll give Take Two a pass for this year, as this is their 1st year on the project. But next year, and the years after, especially as we make the move to the next gen systems, there should be no more excuses for not overhauling and improving the CAS and commentary systems........

rant over......lol

Ok now that Daniel Bryan has been Booker T'd and, Ziggler has already been Christained for quite some time already, who is the next face in line to receive a decent push? Big E?

Last edited:
Ok now that Daniel Bryan has been Booker T'd and, Ziggler has already been Christained for quite some time already, who is the next face in line to receive a decent push? Big E?

Likely Big E, only to have Triple H bury another one when Big E gets close to the top.

Booking Survivor Series

Big E. Langston, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, & The Usos vs. Kane, Randy Orton, & Shield

Big Show vs. Triple H (If Show wins, he gets his job back. If Triple H wins, the lawsuit is off.)

AJ Lee, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Summer Rae, & Tamina vs. Bellas, Eva, JoJo, & Natalya

Bray Wyatt, Curtis Axel, Eric Rowan, Luke Harper, & Ryback vs. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, & Miz

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena (World Heavyweight Championship)

3MB & Real Americans vs. Great Khali, Los Matadores, R-Truth, & Santino Marella

I really dont think it's the end for Bryan as a main eventer but WWE is really fuc-'d up for depushing Ziggler for no real reason and not giving Bryan the title. From what I hear Vince has become a force in WWE Creative recently and changing things as he sees fit so that MIGHT have something to do with it.

With that said, Both Big E and Cody Rhodes should be getting a good singles push between now and summer time. Vince and HHH really do need to stop punishing fans for supporting the wrestlers they dont want us to support it's counterproductive as hell.

Oh it's definitely not what's best for business. And, let us not forget that once Sheamus returns, he will be in the title picture immediately.

As much as I like Bryan in the title picture, I don't think it's a bad thing to keep him out of it if they are not ready to put the WWE title on him. He's been screwed too many times by The Authority to the point where he will look like a complete loser if he keeps failing to win the title over and over again every time he gets a shot at it. Let him climb his way back up the ladder and be more aggressive (like he was in that segment with Michaels on Monday), that will do more for him than continuing to get title shots and losing every time.

The WWE needs to push Big E to the top and push him properly or they risk loosing a key demographic, perhaps for good.

I wish D-Bry was given a WWE title reign until RE then again after Mania..But a temporarily break from the ME scene could indeed be good in many ways for his character and fans than keep getting screwed in every title match for months.

Teaming with Punk could keep the casual fans into him and matches should be decent depending on the Wyatt's plus at least interesting promos,When D-Bry eventually hopefully goes back to the ME scene to build WM maybe his character will be even more developed

if they tie the Wyatts into the overall "control/best for business" storyline, and that keeps Bryan ( and Punk ) involved, I'll be happy.

I'm fine with either Bryan or Punk as a face champ. But I'd love for Bryan to have a lengthy, meaningful reign.

I'm ready to start doing online matches in 2K14,IF anybody has the game for PS3..Let's play,I prefer doing multi-man matches but pvt singles is fine too,I promise I play fair and won't turn heel on you

The WWE needs to push Big E to the top and push him properly or they risk loosing a key demographic, perhaps for good.

I think the powerlifting community will be loyal WWE fans regardless of who they see on TV. :woot:

Seriously though, I like Big E, and would like to see him and Titus get some singles push, but it's important to remember that the WWF/E has been popular with many and diverse markets across America and the world without necessarily having anybody from those communities in any major role. IMO the greatest era of WWF wrestling was the tail end of the golden age (1990-1994) and the upper tier card whiter than the audience at a Toad the Wet Sprocket concert, and Americans from all cultures still loved it.

The jacket is pretty cool.

Thanks guys! I'm just going to redo the fringe stuff on the arms to make it longer like he used to have, and make the lettering and stuff on the hat more noticeable.

"Orton said that Miz is irrelevant, saying that he got cheered for beating the holy hell out of Miz in front of his parents last month." :funny: I just love it that even though Miz is a face, WWE now realizes how much of a joke this guy is and are consistently making a fool of him. Not complaining at all. :D

I'm ready to start doing online matches in 2K14,IF anybody has the game for PS3..Let's play,I prefer doing multi-man matches but pvt singles is fine too,I promise I play fair and won't turn heel on you

I need some practice but we can team up soon.

I've been playing 2k14 lately.Besides the glitches I keep getting, I enjoy the game.I'm not starting Universe yet until I unlock everyone,and did they take out the custom Titantron option ?, because I can't find it.

"Orton said that Miz is irrelevant, saying that he got cheered for beating the holy hell out of Miz in front of his parents last month." :funny: I just love it that even though Miz is a face, WWE now realizes how much of a joke this guy is and are consistently making a fool of him. Not complaining at all. :D

Well, the Miz did look like a massive tool wearing Google Glasses at Summerslam Pre-Parties.

Loving the superstar head CAW mode, so far made...

Quadruple H (obese Triple H)
Lil John (midget John Cena)
The Real Ameri-Kane (patriotic Kane)
Giant Jericho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"