The Dark Knight 12 Film Clips for The Dark Knight on iesb.net

Well, Nolan said that his intention in BB was to show the fighting more from the opponent's perspective and not Batman's. In TDK, he goes out to actually say that this time we'll get to see more of Batman's fighting style in a different perspective.

-TNC

Well, Nolan said that his intention in BB was to show the fighting more from the opponent's perspective and not Batman's. In TDK, he goes out to actually say that this time we'll get to see more of Batman's fighting style in a different perspective.

-TNC

See thats what I wanted, but these fight scenes do seem a little stale, and not very stylized compared to the BB fights. But I did hear somewhere that we still do get to see that style in TDK here and there with the fight scenes.

TDK seems to have changed that, and considering we haven't seen too much in the way of fighting I'll wait until I've seen the film before making up my mind. Still, it looks spot on to me and yes it looks a little more scripted, but in the real Batverse you could chalk that up to Batman now being more experienced and confident in fights, therefore anticipating moves and making it look "easier".
:huh::huh:

That has absolutely nothing to do with it looking slow and choreographed.

:huh::huh:

That has absolutely nothing to do with it looking slow and choreographed.
In ways it does. I agree it looks a little slower in the one particular shot, but I don't think it's just because it is slower - perception plays a part. All you have to do is look at professional sports people to see how their training and experience all leads to them becoming more efficient at what they do - that means the least amount of movement to achieve a desired effect. Their movements essentially become choreographed through repetition (x response to y action). It has the effect of making them seem to be doing less as there's no extraneous activity. I think applying that real world principle is relevant in this situation. In a fight Batman would (due to experience) fight with more efficiency, confidence and ease which would lend to a more choreographed situation.

I'm not saying that particular scene plays out fully in that way, but in TDK the fight scenes would naturally look more choreographed as it's a progression. Just as BB's scenes were rough and scrappy, there should be more "polish" on how Batman achieves a win in a fight now. Ra's Al Ghul said "this is not a dance" in BB, but it should become more dance-like in the following films due to Batman's progression in skill as a trained fighter.

It looks like the exact same fighting style to me, with some SLIGHTLY varied moves. I don't consider that a "progression".

I'm talking about the tone of the fights. BB's were more brawl-like initially. There was a progression throughout that film and I suspect (from what I've seen) there's been some change coming up to and in TDK too. Everything from camera setups to Bale's physique and the costume indicate some changes in how Batman moves and fights. That's a progression to me, and certainly and arc from the all in brawl Wayne had at the start of BB.

In ways it does. I agree it looks a little slower in the one particular shot, but I don't think it's just because it is slower - perception plays a part. All you have to do is look at professional sports people to see how their training and experience all leads to them becoming more efficient at what they do - that means the least amount of movement to achieve a desired effect. Their movements essentially become choreographed through repetition (x response to y action). It has the effect of making them seem to be doing less as there's no extraneous activity.
I know what all this is. But that has more to do with the amount of moves it takes to get a person down. Not the speed in how it is administered, which is what I was talking about.

I'm not saying that particular scene plays out fully in that way, but in TDK the fight scenes would naturally look more choreographed as it's a progression. Just as BB's scenes were rough and scrappy, there should be more "polish" on how Batman achieves a win in a fight now. Ra's Al Ghul said "this is not a dance" in BB, but it should become more dance-like in the following films due to Batman's progression in skill as a trained fighter.
It absolutely does not. I don't know a single martial artist that would suggest a "dance" in real-world fighting is actually good. It not only looks fake but it prevents you from improvising in a real fight.

I just don't like how one person conveniently attacks Batman one at a time. Or, when they hit Bats, it gets blocked....but then they just stand there waiting to get hit with a counter-attack. Looks very amateurish, from that sequence. Seems they've completely erased the swift but brutal hits Batman utilized in the first film. It just looks slow.

It looks like the exact same fighting style to me, with some SLIGHTLY varied moves. I don't consider that a "progression".

I would hope so since they said they're using Keysi again.

Well at least I'm not the only one who felt it was choreographed and slow. I'm not gonna go and base the whole film's fight presentations off that one scene though.

I just don't like how one person conveniently attacks Batman one at a time. Or, when they hit Bats, it gets blocked....but then they just stand there waiting to get hit with a counter-attack. Looks very amateurish, from that sequence. Seems they've completely erased the swift but brutal hits Batman utilized in the first film. It just looks slow.

That's the problem.

Fans complained about it being too fast in BB even though it helped hide/get rid of the typical choreographed one man at a time fights we're used to.

Now that he slows it down a bit to make it a little more clear on what's going on it goes back to looking choreographed.

I think it might be possible to find a middle ground between those two...but I'm willing to bet it's not easy to do.

I noticed this just a bit ago ... I guess it's just a combination of a couple of those clips...possibly better quality.

i started watching the youtube link and stopped when he mentioned the dogs.... it took a great amount of strength to resist...

have to wait three more weeks!

i started watching the youtube link and stopped when he mentioned the dogs.... it took a great amount of strength to resist...

have to wait three more weeks!

I watched all of it. So damn great. Heath owns in this movie!!! I didn't want to watch the clips but I couldn't resist!

hey so the fight scenes are better and more clear this time around. From what I have heard this movie sounds perfect I was just worried about the fight scenes not being clear like last time.

hey so the fight scenes are better and more clear this time around. From what I have heard this movie sounds perfect I was just worried about the fight scenes not being clear like last time.

based on the clips, one of the fights was aight...wish there was innovative fights like Bourne but at least it's better than Begins which we couldn't see

Why did they cut Bale's scene with his short off?
Similar to what they did with Batman Begins - in the trailer you could see his Chest while he was being attacked - in the movie you didn't.

The Joker is what's going to sell this movie. The story seems to revolve more around him than it does Batman. He's been the focus since day one. He's the rare case where the villain is just as iconic as the hero. I see there parts as pretty equal value.
His presence is what drives Batman's personal journey in this film, so he's important, yeah. But the film still is about Batman's struggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"