The Dark Knight 12 Film Clips for The Dark Knight on iesb.net

I would die laughing if someone went up to Nicholson and said that. :hehe:

There's a reviewer that actually wrote that. It'd be even funnier if a fanboy did it. Pretend you're asking for his autograph and then blurt that out. :hehe:

He's also one of the most arrogant movie stars around, meaning it's a big kick in the balls when people are making fun of his line in Batman by saying, "Wait till you get a load of Heath." :hehe:

Yeah, but he's a fantastic actor. One of the all time best, I believe. I do amuse myself with the thought of his obvious jealousy. You know Nicholson thinks he OWNS the Joker which is why he is probably sulking right now.

I like Nicholson's Joker, I like Heath's Joker. I prefer Heath's interpretation, but that doesn't mean Jack was crap.

He wasn't anywhere near as iconic as some of the closed-minded people in the general public will have you believe. A while back a dude came walking past my computer at the library and saw that I was browsing B-O-F. He asked, "Do you think it will be good?" I nodded. Then he blurts out for no effin' reason whatsoever, "Nobody can ever top Nicholson's Joker." I'm so sick of this crap. The damn performance was nowhere near that good to make such a lofty claim.

You missed my point. I PREFER Heath's Joker over Nicholson's, but I see no need to bash Nicholson's.

I wouldn't feel bad for him. There's still a lot of ignorant people in the general public who refuse to think his Joker can be topped. He's had 19 years of getting unbelievable praise for a mediocre performance. He should be grateful. :hehe:

They haven't seen The Dark Knight yet and may not admit a preference for Heath's performance, but deep down.. they will know.

He wasn't anywhere near as iconic as some of the closed-minded people in the general public will have you believe. A while back a dude came walking past my computer at the library and saw that I was browsing B-O-F. He asked, "Do you think it will be good?" I nodded. Then he blurts out for no effin' reason whatsoever, "Nobody can ever top Nicholson's Joker." I'm so sick of this crap. The damn performance was nowhere near that good to make such a lofty claim.

Most of those people are not comic book people and they saw Nicholson as topping Romero from the TV show. That's the extent of thier Joker knowledge. This film is for the comic book people. The ones who read the comics and graphic novels and really understand the psychology of the characters.

The general public see it as "oh they made the Joker demonic." Well, no they made him like he always should be. Nicholson was one step closer to what Ledgers doing but still pretty far off.

Completely agree. For years I loved his performance, but as I got older and saw more of his films I realized that for the most part he was just doing what he always does, but a little more over the top. Hell, just watch The Shining. A lot of the scenes towards the end of that movie remind me of his Joker. With Heath, he totally disappears in the role. If I didn't know it was him beforehand I would never be able to tell from watching him. I don't hate Jack's Joker, by the way. it's still fun, but that's about it. Hopefully it'll be seen as a relic of the 80's like the film itself is. Which I also still enjoy, but mostly out of nostalgia.

For those of you who don't grasp how relavant and significant Jack nichlson's Joker was for the character in general and what it did to overshadow the mainstream public previous interpertation of the Joker, then you just will never get it.

I don't think Nolan was given a choice on Holmes. She was the only actress to try out for the role and conveniently enough she was a star on one of WB's TV shows with a big teenage audience. I really do think her casting was by WB and an attempt at getting better box office with teenagers.

He essentially cast her. At some point during BEGINS preproduction, Nolan said that he had the role written specifically for her.

There isn't a need. You're right. For some though.. I guess there is the want.. lol:cwink:

I guess that's where Nicholson's arrogance factors in...

If he weren't so arrogant about his own performance...there wouldn't be a want.

CFE

QFT. I wasn't ever that fond of Nicholson's Joker growing up. As a matter of fact, he was blown off the slate completely as soon as I was exposed to Mark Hamill's Joker in the animated series. It hasn't been until recently that I've become able to appreciate Nicholson's portrayal, in the same way that I appreciate Cesar Romero's. Still, I prefer Hamill's depiction and (from what I've seen) Heath's much more.

I also think people tend to put Jack on a pedestal more due to his performances in other films and who he is as opposed to his actual performance in Batman. Me? I'm not into the whole celebrity worship thing, so I judge each performance on its own merits. And I really think Jack could have done better.

He essentially cast her. At some point during BEGINS preproduction, Nolan said that he had the role written specifically for her.

I often thought why, because prior to Batman Begins and Tom Cruise, she was just 'there'. There wasn't, and still isnt' anything special about her. To me, she's still a TV STAR trying to make it, but always ends up failing despite being in certain good movies.

She was pretty good in Pieces of April, although it's not exactly a role that screams Rachel

I often thought why, because prior to Batman Begins and Tom Cruise, she was just 'there'. There wasn't, and still isnt' anything special about her. To me, she's still a TV STAR trying to make it, but always ends up failing despite being in certain good movies.

She's not a terrible actress when she's in an appropriate role. But she was definitely miscast as Rachel Dawes.

She was pretty good in Pieces of April, although it's not exactly a role that screams Rachel

i mean, for a director to 'write' a role for her in a big time summer movie is weird. It's like how, sometimes you hear casting news and Joshua Jackson's name gets brought up for no reason. I happened with Batman Begins (in which he auditioned for), the new Fletch movie, etc.

And I'm like 'he's okay, but nothing special.'

I'm not against TV stars or anything. I'm still hoping that Ryan Reynolds get his big shot one day. Maybe I'm anti Dawson's Creek?

I always thought Jack kind of "phoned it in" but him going through the motions is still better than most. I just didnt really like any of the first franchise besides Batman 89, Burton is just as much to blame for the way things went as much as anyone else

• does anyone have the clips or know where I can watch the clips? I just now discovered this and I am so bummed that I missed out!

All of the clips are really amazing and make me even more hyped up for the film itself. But my favorite has to be with Batman is chasing The Joker. Joker's reactions to the situation is very Joker-like, chilling, amusing, and just downright scary. He's just getting a kick out of the whole situation.

"Oh, you want to play?!" Man, I'd be scared sitting next to anyone who wants to get a kick out of playing chicken.

Because Christian Bale is the main male character in TDK :whatever:

Whatever. From the way people are talking about the film and Ledgers performance, He definitely is NOT.

And I still can't believe that, out of nowhere, once again Jack Nicholson is brought up. It's crazy that no one ever says how Heath trounces Mark Hamill. They stupidest thing about all of this is that no one here has seen the movie, and yet Heath is already the second coming. Jack Nicholson's Joker is so incredibly paramount to the success and revitalization of this character that it's sickening when people bash it over a personal dislike for the man. That is pure stupidity. And for the record, I've been on these boards for a while, and not once, ONCE, have I seen anyone say "Jack Nicholson can't be topped". Any sensible person hopes for the better every time they're presented with a new experience. His Joker WAS dark, sick, twisted, anarchic, and every other adjective used to describe Heaths Joker so far. It's just that Heath might have done it better. Sorry for the rant but this ****'s going way too far. The bashing of Jack Nicholsons Joker proves just how spoiled batman fans are. Jesus Christ for the sake of myself and others, can the dickriding be held off until AFTER the release of the movie.

Whatever. From the way people are talking about the film and Ledgers performance, He definitely is NOT.

Just because a supporting cast member puts up a good preformance and possibly outshines the main cast performer doesnt mean they're the main character.

Awesome. These are some impressive clips. I like how Bruce is around Harvey.

Just because a supporting cast member puts up a good preformance and possibly outshines the main cast performer doesnt mean they're the main character.

The Joker is what's going to sell this movie. The story seems to revolve more around him than it does Batman. He's been the focus since day one. He's the rare case where the villain is just as iconic as the hero. I see there parts as pretty equal value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"