2012 Major League Baseball: Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been reported that Josh Hamilton's asking price is 7 years $175 million. If the Dodgers didn't already have a full outfield I think they would be stupid enough to pay this.

That's an insane amount of cash for Hambone. It might workout for him in AL, DHing & all (due to his age down the line), but not so much in NL.

Any team paying that contract expects in the last 2 or 3 years his value will diminish quite a bit so you're hoping the front half he provides the value. But he's on the wrong side of 30, injury concerns, and past off field issues.

They'll probably end up keeping him.

O M G

Potential trade is in the works right now between Darthphere's joker team of the Marlins and the Blue Jays

Marlins trading: Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, and Mark Buehrle, John Buck

for

Blue Jays trading: Yuenel Escobar and 3 prospects

Blue Jays GM: Lets trade

Marlins GM: Who do you want?

Blue Jays GM:
main.php

Giancarlo Stanton ‏@Giancarlo818
Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple

Jays INCOMING
Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
John Buck
Emilio Bonafacio

Marlins INCOMING
Yunel Escobar
Adeiny Hechavarria
Henderson Alvarez
Justin Nicolino
Jake Marisnick

Hahaaa, I think that GIF sums it up pretty well.

I'm curious to see if this will really go down.

****ing Marlins.

****ing Marlins.

356gdt.jpg

I haven't even looked at the deal....on one hand, I am happy for the Blue Jays. That division just got tougher...damn. They may be a dark horse now for the AL East.

On the other hand, my day has sucked, so I am basically like this now...

nicolascage2011ap.jpg

Holy cow, that caps off a completely disastrous season for the Marlins. When you consider the expectations, the hype, the moves, etc versus what the Marlins accomplished (or didn't) this had to be up there with the worst seasons.

The trade is not a done deal yet. A lot can happen in the next few hours that could derail the trade.

However, when the trade is official, the Toronto GM should say:

"Your move, Yankees!"

Still don't see the Jays competing with the Yanks or Rays unless Johnson returns to Cy Young form.

Honestly, I'm done defending the Marlins. I'm done rooting for the Marlins. I'm done with the Marlins. Done. If and when they get new management that actually gives a **** I'll come back. There's no way I can get behind this team now. Sorry, no way. They have destroyed any and all passion I had for this club. The City of Miami should sue the **** out of the Marlins for fraud. We're paying for that new ****ing stadium for what? To watch Yunel Escobar? Nope. They lied to the city of Miami, it's citizens and the fans. **** the Marlins. Yes, I caught feelings.

It's the old Marlin strategy. Fire sale the developed players for a litany of prospects. It's not quite the same for a few reasons:

A) all the developed players are going to one team, which I don't think is a great idea as far as not hedging your bets by taking several prospects from one farm system, and
B) they changed their name and are no longer playing in a piece of crap football stadium. And that's obviously a major problem for the fans, and clearly the Marlins bait and switched the holy hell out of Miami.

Business as usual for the Marlins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They'll always be a young, highly talented team and sometimes when they have the right mix, with the right veterans in place, they'll be a World Series contender. So, it's not like they're Pittsburgh or KC. But yeah, the City of Miami was swindled.

So the deal is done pending MLB approval, which seems to be a mere formality.

Honestly, I'm done defending the Marlins. I'm done rooting for the Marlins. I'm done with the Marlins. Done. If and when they get new management that actually gives a **** I'll come back. There's no way I can get behind this team now. Sorry, no way. They have destroyed any and all passion I had for this club. The City of Miami should sue the **** out of the Marlins for fraud. We're paying for that new ****ing stadium for what? To watch Yunel Escobar? Nope. They lied to the city of Miami, it's citizens and the fans. **** the Marlins. Yes, I caught feelings.

I'll still watch the Marlins, or watch the live Gameday on mlb.com...but this move just hurts....just..ugh.

Come hang out in Braves country for a while... you know you all really root for the braves anyway

:hehe:

I mean, this is like our 3rd fire sale but this one is different. You have to factor in the new stadium deal with this. Loria is a straight up crook, no way around it. Remember when they were going after Pujols? It's so ****ing laughable now.

I wonder if the new Marlins manager knew this was gonna happen. I mean this assures his team is going nowhere next year.

I wonder if the new Marlins manager knew this was gonna happen. I mean this assures his team is going nowhere next year.

Mike Redmond was managing A-Ball last year, this is like Double A now.

I mean, this is like our 3rd fire sale but this one is different. You have to factor in the new stadium deal with this. Loria is a straight up crook, no way around it. Remember when they were going after Pujols? It's so ****ing laughable now.
Not to mention they didn't win this time like they did in the past. It's the third time but there is no championship to show for it, even though with the new stadium and the firing of Ozzie, they wanted to make it seem like they were going to be a contender that shouldn't be messed with.
Mike Redmond was managing A-Ball last year, this is like Double A now.
I wonder how John Farrell must feel, leaving Toronto to go to Boston. I mean they are the better franchise, but Toronto just added a bunch of talent in the same year that Boston gave away their own share of big names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"