2015 NFL Thread: Game On - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucking at football is one thing, acting out in public to get off a team is another. It's who he is and it's who he'll always be. If he had played hard and actually showed some effort, 2 years from now he could have been one of the hottest FA's on the market. He could have left Cleveland as simple as that. Hell, if he showed effort in the 2 years he's been in the league, he could have asked the team for a trade. It would have worked out for both parties involved.

Manziel clearly did not want to stay there and play ball for two years and damn sure didn't want to for another two to prove something. If it was intentional, was it immature? Yeah. Lacking of class? Yeah. Do we blame him fully as if he were on a team like Greem Bay? No, because it's Cleveland. There are literallly 29 other teams he would have rather went to. He took the risk of looking so foolish no team will want him on the assumption that someone will want him after Cleveland casts him aside.

I hope Jerruh gets him so we can see if he really sucks or not.

Manziel clearly did not want to stay there and play ball for two years and damn sure didn't want to for another two to prove something. If it was intentional, was it immature? Yeah. Lacking of class? Yeah. Do we blame him fully as if he were on a team like Greem Bay? No, because it's Cleveland. There are literallly 29 other teams he would have rather went to. He took the risk of looking so foolish no team will want him on the assumption that someone will want him after Cleveland casts him aside.

Most players that are drafted end up on crappy teams. Especially if you're in the top 10 of the draft. That doesn't mean you should act out. I don't care what team you're on. Besides, he's not going to get a fantastic contract out of this. Something he could have had if he showed some effort.

Most players that are drafted end up on crappy teams. Especially if you're in the top 10 of the draft. That doesn't mean you should act out. I don't care what team you're on. Besides, he's not going to get a fantastic contract out of this. Something he could have had if he showed some effort.

I'm sure he knew that if this was intentional. And yeah, drafted players end up on crappy teams but there were literally 29 other teams he would have rather landed. And Cleveland is #32 of 32 teams a person wants to go. A s*** team with an even s***tier front office. It's not a coincidence that there's a jersey in that Cleveland store with all the quarterbacks' names taped on the back. Cleveland is a disgraceful organization.

You do realize this mentality would show exactly why he will never be a good NFL QB. Thus if he did this, he is already done.

I'm sure he knew that if this was intentional. And yeah, drafted players end up on crappy teams but there were literally 29 other teams he would have rather landed. And Cleveland is #32 of 32 teams a person wants to go. A s*** team with an even s***tier front office. It's not a coincidence that there's a jersey in that Cleveland store with all the quarterbacks' names taped on the back. Cleveland is a disgraceful organization.

Manziel had the option not to play for the Browns, didn't he? Those players aren't under contract once they're drafted. He could have pulled a John Elway and said I'm not playing for you're team. Elway was then traded to the Broncos. Eli Manning did the same thing and the Giants/Chargers switched picks.

Now obviously this is a bit of a difference circumstance seeing as how those 2 were 1st picks and Manziel wasn't. But he had that option.

It looks like Giants OC McAdoo will be promoted to HC.

Out of most of the selections, that is one of the better choices.

It was their only choice. Bringing in an outsider with a brand new system would have set the offense back a year to relearn everything.

a half empty stadium in Los Angeles will still make more money than a sold out Edward Jones Dome, hell the TV license rights alone should be able to make the investment worth it

is it really though? to get out of Cleveland

Which no one has really been debating. It seems like you are calling out St. Louis for showing more support for the MLB and NHL. But given the success in recent years of the Cards and Blues compared to the Rams...you can't really blame them.

Manziel had the option not to play for the Browns, didn't he? Those players aren't under contract once they're drafted. He could have pulled a John Elway and said I'm not playing for you're team. Elway was then traded to the Broncos. Eli Manning did the same thing and the Giants/Chargers switched picks.

Now obviously this is a bit of a difference circumstance seeing as how those 2 were 1st picks and Manziel wasn't. But he had that option.
Manziel said he wanted to play for the Browns. He called them on draft day. He was desperate to get drafted.

Which no one has really been debating. It seems like you are calling out St. Louis for showing more support for the MLB and NHL. But given the success in recent years of the Cards and Blues compared to the Rams...you can't really blame them.

no, im calling out St Louis for feigned indignation about losing the Rams when the Rams aren't even the first or second choice in that town

Manziel said he wanted to play for the Browns. He called them on draft day. He was desperate to get drafted.

Then that leads me to believe one of two things. One, he doesn't give a damn about football and never will. Two, he was in the midst of a QB controversy in Cleveland and just wanted out so he could start somewhere else. So he decided to act out and hoped to get cut from the team.

Then that leads me to believe one of two things. One, he doesn't give a damn about football and never will. Two, he was in the midst of a QB controversy in Cleveland and just wanted out so he could start somewhere else. So he decided to act out and hoped to get cut from the team.
Or he really is just an addict who act out like all addicts.

He also had an option to start. :shrug:

Maybe if he put more effort into Football and less into the lifestyle, he wouldn't be where he is now.

You do realize this mentality would show exactly why he will never be a good NFL QB. Thus if he did this, he is already done.

Of course. But the media firestorm that would erupt in Dallas would be entertaining as hell to watch. We'd all watch Dallas games just to see what would happen. Jerruh knows that revenue for the first half of the season would be crazy. And logically, it would make sense to get someone that Romo can groom as he is in the tail end of his year. Dallas is a great place to be a backup.

Nobody was going to do for Manziel what they did for Elway and Manning. Those were really exceptions to the rule. If Manziel were 6' 4" and 235 lbs, yeah, more likely. Like you said, there was a quarterback situation when he got there. Cleveland never put him in until they had no choice last season and this season.

Last edited:
Of course. But the media firestorm that would erupt in Dallas would be entertaining as hell to watch. We'd all watch Dallas games just to see what would happen. Jerruh knows that revenue for the first half of the season would be crazy. And logically, it would make sense to get someone that Romo can groom as he is in the tail end of his year. Dallas is a great place to be a backup.
Dallas already has the biggest ratings and Manziel is irrelevant as long as Romo is healthy.

I think Romo only has a few years left, IMO. Most QB's start to decline in their late 30's. Romo will be 36 in April.

no, im calling out St Louis for feigned indignation about losing the Rams when the Rams aren't even the first or second choice in that town

They can still be upset for losing a team even if they would rather pay money to watch the winning teams over their horrible team, as shocking as that may sound. Again, football in St. Louis for the most part had been historically bad for more than ten years. You keep acting as if there is complete neglect for football in St. Louis where history would tell you otherwise. It's not as if the Rams suddenly became really good people in St. Louis wouldn't have shown up. I guarantee their Dome would've been packed just like the cardinals and blues. Also, they were willing to build yet another stadium for the Rams just to keep them there.

And we are not even bringing up the fact that Kroenke hadn't engaged the fans in over 2 years and made it crystal clear that he wanted to take the team to LA and isn't interested in staying in St. Louis. Of course the team will be #3 in the area.

St. Louis put forth a stadium proposal and was raising the money to build a new stadium and gets shafted while SD and Oakland didn't get that far, get to keep their team right now,and can even be rewarded $100 million to build a new stadium. And with some word coming out about how the St. Louis task force believes they were led on by the NFL...yeah I think people in STL can be upset.

Oh well, it's over now.

Last edited:
12494663_10153864699206617_4748403326378108345_n.jpg

Reports are saying the Eagles and Coughlin are close to an agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"