2017/2018 NHL thread: Capital WON

Status
Not open for further replies.
30530409_1836158626404406_9192969926166446080_n.jpg

Wow, 15 people are dead, including 10 hockey players and only one other person makes a comment about it here. Disheartening for sure.

Wow, 15 people are dead, including 10 hockey players and only one other person makes a comment about it here. Disheartening for sure.

C'mon... It's disheartening... Tears well up every time I turn on TSN or the CBC.
Do I need to hear on SHHype how terrible this tragedy is?
Of course not... Because it's ****ing tragic.

I mean, yes it's extremely sad and tragic. But this is an NHL thread. Humboldt is a low-level junior hockey team.

Any one have a pick who will square off for the Stanley?

Im thinking Nashville vs Tampa....althiugh you know i would like to see Vegas get in there.

First round predictions

Nashville in 5 games
Winnipeg in 6 games
Vegas in 7 games
San Jose in 6 games
New Jersey in 6 games
Washington in 6 games
Toronto in 7 games
Pittsburgh in 5 games

Here's my total playoff completely wrong prediction

East
Tampa over NJ in 5
Boston over Toronto in 6
Washington over Columbus in 5
Pittsburgh over Philly in 7

Boston over Tampa in 7
Washington over Pittsburgh in 6

Washington over Boston in 7

West
Nashville over Colorado in 4
Winnipeg over Minnesota in 5
L.A. over Vegas in 6
San Jose over Anaheim in 7

Nashville over Winnipeg in 6
San Jose over L.A. in 6

Nashville over San Jose in 5

Stanley Cup Finals
Nashville over Washington in 7

I find it pretty neat that rivalry matchups are in round one, Ducks/Sharks, Penguins/Flyers...Kings and Knights has a medieval sense to it. Finals will be Tampa vs Nashville

Round 1 winners
Sharks
Knights
Predators
Wild
Lightning
Bruins
Capitals
Flyers

First round predictions

Nashville in 5 games
Winnipeg in 6 games
Vegas in 7 games
San Jose in 6 games
New Jersey in 6 games
Washington in 6 games
Toronto in 7 games
Pittsburgh in 5 games

WOW!!!

You picking the Devils of Jersey over the Nings!

Get that man a Shield!

Devils were 3-0 against TB in the regular season, although I dont see that helping them now.

Here's my total playoff completely wrong prediction

East
Tampa over NJ in 5
Boston over Toronto in 6
Washington over Columbus in 5
Pittsburgh over Philly in 7

Boston over Tampa in 7
Washington over Pittsburgh in 6

Washington over Boston in 7

West
Nashville over Colorado in 4
Winnipeg over Minnesota in 5
L.A. over Vegas in 6
San Jose over Anaheim in 7

Nashville over Winnipeg in 6
San Jose over L.A. in 6

Nashville over San Jose in 5

Stanley Cup Finals
Nashville over Washington in 7

I stopped reading right about there.

No disrespect to Flyer fans on this message board, but Dave Hakstol needs to be fired. It makes no sense why they play a defense first, fall back into your own zone, & play a passive box in front of the goalie. That’s the style of a team with no talent & exceptional goaltending, not for a team with Claude Giroux, Jakob Voracek, Sean Couturier, & Wayne Simmons as forwards with Brian Elliot & Peter Mrazek in net. I don’t think there’s a coach in the league that mismanaged his team’s talent worse than Hakstol mismanages the Flyers.

Round one of the NHL playoffs-offs last night was pretty cool for my hometown team. The Pens brutalized the Flyers in game one 7-0. Not only did Sidney Crosby score a natural hat trick, goalie Matt Murray played his best game since he returned from his injury.

Former Penguin Marc-Andre Fleury also shut out the Kings last night winning 1-0.

Lookin' forward to Pens game 2 Friday night @ 7pm!

Someone asked me tonight was I glad for the Jets’ success. I told him *expletive* no.

The Knights of Vegas is the first NHL team to win its first three Stanley Cup Playoff games in its inaugural season.

The Knights of Vegas is the first NHL team to win its first three Stanley Cup Playoff games in its inaugural season.

They are the first team to win those games. #GrammarPolice

You are incorrect sir...I'm not speaking about multiple teams. Only one...as a collective; so, the proper verb usage is is....as the former 42nd President of these United States have said. #GrammarProsecutor

Has anyone else even made the playoffs in their inaugural season? Maybe some of the '67 expansion teams?

The article seem to conclude that even during the league inaugural season itself, none of those team won it 1st three playoff games as well, so......

Someone asked me tonight was I glad for the Jets’ success. I told him *expletive* no.

I am. If you knew Winnipeg, you'd know how badly the city needed something good to happen to them. At least Atlanta still has the Falcons, Hawks and civil war re-enactments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"