Days of Future Past 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

I can't say I like the idea of shared universe much. To me the X-Men universe works fine as it is, with mutants and humans. To bring in a completely different set of superpowerful beings sounds like muddying it up.

Not interested in X4 with the full original cast back either and it would honestly feel like a creative step back. I can see that the DoFP storyline calls for the return of the original actors, but heck X2 is ten years old now, that cast had its time, time to move on already. If they have to bring in Jean, Scott, Storm etc., I'd prefer a totally new take on the characters.

And though I love the young Erik and Charles, I'd only want to see more movies about them if there are still great stories to be told about the characters who already would have appeared in five movies by then.

Last edited:
I just hope we don't get a complete reboot, Bryan Singer's finally in control of the X-Men movies and there's allways First Class to continue from in case you want to repeat the Magneto problem. FOX can do whatever they want with a shared universe but the X-Men unverse allways worked better stand-alone

Well Franklin Richards is a mutant, and it would be cool to see Doom and Magneto battle it out.

Am I the only one who likes the down-to-earth approach of the X-Men movieverse? Not saying I don't want it to evolve with more fantastical stuff, more comics-esque aesthetics and characters etc, cause I really do. But I also don't want to completely lose and abandon the more intimate, gritty and very human side of the franchise. I think it fits the X-Men so well.

Am I the only one who likes the down-to-earth approach of the X-Men movieverse? Not saying I don't want it to evolve with more fantastical stuff, more comics-esque aesthetics and characters etc, cause I really do. But I also don't want to completely lose and abandon the more intimate, gritty and very human side of the franchise. I think it fits the X-Men so well.

It has to evolve, but it should still keep the depth and themes that give it an advantage over Avengers and other Marvel Studios stuff.

The thing is that other comic book adaptations have now left X-Men in the dust in many ways. Look at the box office of the Spider-Man films (even the worst one made $890 million), the Avengers and the Dark Knight Saga. Those were big-scale event movies.

You don't get the same sense of scale and spectacle from the X-Men films. They're always hiding away in mansions, islands, forests, underground lairs. It's time to take it to the streets!

Part of the problem is the expensive cast, so they have to find a way around that. I don't know how much Robert Downey Jr earns but I doubt it's as much as Jackman's $20 million a movie. He should be doing these films for much less. I mean, what does a person keep doing with $20 million pay checks? Once you've received one payment of $20 million, why do you need more payments of $20 million? It's like winning the lottery and demanding that you keep winning the lottery. These massive salaries are using up budget that could be paying for better special effects and location shooting.

You don't get the same sense of scale and spectacle from the X-Men films. They're always hiding away in mansions, islands, forests, underground lairs. It's time to take it to the streets!

cant agree more with you. I love intimate scenes, and we need stuff like that on all the sequels, but its about time the X-men movies go BIG.

Big sets, big shots, and big action.

I need complex scenes where we see how big the set is, with shots from the air, and many different angles of the same scene, and the team. I cant wait to see the x-men between the buildings and streets of a big city, running and fighting everywhere, with some heavy stuff going up. you know... what it used to be called EPIC stuff.

I feel that you can maintain the theme of persecution of minorities and make an over the top super powered adventure at the same time. Mathew Vaughn came very close to striking that balance in First Class. I'm sure he could've perfected his approach in his now defunct second approach.

I don't know how much Robert Downey Jr earns but I doubt it's as much as Jackman's $20 million a movie.

Robert made 50 million for the Avengers.

It has to evolve, but it should still keep the depth and themes that give it an advantage over Avengers and other Marvel Studios stuff.

The thing is that other comic book adaptations have now left X-Men in the dust in many ways. Look at the box office of the Spider-Man films (even the worst one made $890 million), the Avengers and the Dark Knight Saga. Those were big-scale event movies.

Part of the problem is the expensive cast, so they have to find a way around that. I don't know how much Robert Downey Jr earns but I doubt it's as much as Jackman's $20 million a movie. He should be doing these films for much less. I mean, what does a person keep doing with $20 million pay checks? Once you've received one payment of $20 million, why do you need more payments of $20 million? It's like winning the lottery and demanding that you keep winning the lottery. These massive salaries are using up budget that could be paying for better special effects and location shooting.

RDJ's Avengers paycheck trumps anything Jackman has ever made doing X-Men. I'll just say that.

Not to mention that Robert Jr has become biggest box office superhero by his own, from Marvel and Fox properties.

RDJ's Avengers paycheck trumps anything Jackman has ever made doing X-Men. I'll just say that.

But most of that came out of the box office profits not the budget

What I find interesting is that Hugh continues to make this kind of money considering that his solo film performed poorly compared to RDJ's Iron Man successes.

Hugh Jackman is still a huge star and bankable actor. And I haven't heard a film of him that completely flopped at the box-office.

He's had big hits but he's also had his share of turds like every other actor in history.

Hugh can be all the talented and well known anyone wants to say, but right now Robert R. Jr seems like a bigger boxoffice seller compared to Hugh

Lets see how much The Wolverine does compared to Ironman 1, 2 and 3.

Hugh Jackman is still a huge star and bankable actor. And I haven't heard a film of him that completely flopped at the box-office.

Van Helsing, anyone? He even made a joke about that movie in his solo show.

And Australia was a bomb. Although I liked that movie, and it provided one the best moments in that same solo show.

He was also in that Movie 43 for some reason. Even I didn't see that one.

The Fountain tanked as well, because people are stupid. :oldrazz:

He's a huge star on Broadway. He could get on stage and sing the phone book for two hours and it would sell out for six months in advance.

Les Miserables is really the first movie he's done outside of the X-Men movies that's been a huge box office success.

Even as poorly received as Origins was (and being readily available online a month before it opened), it still did $373 worldwide. It's a bad movie, but it didn't flop at the box office.

That still didn't hurt his career and did the press ever made a big deal out of those films? I don't think so. The thing is he's still the #1 star of this series and even if the other comic-book movies topped the box-office numbers of his solo Wolverine movies, its not a reason why they should lower his salary. If thats the case then they should just replace him w/ Robert Downey Jr. since he would probably bring more money.

Yeah, nothing really to be disappointed about yet. Maybe concerns, but I think after the hype of the announcement wound down the faults of the franchise have had time to come back into play. Alot of fans who weren't happy with a number of things just want something new and more accurate without Singer. He may have not been responsible for some of the terrible choices, but everything has revolved around his X world for awhile and another decade of that may not look that good to alot of people.

Post X2 Singer hasn't exactly had the best film career, and since he now has this franchise fully in his grip more then ever, I don't think there is any way he will let it go unless this thing is a huge flop. So it's either more OT or FC for a fairly long time imo.

I'd be cool with either a reboot or more of these films, as long as DOFP is good and they stop wasting characters. Hopefully this film makes a clear path for future films cause that's really what they need.

True and quite possible. My hope is that, if Singer does stay involved with this franchise, he's learned a few things since X2. He's talked quite a bit about expanding the X-Men universe in recent interviews, so let's hope that's the case and that he's not quite as hung up on Jackman's Wolverine as he seemingly used to be.

Van Helsing, anyone? He even made a joke about that movie in his solo show.

And Australia was a bomb. Although I liked that movie, and it provided one the best moments in that same solo show.

He was also in that Movie 43 for some reason. Even I didn't see that one.

The Fountain tanked as well, because people are stupid. :oldrazz:

He's a huge star on Broadway. He could get on stage and sing the phone book for two hours and it would sell out for six months in advance.

Les Miserables is really the first movie he's done outside of the X-Men movies that's been a huge box office success.

Even as poorly received as Origins was (and being readily available online a month before it opened), it still did $373 worldwide. It's a bad movie, but it didn't flop at the box office.

Agreed. Jackman's had his share of low grossing movies outside of the X-Men franchise, but he's proven to be a bankable Wolverine which is why Fox is willing to pay him as much as the studio does.

What I find interesting is that Hugh continues to make this kind of money considering that his solo film performed poorly compared to RDJ's Iron Man successes.

What do you mean continues? He hasn't been in an X-Men Fiona since x3.

The Prestige did well too didn't it? At least it didn't bomb?

What the heck is an X-Men Fiona and who the hell's Fiona?! :huh:
God damn auto-correct! :doh:

Film.
8be5ead6.gif

What do you mean continues? He hasn't been in an X-Men Fiona since x3.

I thought someone said he's making similar salaries with the next Wolverine film and Days Of Future Past. If that's true, then my coined term "continues to make" falls into play. If he's making less than $20M for the next two films then nevermind my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"