The Dark Knight 4 "Dark Knight" Scenes to be Shot in IMAX!

For anyone who didn't like the shaky cam scenes in Begins (I liked em), I think a camera that huge is a good sign he won't do that in these scenes. Can you even carry that thing on a steadycam without being called Arnold Schwarzenegger?

For anyone who didn't like the shaky cam scenes in Begins (I liked em), I think a camera that huge is a good sign he won't do that in these scenes. Can you even carry that thing on a steadycam without being called Arnold Schwarzenegger?

yeah, you can, you'd be surprised.

Isn't that one of the IMAX cameras (which are much larger than typical cameras)?

Isn't that one of the IMAX cameras (which are much larger than typical cameras)?

yeah, but you can get steady cam rigs for heavier camera's, they outsource some of the weight to make it managable and still mobile. (cost a bomb tho)

Really? I wouldn't fancy that job. You still have to bare the whole weight, its just balanced nicely

Really? I wouldn't fancy that job. You still have to bare the whole weight, its just balanced nicely

you can ones that have a secondary metal shaft, that resources the weight into a small tracking rig(either with track, or 'wheels') it doesn't effect the motion of the shot, just takes the excess weight out.

Cool, didn't know that. You have to wonder whether it's worth the effort and expense for miniscule financial reward. Making the composition decent in both formats might be tricky, I suppose there'll be indicators for normal aspect ratio on the viewfinder and playback monitor?

If the studio owns the rigs, it's no big deal really, one off purchase really, and IMAX tickets aint cheap! lol

The stupid IMAX near me doesn't show movies.

the one in Waterloo is the biggest screen in europe :)

Only thing I've seen in IMAX is the frigging Lion King

I want to see every hair on Ledger's chinny chin chin.

Sadly I may find it hard to get to an IMAX. Damn you genetics

Can't wait for this IMAX presentation - I saw BB twice last time in this format, and it was much better than the regular screen - especially the sound.

Being that 4 scenes will fill the whole screen should be outstanding.

Only thing I've seen in IMAX is the frigging Lion King

I used to work for a science museum that had an Omnimax, or Imax Dome, not just the curved screen. I miss those days.... Antarctica on that screen was amazing!

Whatever happened to Romero's Stache?

The user, not the actual stache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"