The Dark Knight Nester Carbonell Joins "The Dark Knight"

Noo Mr. Socko, I expect you to... well, uhh.. yea. Talk.

Yeah, I dont see why anyone is complaining. Sure, I think we all expected someone older, but that doens't mean anything. Nothing about this guy says he cant play the Mayor of a city like Gotham. He's also most likely not playing an existing character, so it's not unfaithful or anything. And even if they were calling him Mayor Hill... who cares? Loeb was black, Flass was fat, big whoop.

The only downside to this is that I was kinda hoping it'd be an opportunity for a cameo of some sorts. Not even necessarily a Batman-related cameo like Adam West, but just an older, respected actor who usually wouldn't appear in a Batman movie.

Although on second thought... this is a cameo. It's Batmanuel.

Actually, Adam West wouldn't make a bad mayor. Like Batman got promoted to mayor. BUT it would be too much of a wink wink distraction. And people would get punched everytime they said "holy mayor, batman" or some such nonsense.

Great comments people. I'm definitely getting a Gavin Newsom, the mayor of San Francisco, vibe from Carbonell's casting. Just like Newsom, I suspect Carbonell's mayor will be young, sleezy, shady and two faced.

Gavin Newsom went to my high school... so did Robin Williams.

You got their phone numbers?

I know someone who has Robin's, she was the yard-duty of my middle school, but then she became a real estate agent. She found Robin a home and sold it.

I'm a big Carbonell fan, so I'm pretty pumped. Ever since his brilliant turn as Batmanuel in The Tick, he kind of disappeared. So, when he popped up in Smokin' Aces and on Lost, I was pretty happy. Now, he's in The Dark Knight. Good news. This guy is a very underrated actor. He will do very well in the role.

I only know him from "Suddenly Susan".

That's an incredibly interesting and unique choice. I'm sure he'll do great.

It's Luis from Suddenly Susan.:p :up: Unlike the rest of the cast from that show he has moved on to bigger and better things.

I was expecting a much older mayor though.

smokinpre.jpg

....:ninja:

Wow how boring do you all want this movie to be? We need a bad-ass mayor. Nolan's bat world is all bad-ass and a 60 year old mayor wouldn't deliver that. Unless he's Rutger Hauer caliber actor. Carbonell's face just screams "I'm an assh0le who doesn't take ***** from anyone!" The Dark Knight must be a bad-ass movie to cleanse my brain of the camp of Spider-man 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3 (shouldve avoided all of them).

And just another note, I just soiled myself.

u know this how?

My friend's mom's sister is the ex-wife of my 4th grade teacher's ex-husband who took scuba diving lessons with Christopher Nolan's hairdresser's hairdresser.

Oh, and it also says so on this car sticker from the Chicago set.
539926970_1a9b2ca867_o.jpg

Do your homework. Stay in drugs. Don't do milk. Drink your school.

I really hope this means that we'll be seeing Nestor Carbonell here in the old 'Windy City'. I'd love to be able to meet this guy, he seems really cool and I'm a big fan of his work on LOST, The Tick, and anything else his IMDB page informs me of that's notable (I do remember he played a former lover of Carla's on Scrubs).

All we need is for Matthew Fox to play some random character in the film and we've got ourselves a Trilogy of 'Foxonell' (LOST, Smokin' Aces, and this). :D

I recognize this guy. Is he any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"