5.21 Oracle-Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

triplet said:
Craig knows a lot more than he lets on...

If he says it will be a great ep, it will be. You can count on it.

I prefer judging Episodes myself when I see them :up:

Dnsk said:
I prefer judging Episodes myself when I see them :up:

Well, Craig's opinion is trustworthy... ultimately, yeah, I like to make up my own mind too but until I see it for myself, I trust his opinion.

The services of the Ghostbusters are needed in Smallville apparently.

triplet said:
CLARK IS VISITED BY JONATHAN’S GHOST — Clark (Tom Welling) is stunned when he sees his father’s ghost (John Schneider) at the graveyard, but becomes even more confused after Jonathan tells him he must kill Lionel (John Glover). Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) develops a vaccine for Fine’s (guest star James Marsters) deadly virus, but Fine intervenes and injects him with the vaccine, which causes a shocking reaction in Lex. Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance, Allison Mack and Annette O’Toole also star.. The episode was written by Caroline Dries and directed by Whitney Ransick (#2T6421).

Yikes...

I agree that it's not really Jonathan's ghost, just another mind-game orchestrated by Fine.

I wonder about Lex's motivations for developing a vaccine for the virus? Altruism? Naaah, but that's what he'll try to pass it off as most likely. Profit and self-promotion? Now that would make sense.

If the "shocking reaction" does indeed result in "Super-Lex" then I wonder how long the condition will last. I would think it would be temporary...
Maybe it's not that even. Lex's meteor-freak ability is a resistance to disease - so an injection of vaccine would maybe make him super-invincible? I'm intrigued by what they are going to do with this..

Carolyn Dries and Whitney Ransick? I'll have to go look at that list bigtree posted yesterday to see what else these two have done. Anyone know off-hand?

Lex has meteor freak abilities to be resistance to disease? But I thought hes supposed to get cancer in the future. They even showed the black glove, symbolizing the hand that gets cut off.

Serene said:
Carolyn Dries and Whitney Ransick? I'll have to go look at that list bigtree posted yesterday to see what else these two have done. Anyone know off-hand?

Carolyn Dries wrote Cyborg. Whitney Ransick directed Spirit, Tomb.. and HIDDEN, lol.

He was trying out for the Michael Jackson Stars in your Eyes contest that day

Kane said:
Lex has meteor freak abilities to be resistance to disease? But I thought hes supposed to get cancer in the future. They even showed the black glove, symbolizing the hand that gets cut off.

The first meteor shower enhanced Lex's immune system and made him able to survive or even be immune to any normal sickness or disease. And b/c the cancer he gets is from a green K rock, technically that wouldn't be considered "normal" and therefore it would be able to affect him.

Why is everyone jumping to conclusions and saying Lex will get superpowers from a virus vaccine? How would a vaccine for a dead virus give someone powers?

tonytr1687 said:
Why is everyone jumping to conclusions and saying Lex will get superpowers from a virus vaccine? How would a vaccine for a dead virus give someone powers?

Ausiello: Lex is headed for a betrayal by Brainiac/Milton Fine (James Marsters) that could leave young Mr. Luthor with some superpowers of his own.

Would it be really a betryal ? I mean Fine gives Lex a Shot of that thingy & if Lex gets Super Powers I think Lex would be happy about it. The only reason I see Lex getting ticked is because if the thing had some sort of crappy after effect. But if all Lex got was Super Powers. Lex would LOVE IT. Then Braniac would tell Lex everything about Clark & yada yada then we get Super Lex & Multiple Braniac VS Clark Kent

TVGuide's Description:
Suspicions about Lionel Luthor's intentions are raised when Clark and Martha receive ghostly visits from Jonathan, who tells them that Lionel must die. Meanwhile, Lex's trust in Milton Fine is taxed when Fine demands the vaccine.

The WB's Official Description: "Oracle"

CLARK IS VISITED BY JONATHAN’S GHOST — Clark (Tom Welling) is stunned when he sees his father’s ghost (John Schneider) at the graveyard, but becomes even more confused after Jonathan tells him he must kill Lionel (John Glover). Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) develops a vaccine for Fine’s (guest star James Marsters) deadly virus, but Fine intervenes and injects him with the vaccine, which causes a shocking reaction in Lex. Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance, Allison Mack and Annette O’Toole also star.. The episode was written by Caroline Dries and directed by Whitney Ransick .

TVGuide's Official description for "Oracle"

Suspicions about Lionel Luthor's intentions are raised when Clark and Martha receive ghostly visits from Jonathan, who tells them that Lionel must die. Meanwhile, Lex's trust in Milton Fine is taxed when Fine demands the vaccine.

Awesome, I can't wait to see this episode. This sounds like it's going to be a kick ass episode . :up: :up:

You know, I'm starting to think that Jor-El is still inhabiting Lionel's body and Fine is trying to get Clark to destroy him.

Mike_D202 said:
You know, I'm starting to think that Jor-El is still inhabiting Lionel's body and Fine is trying to get Clark to destroy him.
Now THAT's the best theory I think I've heard so far. Interesting! :up:

Mike_D202 said:

How would Fine know Jor El is in Lionel & has Fine even crossed paths with Lionel to begin with ? I dont remember Fine ever meeting Lionel

Well "Oracle" is still a ways away so I'm guessing Fine will find out pretty soon (or another entity that wants Jor-El destroyed because this does NOT sound like something J.K. would tell Clark).

Mike_D202 said:
Well "Oracle" is still a ways away so I'm guessing Fine will find out pretty soon (or another entity that wants Jor-El destroyed because this does NOT sound like something J.K. would tell Clark).

I would think that It is possible that if its REALLY Jonathans Ghost & not something being set up by Fine or whoever maybe hes been watching over Lionel & he knows that Lionel is maybe planning something REALLY BIG ?

avidreader said:
Finally a celebration for Clark's birthday. I hope he's happy. :)

Yeah, it was a shame they cut the party from Talisman...

:up:

It looks good.

This is where he needs to learn Superbreath. He goes to blow out the candles and ends up blowing everyone out the other side of the house.

hehe...embaressment ensues.:O :D

Mmmm I just wanna squeeze Durance.

orcale59wx.jpg

Finally their celebrating Clark's 18th Birthday . I'm glad Lois is their. I wonder what she got him.

I can't wait for "Oracle", I see MAJOR FORSHADOWING !!!! happening in this episode .
:supes:

It's not his 18th, 19th or 20th.. I think, anyway I love the pic..

orcale126jy.jpg

:supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"