7.16 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

where does it say that? Ausiello said that nearly everyone will be coming back next season. I'm taking that as John may not be back.

Here, from K-Site

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While it is true that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex), Kristin Kreuk (Lana), and Allison Mack (Chloe) are only contracted for seven seasons, it is always possible that they will negotiate for an eighth year. These negotiations could go on for a while, so it's possible we might not even know until late summer who's coming back - if there is even an eighth season (which, considering The CW's ratings in general, seems to be a no-brainer).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tom Welling and John Glover are already contracted for Season 8; it is assumed that Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore, and Laura Vandervoort are also contracted.[/FONT]​

oh, ok. Maybe it's chloe then. Allison isn't contracted for next season yet.

oh, ok. Maybe it's chloe then. Allison isn't contracted for next season yet.

Here's the tricky part, once again from K-Site

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UPDATED 3/5/08: More details, from a source within the studio: Now that Smallville is officially picked up for an eighth season, negotiations will begin with Allison Mack and Michael Rosenbaum, both of whom had contracts which end with Season Seven. No official deals have been signed for them as of yet. Kristin Kreuk will be back for at least part of Season Eight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tom Welling, Aaron Ashmore, Laura Vandervoort, Erica Durance, and John Glover are all still signed and expected to return for the show's eighth year.[/FONT]

It's possible that AM might be killed off, but why would they negotaiate with her now if they already plan to kill her off before next season?

My guess is it's not Chloe or Lionel, and just some other random character that makes many appearances, but I can't of who off the top of my head.

If Allison is contracted for next season, then I'm stumped as to who will die in this episode. How can you die for REAL if you're coming back next season. And I don't want to see some ghost or spirit either.

Maybe its Jor-El

"Descent" could be Lionel's descent back to his old self before the possession messed with his head.

but Jor-El isn't a series regular. Ausiello said a series regular, unless he's wrong.

Maybe its Jor-El

"Descent" could be Lionel's descent back to his old self before the possession messed with his head.

Interesting ... I was actually thinking the opposite where 'Lionel' dies but Jor-El completely takes over him and would possibly stay at the fortress, hence JG is still contracted for next season. Off course, this idea sounds dumb which is why I hope I'm way off on this.

Yeah it would be disapointing since Lionel hasnt really been his true self since midway through Season 4.

I want to see him return to normal and realize the power he has over Clark.

He's committed so many crimes, murders etc but it feels like they just conviniently sweep it all under the rug.

John Schnieder had a contract and they still killed him...just saying.

Interesting ... I was actually thinking the opposite where 'Lionel' dies but Jor-El completely takes over him and would possibly stay at the fortress, hence JG is still contracted for next season. Off course, this idea sounds dumb which is why I hope I'm way off on this.

Actually this is what I've been thinking that they'll do for next season.

I think it might be Lana who dies. Maybe we should take Ausiello literally when he said "no cloning crap this time". Just my guess on it.

So when she does make her apperances in season 8its as what, a ghost?

Man **** Smallville....

I don't who could die for real but still come back next season. I'm going to stop wondering and just enjoy the episode.

They can't kill chloe if there is going to be a season 8. What supporting cast would remain? Nearly all supporting cast have gone. First John, Martha, Pete and now choloe?

The negotiations to get Chloe back on the show for Season 8 make me wonder, I'm skeptical they plan to kill her now.

I really want it to be Lana who dies, since supposedly Kreuk is only part for part of Season 8, but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Every time they kill Lana, they bring her back.

The negotiations to get Chloe back on the show for Season 8 make me wonder, I'm skeptical they plan to kill her now.

I really want it to be Lana who dies, since supposedly Kreuk is only part for part of Season 8, but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Every time they kill Lana, they bring her back.

Yo stop being such a ****ing a hater....:cmad:

Nothing to do with Kristen Kruek, everything to do with how theyve written Lana and her relation to the other characters.

Sometimes I honestly think they write her so bad on purpose for the sake of sensationalism and to get people talking (whether its good things about the character or bad).

Seems to have worked.

Nothing to do with Kristen Kruek, everything to do with how theyve written Lana and her relation to the other characters.

Sometimes I honestly think they write her so bad on purpose for the sake of sensationalism and to get people talking (whether its good things about the character or bad).

Seems to have worked.

They write all the characters inconsistently but shes been ok this season with the whole Isis project thing. Its not like they gave her a witch/pregnancy storyline. People need to let go of that and the writers need to just be consistent with the strong points. Anyway, it doesnt matter now, I dont care if Clark becomes Superman. Theres no wow factor to it. Already seen Superman in the movies just 2 years ago. No Lana, No Lex, no thanks. Die Slow Smallville. Lana Lang 4 life lol. **** all the haters lol.

I didnt like her this season either. Seems as though they just use her as a tool. Her getting played by the Phantom and having sex with him... and that storyline where she got Clark's powers and immediately turned into this leather-wearing psycho... eh, they arent really trying to portray her in the best light so you cant really blame people for disliking the character..

I always get the impression from her Season 7 scenes that shes a bit mentally unstable; thats why she was so oblivious to the Phantom (she was seeing what she wanted to see)..and Lionel hinted that Lana isnt in the best mental condition anymore..

But anyway, Lana was good.. in season one.

I bet its Security Guard #2! lol, Seriously though I think it might just be a wild goose chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"