7.16 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I wonder if the show will actually end with him becoming Superman or leaving Smallville and going off to the Fortress to train.

Al/Miles hinted that Clark would eventually go off to the Fortress to train for 10 years before becoming Supes.

they said ending of smallville will allign with the mythoes of superman

probably in the last scene they will show him going to forterss for trainning and show endes there (this way they can keep no flight no not toght policy and still manage to end the show with superman mythology)

But i why he needs trainning he had power and faced some very tough villians like zod and brianiac

all he needs is to learn to fly and few powers and he is superman and he doesn't require 10 years

OR

last episode will show him in Dialy planet in his bumbling mode (the said they have explantion why people's won't recgnize him as shueperman and they ahve their explantion some will buy it and some won't)

390px-LionelLuthor.jpeg

The scene we have all been waiting for. Lex Luthor's descent to the dark side. We've known it was coming for seven years- since season 1 finale. Seems like time's up. RIP: LIONEL LUTHOR.

How can Lionel die if John is signed on for season 8? Unless Jor-El takes over his body permanantly, but I don't see that happening.

Chloe's returning for Season 8 too; apparently her return was top priority to Al/Miles..

So who's going to die?

Lois....and Jimmy.....working together......?

Nice. :cool:

Huge spoiler!! :wow:

Lex confronts Chloe over having something that he believes she has stolen, and the end result is not very pretty.

source: K-site

maybe she dies in this episode, but comes back to life in season 8, which would explain the death in the episode and her coming back for another season (although not official yet)

Huge spoiler!! :wow:

Lex confronts Chloe over having something that he believes she has stolen, and the end result is not very pretty.

source: K-site

Hope....for Chloe's demise.

I'd love to see Lex kill her.

According to Allison Mack online; Allison personally said this week that she hasnt been asked back.

^ I don't think AlMiles have the guts to kill her off (just yet), but she could end up in coma or paralysed.

maybe she dies in this episode, but comes back to life in season 8, which would explain the death in the episode and her coming back for another season (although not official yet)

But didn't they say there was going to be no coming back from death?

what does chloe do anyway ?????

her stupid scarcsatic comments are getting repitive and her so called healing powers are beyond idiotic

she is juyts overhyped by some fans who consider her "lois"

i really hope it's chloe not lionel who dies and plz no ressurection

and she is not even hot

not to mention chlo'e death will be FINAL nial on clark-lex's freindhsip

This episode is important to me. We have long been told of the changes taking place in this episode and how Smallville is not going to be the same after that. Now we're told that a regular character is dying too and will stay dead. No cheap come back. Plus we know from the "Veritas" trailer that Lana will be paralysed and KK is not coming back for the 5 additional episodes ordered for season 7.

So will the show finally focus on Clark? Or will the teen soap-opera drama be substituted with another?

...because of Kreuk and Rosenbaum leaving/limited episodes. :cwink:
Agreed. If Kreuk and Rosenbaum are leaving, Jones, O'Toole and Shneider have already left and Glover is about to, then there needs to be some familiar face from the beginning of the show.

Please let it be about Lex .

I want to see Lois bring that scumbucket down hard (Pre-SUPERMAN's debut) .

Well Lois made her big entrance to the big leagues with an expose on Lex, so we can hope I suppose!!

her stupid scarcsatic comments are getting repitive and her so called healing powers are beyond idiotic

and she is not even hot

I'm not quite 100% sure, but wouldn't sleeping with the love of his life at the time be sorta a nail in the coffin as much as their friendship is concerned?

and she is not even hot

I agree with everything except for the final nail in the friendship part. I think they're friendship is gone 100%. It left at the start of season 5, IMO.

Ok guys, I was thinking about this episode and I`m seriously curious as to who`s gonna bite the dust.
My money is on Lionel. He`s reached a point in the show where he doesn`t serve much of a purpose anymore, and he`s managed to royally piss Clark off. I know that Jor-El speaks through him at times, but when was the last time that happened?
But than again, there are a few things that hint that Chloe will be the one to say goodbye. Ausiello said that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a series regular — takes his/her last breath. As in dies. For real. No cloning crap this time around."
So we know for a fact that someone will die, and not die and through some miracle be resurrected again, like Choe has done several times now, but plain and simply die and stay dead.
The Kryptonsite spoiler suggest that something real bad will happen to Chloe by the hands of Lex, and the episode IS called Descent, so I`m willing to assume that this is the final episode in which Lex just accepts his destiny as a ruthless business man and offs either his father or Chloe, and the episodes after that will show just how far he`s willing to go to get to the top of the business world, or his goal in general, POWER, basically a preview of his grown up self. They should have just called the episode "Lex finally grows up" lol.
[/FONT]

Chloe's going to get fired from the Daily Planet folks!

...one of our buddies in the U.S. who receives the TV Guide in their mail box should take a look for us to confirm what I just read posted on "K site" by PatientlyWaiting

3/31 TV Guide: Descent (and on...)

Where we left off
"Braniac (James Marsters) returned to battle Clark (Tom Welling). Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) discovered the truth behind Veritas, the group obsessed with Clark that Lex's dad, Lionel (John glover), helped create.

What's next

"For Lex, the secret of Veritas leads him in a dangerous direction that's goin to ultimately put Clark and Lex right in each other's crosshairs," exectutive producer Al Gough says. Lex has Chloe (Allison Mack) fired from the Daily Planet, which only steps up her crusade to expose his crimes.

Death watch
in the April 24 episode, "there's a major power struggle, and one character finally meets their demise," Gough says. And unlike Lana's "death" last season, this one will be for real.

Chloe fired..... :hehe:

It seems we'll see less of Chloe on S8, it was kind of predictable this could happen when Lois started working at the DP, when you have two characters doing the same thing, is kind of repetitive, so TPTB have to make Chloe a freak on S6 and now get her fired, maybe she will work more with Ollie or work on another newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"