8.21 - Injustice - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hey well at least next week's episode is looking good.

shouldnt kara be the savior of kandor? isnt that why she left, to find kandor? supposedly she would take away from clark/lois, but its ok for tess to be the savior? this show has been such a dissappointment. he should be superman already and then we could have had kara in the show becasue it wouldnt take away from anything.

Anyone record the episode ? Watch the end scene with Close Captions

Orb: "Is Kal-el ready to fulfill prophecy?

Tess: "I did ask you asked. The crystal has been destroyed."

Orb: "Then you shall be savior of Kandor"

That is all, I recorded it on my computer so thats my source, feel free to question it! :)

That is all, I recorded it on my computer so thats my source, feel free to question it! :)

Pretty much the gist of it, I always watch it with CC on

Thanks, noob, and welcome! :up:

Do I have enough posts to call someone a noob? :huh:

Wow, this episode wasn't as bad as people are making it. Definately felt like a penulimate episode and set the stage for the finale. It's an okay episode, but there were some great moments throughout:

Things I loved:

-The last scene between Clark and Oliver (God I loved watching Clark putting Olvier in his place. That has to be the best speech Clark has given since "Legion." Killing isn't an option no matter what and only makes the heroes just as bad as the villains like Clark said. Go Superman!:up:

-Tess and Oliver (Just hilarious, especially when he was naked in Tess' bed and Tess was like WTF?)

-Parasite (The actor was underused, but he was good in the role and I lvoed the special effects for his power!)

-The last scene between Clark and Tess (Again, Clark was written so well here and I loved how he quoted Lex to prove his point and Tess was awesome, too)

-Clark and Emil investigating together (Did anyone get flashbacks to Superman: The Animated Series?) I really hope they use him more in Season 9 and won't mind if her replaces Chloe as Clark's technical support!:woot:

-The last scene (WOW!! Was that Zod?:huh: Maybe Eradicator?:wow: Kandor talking to Tess and naming her it's savior...so cool yet so weird)

Things that were pretty bad!:

-The death of Livewire and Neutron (Okay, Neutron didn't even speak and Livewire came off as a whinny brat before they died....in the first 10 minutes...what a waste!!:whatever:)

-The Injustice League storyline in general (After foreshadowing the group in the first half of the season, this was a complete anti-climatic finish!:o 2 members die and the other 2 were barely decent villains! I would have rather the writers would have saved this storyline for next season as it didn't fit with Chlavis/Doomsday dilemma)

-Jessica Parker Kennedy (My god that girl can not act and was just as bad here as she was in "Plastique"...maybe worse?):o

-Tess destoryed the Brainiac crystal? (How? Did the orb do it for her? I'm sorry...huh?:huh:)

It did a pretty good job of setting up the finale which looks awesome, let's hope PS come hard with the goods and give us an epic Clark/Doomsday battle.:word:

Last edited:
Well tom's 4th directing spot was pretty good. I thought he did another stellar job directing. He had some great camera angles and the pacing was pretty good in the scenes. I think if tom doesnt want to act more after smallville's run maybe he should get into directing tv/film.

As for the episode i thought it was a pretty good episode, and nice lead in for the season finale next week. The injustice league members of plastique, parasite, livewire, and neutron was pretty cool. It was a bit disapointing neutron got no speaking role and was killed offscreen, i wonder if their was a scene shot but cut for some reason. Same goes with livewire a bit disapointing that she was killed off also. I was hoping she would have survived to get a solo episode next season. Though the development between parasite and plastique were pretty good.

Also the plan with the shapeshifter was interesting i remember hearing folks mention their was going to be a shapeshifter in the episode as chloe and i didnt really expect that to be happening. sucks she got killed too. But now tess knows pretty much all the details on kal-el she needs to know. But i dont think it will end well for her.

I did like emil hamilton working with clark and getting another good episode expanding his character. I do hope we get a bunch of episodes with him next season. His chemistry with tom was pretty good and they worked well together. Nice to see more team work going on there.

The storyline was pretty good with tess trying to get the injustice gang to go after doomsday to get clark to take him out. But she got over her head and as we saw parasite with clark's power and plastique took her out almost if clark and ollie didnt step in. It was nice twist having clark trick ollie to doing what he wanted him to do, and how ollie got tess's print. I loved how he got out of the situation of tess walking in on him. That was a pretty funny scene.

I liked in the end clark did find out ollie was the one who did the deed and "killed" lex. Boy that scene was pretty intense and clark and ollie's relationship has been on the rocks pretty much since they first met. I wonder how things will turn out with next week's episode.

The scene with tess and clark in his barn was interesting and there goes clark's plan of sending doosmday to the phantom zone. I wonder how things will go down now. As for the final scene with tess in the library with the orb speaking to her i am like wtf is going on there. All i caught is something about her being choosen to be kandor's warrior or something. I cant wait to see what goes down in the finale with that thing. Cant wait to see finale next week. Should be a good episode.

Yeah this episode is definetly better than it sounds around here. Not Fantastic but very good. Tom did a good job directing.

Did wish they did more with Tess's team. Better be used better next season, the potiental is there. I have no idea what the scene at the end of the episode meant. Tess as some savior? does she believe that?

Tess/Oliver/Clark/Emil ran this episode.

I find myself losing interest so often during this show. I get built up for the episode, go strong for ten minutes in and then start caring less and less. This one was nice, but it didn't really do anything for me. Oliver and Tess' dialog was nice, Clark and Oliver's as well and the ending scene.

Let's just hope next week's doesn't disappoint and makes us glad for another season instead of making us unsure.

SPOILER for 8x22!

If they
do the time travel deus ex machina
in 8x22, that could retcon Livewire & Neutron's deaths and leave the Injustice League ready for action in the final showdown/next season.

Last edited:
When Clark finally decided to stop being nice about everything, and put Oliver in his place about some of his actions, I was practically cheering. It was a long time coming.

Clark and Tess final scene was very powerful, if she dies in the finale, I'm really going to miss her character. :(

shouldnt kara be the savior of kandor? isnt that why she left, to find kandor? supposedly she would take away from clark/lois, but its ok for tess to be the savior? this show has been such a dissappointment. he should be superman already and then we could have had kara in the show becasue it wouldnt take away from anything.

Knowing this show they will say she heard the whispers from the orb with superhearing and ran off in the opposite direction like an idiot

When Clark finally decided to stop being nice about everything, and put Oliver in his place about some of his actions, I was practically cheering. It was a long time coming..

Only if you believe Clark is right which I'm not sure he is

I enjoyed it, not sure why people were expecting some big showdown with the Injustice league, when it was more a build-up to the finale, which it should be. They'll probably be back next season, the left the most important ones alive. Why do people like Livewire so much?

They can so easily bring Livewire back which I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I think that was Jor-El at the episodes end. I thought the league was ok Neutron was stupid an pointless though. Clark was excellent all episode, and this set up to what looks to be Smallville's best Season Finale if not episode ever, but we'll see.

okay, i just gotta ask, am i the only one who is hating this whole season...like hating more than the past seasons?

aside from "alien jesus" the writing is terrible and the acting sucks.

never a single fight and they seem to disregard whatever big talk happens at the end of an episode when the next one airs.

clark is a huge idiot
and green arrow, who used to represent the annoyed viewer is getting a bit annoying too.

and for the love of god! kill chloe! she should have died like 8 seasons ago(thats right!)

i still watch the show in hopes that maybe..just maybe they'll have a fight...but goddamnit! i don't know whats worse...their intentional lack of fights or heroes' having fights but not showing them on screen.

so is the rule no fights no tights no flights?

I think that was Jor-El at the episodes end.

I don't think it was Jor-El. Could be Zod (not sure why he would care about the prophecy) or another character in the Phantom Zone.

Was the whole "you are the savior of Kandor" suppose to lead us to believe that the whole city of Kandor is in the Phantom Zone? Did "they" (the orb) not want Doomsday to be in the Phantom Zone for fear of what he could do to them or was it just so that Clark would be forced to deal with Doomsday? If it is the latter, I'm not sure what that has to do with Kandor...

well isn't kandor like a mini city or some ****? maybe they made it tiny to protect it and put it in one of those mini galaxys that sue richards wears on her finger.

there u have it, sue richards is the savior of kandor

okay, i just gotta ask, am i the only one who is hating this whole season...like hating more than the past seasons?

aside from "alien jesus" the writing is terrible and the acting sucks.

never a single fight and they seem to disregard whatever big talk happens at the end of an episode when the next one airs.

clark is a huge idiot
and green arrow, who used to represent the annoyed viewer is getting a bit annoying too.

and for the love of god! kill chloe! she should have died like 8 seasons ago(thats right!)

i still watch the show in hopes that maybe..just maybe they'll have a fight...but goddamnit! i don't know whats worse...their intentional lack of fights or heroes' having fights but not showing them on screen.

so is the rule no fights no tights no flights?

You're probably not the only one not liking the season...but I find it crazy you think it's the worst one. The new producers have done wonders with the quality of the writing, minus a couple of hiccups.

It's been rather fantastic, Clark has been acting like Superman, more major threats, JLA action, and a lead up to Doomsday, Daily Planet, Lane/Kent relationship building like crazy....how in the world can you really be hating this season?

JLA ACTION? u mean the green arrow show they make us watch every week?
doomsday is terrible, davis bloom is a very annoying character and should have been put down by jimmy olsen
lane and kent-gotta hand it to ya there, the two have great chemistry on screen...but thats not enough...i'm tired of the foreshadowing show....
he shouldn't even be working at the freaking planet!!

super lana-grrr
the continued use of pathetic clark...he never does anything other than break into the luthor mansion and lie badly.

smallville needs to look at other scifi/fantasy shows and see how they do things.

its like the just make up the plot as the season goes.

and tess needs to die too!
injustice gang? what 2 freaking people! that got their asses kicked by 2 humans.

maybe if they were in previous episodes(as a team) we'd care more...it was just poorly put together. not as bad as that time lex took mxwydifherui(5th dimension elf) to join his super team that never happened.

Appearantly we watch different shows, nothing wrong with that though. Sorry you've hated the show so much.

eh, no matter, just tv.

i'm surprised people actually watch it to be entertained and not to make fun of like those cult classic movies(the room, evil dead)

glad u got something to watch, its clearly not going anywhere even though they don't have much to tell.

My wife and I don't watch much tv, and I'm a huge Supes fanboy, so I'm loving the different take on the characters myself. I liken it to "Ultimate Superman" or another universe, so I don't get to hot headed over certain decisions like some do.

Between Smallville and Eureka, they are like the only tv we watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"