9.09 - Pandora - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I read your review Triplet. Usually I agree with you, but I got to say, this time I disagree with a lot of it.There's no way that this episode was worse than Roulette.

I also don't really agree with what you said about the acting. Erica really didn't seem uneven to me, I thought she did fine, besides some clunky dialogue she was given, but that's more of a writers thing and they always have clunky dialogue on smallville. As for the Tess death scene, of course she was feeling sorry for herself, she just realized that she made this huge mistake trusting Zod and now she was going to die because of it. And Oliver crying over Tess made sense too, he used to be in love with this women, of course hes going to be upset that shes about to die.

And as for the questions you asked at the beginning of the Review I tried to answer most of them:

When the guy tells Lois the blur is dead he makes a motion with his eyes to the shirt implying its the blurs. Plus the city looks pretty much destroyed, and the blur wouldn't have let that happen if he was still around so of course Lois believes him.

Tess helped Zod get his powers because she believes that a world full of Clarks can save the world. That's all Tess has ever wanted, is to save the Earth. If it takes Zod taking over the world to make sure that people don't destroy the planet so be it, that's why Lois calls her the ultimate Eco-terrorist.

Chloe is arrogant and ego-centric in the present, and always has been. Plus as you said in the review all of this is supposed to take place a year after Doomsday. In this time line Chloe hasn't seen are talked to Clark since he walked out on her, thus in her eyes betraying her. What part of losing your husband, cousin, and best friend wouldn't affect someone in a deep level, and make them cold and emotionless. Plus the whole world has gone to hell, it made sense for Chloe to be like she was.

About Lois not figuring out Clarks secret, this is the same women in the comics that is fooled by a pair of glasses. Plus how is she supposed to just jump to the conclusion that Clark is an alien and has super powers under the yellow sun by the little bit of info she received in the episode. I think it would be more of a stretch for her to have realized Clarks secret. Plus I think after she saw him get kicked through a building and still be alive she had to have known something was up.

About Stuart, Tess just shot him in the back. I never once thought it was a head shot while watching the episode.

When Zod and Alia said destroyed our world, they were speaking from their point of view.They meant their world, the Kandorian world they had made the Earth into. Clark just took it to mean he actually destroyed the Earth in Savior.

And finally as for Alia, I think there's something special about her that has yet to be revealed as to why she still had her powers under a yellow sun.

There is one plothole that hasn't been address yet, that really bothers me. How can Lois work with somebody and not bothered to ask where the hell he has been?!?!?
'
What do you mean? Who is she working with that has disappeared?

yea you guys have some valid points, we will just have to see if these things pan out more with the 13 episodes left.

'
What do you mean? Who is she working with that has disappeared?

Jimmy(or should I say Henry James)

I wasn't talking about this episode, just generally a plothole that annoys me. Chloe tried to explain it to her in the first episode, just after that its like it never happened...

yea they should have made it shown to us that she knows.

Jimmy(or should I say Henry James)

I wasn't talking about this episode, just generally a plothole that annoys me. Chloe tried to explain it to her in the first episode, just after that its like it never happened...

You mean in the future Lois didnt ask about Jimmy. If that's what you mean I think she had other things on her mind.

As to the current timeline and her not asking, apparently, according to Souders, it was discussed in Offscreenville between Lois and Chloe.

You mean in the future Lois didnt ask about Jimmy. If that's what you mean I think she had other things on her mind.

As to the current timeline and her not asking, apparently, according to Souders, it was discussed in Offscreenville between Lois and Chloe.

No, not about Lois flashforward, just a general plot-hole that was bothering me. Really Offscreenville? Its Like they want to erase any memory that Lois ever met Jimmy. Hell she asked about Davis. And Im talking about this in the wrong thread, lol.

Yea i know they handled the whole jimmy/henrey gone thing bad. It would have been nice if it was explained to lois on screen. Hell i would even be down for it to have been shot for savior andn it got cut for time/other reasons.

No, not about Lois flashforward, just a general plot-hole that was bothering me. Really Offscreenville? Its Like they want to erase any memory that Lois ever met Jimmy. Hell she asked about Davis. And Im talking about this in the wrong thread, lol.

In any case that's not exactly a plothole. Its just something that they've glossed over and not covered in a way that perhaps they should.

Did anyone else notice that the actor in the beginning of Pandora was Griff in the season 5 episode "Lexmas"? I know the show has a history of using the same actors in different roles, I just thought this would be an example of that.

yea its been stated before smallville and alot of shows shot in canada love to reuse actors in different roles all the time. I think its due to the amount of actors they have up there in canada's acting union or stuff like that.

yea its been stated before smallville and alot of shows shot in canada love to reuse actors in different roles all the time. I think its due to the amount of actors they have up there in canada's acting union or stuff like that.

Pretty sure there's plenty of Actors in Canada, bud. It's probably more to do with specific actors having contracts with the CW. So they get placed in CW franchised shows whenever they can. Hell, both the dudes who star in that terrible vampire diaries show guest starred on Smallville... There's also been plenty of American actors on Smallville. Don't think you necessarily have to be part of the Canadian actors union to do single episodes of shows...

well both guys were on the show prior to the whole CW thing. I believe its more for vancour based shows like to use the actors up there and some guys do multi roles on the many different shows that are/were shooting there.

I think they tend to use the same actors over and over again because there are probably a limited number of film and tv actors up there.

They have unions up there just like we do down here, and all those productions up there are union. So, I'm sure it's easier to hire someone who already has a union card than someone who doesn't, so their options for actors up there with union cards are definitely finite.

And Vancouver isn't a very big town.

It has less than a million people in it and although their film and tv production industry is big considering their size, it's not the same as LA. It's still a small town in many respects. I think that's one reason why so many actors like it up there. It's a metropolitan city, with a lot of cultural events, plays, music, lots of good restaurants, but acts more like small town...

And any American actors who work up there all already have union cards, either SAG or AFTRA, so it makes it easier too.

And getting work down here as an actor on a major network's show is far easier if you've got a union card than if you don't, so that's not any different either.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there's plenty of Actors in Canada, bud. It's probably more to do with specific actors having contracts with the CW. So they get placed in CW franchised shows whenever they can. Hell, both the dudes who star in that terrible vampire diaries show guest starred on Smallville... There's also been plenty of American actors on Smallville. Don't think you necessarily have to be part of the Canadian actors union to do single episodes of shows...

there's that... but also, when you're considering secondary characters, as opposed to primary, it is certainly cheaper to draw from the local pool, which cuts a lot of room/board costs which might otherwise be paid for import.

It was fun watching the secondary actors on BSG, SG, and SV rotate around the local shows. To see how actors were used by different productions.

The black dude who caught Lois at the beginning was the marine in BSG that got killed by the lawyer with the pen. That was awesome.

Omg, haha! That's hilarious, and I just watched that episode this past weekend (which was wonderful, btw. Had forgotten how good that episode was, and not just for one of the best Roslin moments ever. You know the one. ;)).

I remember when I realized that the actress who played Tory (Rekha Sharma, I believe) was a Smallville hospital doctor. (Delivering the bad news of Clark's death to his parents in "Hidden.")

yea its always fun seeing actors from one show appearing in another and what type of role it is.

Omg, haha! That's hilarious, and I just watched that episode this past weekend (which was wonderful, btw. Had forgotten how good that episode was, and not just for one of the best Roslin moments ever. You know the one. ;)).

I remember when I realized that the actress who played Tory (Rekha Sharma, I believe) was a Smallville hospital doctor. (Delivering the bad news of Clark's death to his parents in "Hidden.")

haha, "i'm coming for all of you".... I was like, that is terrifyingly awesome, or that was 'hot'

I thought this episode was fantastic, this whole seasons been great I dont think theres been a poor episode. Gotta say with the ending I was like WO! where are they going with this? I can't wait to see what happens :D

that is how i feel so far on this season too. No really stinker episodes where i hated the entire thing at all. Sure i may have not liked a few things like stuff that happened in roulette for one but it wasnt all that bad of an episode.

that is how i feel so far on this season too. No really stinker episodes where i hated the entire thing at all. Sure i may have not liked a few things like stuff that happened in roulette for one but it wasnt all that bad of an episode.

Yeah there were a few things in that but in the end he came back as Green Arrow and that was the best thing for me :D

yea the best thing from roulette was to get ollie out of his funk.

Yeah there were a few things in that but in the end he came back as Green Arrow and that was the best thing for me :D

That was an awesome scene, where Clark met him on the rooftop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"