The Dark Knight A Fresh Joker Idea

I just thought of more to add on to what I said for the Dent one:

Have that part occur at the very end of the second film since the third will begin with the trial. End the second film with just the Joker's smile; because Harvey agrees to make his sentence not as bad...thus showing us how decieving the Joker is.

trustyside-kick said:
I just thought of more to add on to what I said for the Dent one:

Have that part occur at the very end of the second film since the third will begin with the trial. End the second film with just the Joker's smile; because Harvey agrees to make his sentence not as bad...thus showing us how decieving the Joker is.
Hmmm...I don't think Harvey would be the kind of lawyer to try to make a lesser sentence for Joker due to a sob story.

I would, however, love the see Harvey Dent just as Harvey in the second movie, as an attorney in the background that Bruce befriends (along with Gordon) in order to get an "in" into the legal system to help his detective work.

Oh I know. I was just saying that could possibly make Harvey hate Joker even more; besides that Goyer said Joker would throw the acid. Just throwing ideas out there.

Yea I know what you mean about the Bat/Gordon/Dent team thing too. I even made a thread about that a few weeks ago. :p

I can see Harvey being played very different ways actually. It has to do with the actors that play him.

My three favorites are Liev, Chris Meloni and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Liev would play the strong, respected lawyer who is good friends with Bruce Wayne and what not - think more of the personality of the BTAS Dent. A very likeable "All-America" man.

Chris Meloni would be a Dent that is not afraid to get his hands dirty and bend the law - but never break it. Think of The Long Halloween Harvey.

Jake Gyllenhaal would add in the factor of his youth and the need to prove himself. He would have a certain swagger about him in public, but would be fairly insecure on the inside - pushing him and pushing him to nail Thorne/Maroni/Joker.

Here is MY Two Face, plain and simple:
demp2.jpg

Aaaaaand, here is my masterful manipulation:
demp3.jpg
What can I say? I rock the Paint program.

StorminNorman said:
I can see Harvey being played very different ways actually. It has to do with the actors that play him.

My three favorites are Liev, Chris Meloni and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Liev would play the strong, respected lawyer who is good friends with Bruce Wayne and what not - think more of the personality of the BTAS Dent. A very likeable "All-America" man.

Chris Meloni would be a Dent that is not afraid to get his hands dirty and bend the law - but never break it. Think of The Long Halloween Harvey.

Jake Gyllenhaal would add in the factor of his youth and the need to prove himself. He would have a certain swagger about him in public, but would be fairly insecure on the inside - pushing him and pushing him to nail Thorne/Maroni/Joker.

Huh, never considered Chris Meloni as a candidate. I like Liev though...don't like Jake though...he just looks too young...that is one of my biggest problems with him being any Bat character. I liked how you mentioned Meloni being the kind of Dent we saw in TLH. That would be cool. But I think Liev could pull off the same kind of Dent too.

AnimeJune said:
Here is MY Two Face, plain and simple:
demp2.jpg

Aaaaaand, here is my masterful manipulation:
demp3.jpg
What can I say? I rock the Paint program.

Hmm...just out of curiousity...do you guys think they will have his scarred side have hair? Or do you guys think they would do the design without hair on that side like Sale's Two-Face.

trustyside-kick said:
Hmm...just out of curiousity...do you guys think they will have his scarred side have hair? Or do you guys think they would do the design without hair on that side like Sale's Two-Face.
Depends entirely on the amount of acid used - practically speaking, I think a criminal would only be able to smuggle a small amount of acid into a courtroom without being caught - so the stuff would mainly attack his face, and the physical trauma would turn the hair on that side of his head white.

But then again, since when are comics (or the movies based on them) practical? :)

trustyside-kick said:
Huh, never considered Chris Meloni as a candidate. I like Liev though...don't like Jake though...he just looks too young...that is one of my biggest problems with him being any Bat character. I liked how you mentioned Meloni being the kind of Dent we saw in TLH. That would be cool. But I think Liev could pull off the same kind of Dent too.

Chris Meloni will kill you if you dont consider him:

I dont think Jake is too young. The average age of a NY D.A. is 28 years old - Jake can easily play that.

Liev can probably play all three of the Harvey's I can picture - but when I think of a "Liev-Harvey" I think option number one.

I love how this turns into a conversation about Harvey Dent. Actually reading what threads are about must be *so* challenging today. Meh. Go on with your useless, spam-drabble.

Yrik said:
I love how this turns into a conversation about Harvey Dent. Actually reading what threads are about must be *so* challenging today. Meh. Go on with your useless, spam-drabble.
I love how some people start a thread that's really all about them, and then expect people to stick to that topic for twelve pages straight.

Oh wait, I actually hate that. I sometimes get "love" and "hate" confused. You know, Yrik, while I'm not personally interested in your "screenplay", it's perfectly acceptable to go into other threads and bring it up, as long as it's (marginally) connected to the conversation.

StorminNorman said:
I dont think Jake is too young. The average age of a NY D.A. is 28 years old - Jake can easily play that.

I don't know...he has too much of a baby face for me to take him seriously as Dent; looks younger than he is. Just like with Adrian Brody being nominated by people for Joker...

Guys, lay off. I was stating an opinion- they make the world go 'round. No point starting a pointless cyber-argument. I have loads more sites to go on where I'm appreciated--no tears are gonna spill if I'm not popular here.

Yrik said:
Guys, lay off. I was stating an opinion- they make the world go 'round. No point starting a pointless cyber-argument. I have loads more sites to go on where I'm appreciated--no tears are gonna spill if I'm not popular here.

What?

Yrik said:

? What are you talking about. We were talking about Joker stuff before..we just recently got slightly off topic..it happens often...don't get all upset about it. Be happy there are replies going on in one of your threads. :p

Yrik said:
That's weird - do I hear violins in the background? Playing Simple Plan's "Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me)" ?

Sadly, I don't know who or what "Simple Plan" is, so any potential insult got lost in translation.

Goodbye. I'm off to go and do more useful things with my time.

I don't get why you are getting so upset with us posting in this thread. You created it..we reply..we are making discussions..we are not even insulting you or anything. What is wrong then? :confused: :eek:

StorminNorman said:
Yrik is no longer invited to my birthday party :(
Than you better give up any hope of finding a "screenplay" in the gift pile!

Norm said:
Yrik is no longer invited to my birthday part:(
He's gonna miss out big time. I hired Paul Bettany to strip.

Ronny Shade said:
He's gonna miss out big time. I hired Paul Bettany to strip.
Wow - Stripping? He must be real down on his luck. I'll stuff a few extra dollar bills into his green-and-purple sequined G-string, you know, for the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"