A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I saw a clip of Rock and Cody talking. That Rock holding the belt thing was so...odd and dumb lol! I am hoping we get Cody vs Rock at Summerslam

Yeah it really didn’t land, and look I get that people love Cody, this is his moment but they’re really starting to stuff him down our throats Cena 2005 style.

He got like the whole first hour dedicated to him, I wanna see if they’ll give Bayley that same energy on Smack Down.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not a Cody guy.. He's always come off as a smug rich kid pretending to be a nice guy because he's desperate to be popular... And he really needs to stop crying every 5 mins... They just announced Cody will also be on Smackdown, gonna have to get used to it I guess... Could be worse but he was never my choice to take down Roman...

Thinking about it more now that Seth, Rock, & Reigns are likely all taking a break & Punk still on the shelf, not alot going on that I'm interested in... Hopefully they do something with Gunther & get McIntyre back on track...

Just heard about what happened at Wrestlemania 40. Sounds pretty crazy, looking forward to watching the highlights.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not a Cody guy.. He's always come off as a smug rich kid pretending to be a nice guy because he's desperate to be popular... And he really needs to stop crying every 5 mins... They just announced Cody will also be on Smackdown, gonna have to get used to it I guess... Could be worse but he was never my choice to take down Roman...

Thinking about it more now that Seth, Rock, & Reigns are likely all taking a break & Punk still on the shelf, not alot going on that I'm interested in... Hopefully they do something with Gunther & get McIntyre back on track...

The bolded… we literally are on the same wavelength. I couldn’t agree more man lol.

As for the product, the only thing hooking me at the moment are the women honestly. I just want to see what they do with Jade, Rhea, Tiffany and Bianca. But yeah when Punk, Seth and Roman come back, I’ll be fully in.

So far, this Raw after mania has been a letdown. Especially to kick off a new era. I like Cody, but that first hour was rough. At least it had some interesting elements, but it could have been cut down to 10-15 mins.

Anyone else notice how much JD McDonaugh looks like Lord Farquaad from the Shrek movies?

Drew calling Damian Priest Bondage Undertaker was hilarious :hehe:

Last edited:
I watched the 1st like 45 mins on Hulu. That entire segment dies when Rock comes out, lol! I am fine with Cody getting his flowers for a good portion of the show. He did end the longest reign since Hulk Hogan, so I think giving that a lot of time and hype is fine. Also fine with teasing Rock vs Cody down the line, but man....the segment itself is just so awkward lol! I will watch the 2nd half when kids take their nap.

John Cena gets his "one match of 2024" out of the way......unless the rumored IASTE Strike shuts down Hollywood again.

I saw an interview with Nick Kahn saying WWE is now more open than ever to working with other wrestling promotions. If somehow they can get Kenny Omega over to WWE, even if it's limited, that would be great.

And as someone who has enjoyed AEW (Stings send off is as good as it could get in AEW) I'm getting a terrible WCW vibe from them lately. Releasing the Punk footage, whether real or fake, idk. Just screems desperate. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see how it is presented, but right now, I'm not liking the vibe.

AEW isn't even giving off the 96/97 when WCW was good vibes. More like 2000s vibes with crap like that

It just looks pathetic and a tad desperate on AEW’s part if they really show the backstage footage. But my thing is, do they even have the legal right to do so?

Jade Cargill is still very raw as a wrestler, but the one advantage the WWE Women's Division has over AEW are the large amount of veterans. She got to work with Naomi, who has been around for 15 years and Bianca Belair, who has wrestled for 8 years.

It just looks pathetic and a tad desperate on AEW’s part if they really show the backstage footage. But my thing is, do they even have the legal right to do so?
Been wondering the same tbh. It makes me think it may be fake, but if it is, then it just looks silly. If it isn't, idk. I guess it will get people talking, especially if it makes Punk look like he is in the wrong.

I really enjoyed AEW for a few years, and tuned in for Omega/Sting even when I wasn't really enjoying the product as much. Things really have spiraled out of control. And since Sting retired & Omega is out, I just haven't been paying much attention. I like Ospreay, so maybe I'll tune in for Bryan Danielson vs Will Ospreay.

I got into AEW for a minute there during the Punk/MJF feud, which is was probably my favorite feud/angle since I came back to watching wrestling but since Punk left & MJF is out I've just lost all interest... They've wasted Bryan Danielson for the most part (which is partly his fault becuz he doesn't want to be in the Title picture).. Never did anything with my guy Malaki Black..

Can't stand Omega/Bucks/Hangman... Couldn't get into the Ospreay/Okada types, don't care for that style.. Haven't been a fan of Jericho since the Y2J era, can't stand him now.. Only AEW original guys that won me over were MJF & to a lesser extent Darby Allen.. I like what they did with Sting for the most part all though I hated his final match.. I don't know, I just don't like Tony's booking style, very little story, no substance, too much indy coordinated nonsense, no selling & high risk fudgery.. Too much bad comedy.. "Dream Matches" with guys I can't invest in because the style is not my thing & there isn't much character development/storyline...

Hoping MJF & Malaki Black go to WWE... Not much else there I care about...

This thing tomorrow with the Wembley footage, it just looks like sour grapes from the Elite & Tony... Pull one last rating out of Punk.. We've already heard both sides of the story & I side with Punk.. Sounds pretty obvious that the Elite never wanted him there & were protecting their meal ticket... They just sound like jealous children to me...

I think if Hobbs was in the e he'd do much better and be developing faster in the ring. So much potential there.

My opinion on the Damien Priest Cash In: It was Drew McIntyre's fault. He could have just walked away after celebrating the title, and he would still have his title. Instead, he taunts CM Punk to the point where Punk attacks him leading to the cash in.

Just finished watching my Hall of Fame/WrestleMania XL/Raw after Mania binge, some thoughts:

HALL OF FAME:
-Paul Heyman's speech was a masterclass in doing promos/induction speeches

WRESTLEMANIA XL:
Favorite matches
-Seth vs Drew, including the CM Punk and Damien Priest bits
-Gunther vs Sami Zayn
-The 2 main events
-The tag team ladder match with Awesome Truth winning

Weird that it really didn't feel like WrestleMania in terms of the overall presentation and appearances by celebrities/former wrestlers.

As for Taker showing up instead of Austin, I would have preferred Austin but my head cannon says Taker showed up because he's the "conscience" of WWE and cannot let another screwjob take place.

RAW AFTER MANIA
-Underwhelming. The only thing interesting about it was the Awesome Truth shenanigans and the continuation of Drew and CM Punk's feud.

All in all, I feel like they still don't know where to take the Paul Levesque era but the path to even greater heights is already being treaded. WrestleMania XLI can't come soon enough (and I hope MJF will be enticed to jump ship)

Last edited:
So they're doing a draft again. Who goes where?

Watch the Bucks do something stupid like just show them backstage doing random stuff or a puppet show rather than the actual footage.

I bet you

I'm going to call this now, one of the guys who walked Bayley out will be a future world champion.

Also Becky Lynch was a Rosebud. I didn't know that until I read her book.

The most shocking news coming from last night on NXT: Ivar wears regular clothes.

Reactions: NDX
SZLig.jpg

SZLiQ.jpg

SZLic.jpg

SZLiW.jpg

SZLiu.jpg

SZLi4.jpg

SZLi8.jpg

SZLi6.jpg

SZLiR.jpg

SZLii.jpg

SZLij.jpg