A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Just to say as well that Ospreay seems well able to dish it out about WWE and what they couldn't offer him, yet gets all offended when Hunter fairly defends his company as a workplace worth coming to.

Tony has lost the plot.

Ospreay apparently doesn't know that Triple H and Stephanie have been married for over 20 years, so of course Triple H is screwing Stephanie. He makes it sound like this is something new.

Ospreay apparently doesn't know that Triple H and Stephanie have been married for over 20 years, so of course Triple H is screwing Stephanie. He makes it sound like this is something new.
Also anybody not looking at Triple H being in that situation with anything less than all encompassing envy is kidding themselves

Also, Tony you were in fear for your life? Over that scuffle? What kind of whimp are you? Though to be fair, as a tiny and spoiled rich brat, he probably never has been in a real fight. I have been in much worse real fights than that scuffle. I was not in fear for my life lol

Also, Tony you were in fear for your life? Over that scuffle? What kind of whimp are you? Though to be fair, as a tiny and spoiled rich brat, he probably never has been in a real fight. I have been in much worse real fights than that scuffle. I was not in fear for my life lol

Seriously, and you're dealing with pro wrestlers, this is not some corporate office job. But you clocked it, Tony's just a pampered punk and Perry obviously wrote a check that his ass couldn't cash.

Same lol. He was probably scared that Punk knocked over his lines :funny:

I can't see this being the downfall of AEW. It will probably take more than that to end AEW.

At this point, I’d totally be onboard with Punk trolling by calling his springboard clothesline, “The Pepsi Lunge”

Can we acknowledge Romans trash talking during the matches? He was great this weekend.

Also I think Judgment Day will be split during the draft and Priest will be the Champion on Smackdown.

I'd also like to see Naomi be the one to defeat Rhea, but in my heart I know it'll be Charlotte as soon as she returns, especially since they've been building to Dominik vs Andrade.

Last edited:
Can we acknowledge Romans trash talking during the matches? He was great this weekend.

Also I think Judgment Day will be split during the draft and Priest will be the Champion on Smackdown.

I'd also like to see Naomi be the one to defeat Rhea, but in my heart I know it'll be Charlotte as soon as she returns, especially since they've been building to Dominik vs Andrade.
Him trash talking after he used Cross Rhodes and Cody kicked out was hilarious

Him trash talking after he used Cross Rhodes and Cody kicked out was hilarious
This was easily one of the best parts of the match. His trash talk was at its height during the match. That's one of the few things I truly enjoyed about his run.

I can't see this being the downfall of AEW. It will probably take more than that to end AEW.

Its the usual beehive talk that goes on since 2019 about how AEW dies while just a few days ago WBD again showed how happy they are with the Relationship etc.
But still, AEW cant afford to keep doing that because even its own fans demand more from AEW.

Its not like the WWE were fans are used to childish stuff, to the company being petty and all.
Its unfair of course, but this is what it means to fight a Monopole.
The WWE trained its viewers so much that not even a horrible sex scandal can make them shake in their boots.

AEW does not have that luxury and has to stop with this petty stuff.
Or at least do this stuff outside of the main show.
You will be judged harsher for the smallest things, so you gotta take the high road or be smarter about it.

The WWE spent their Wrestlemania week with cheap shots towards AEW, which is fine...but AEW wrestlers praising AEW and defending the company...is bad.

The ALL IN footage is nothing in the end.
No win or Loss, it is what it is.

There was no way the footage would have changed anything or that AEW would come out the winner here.
Least of all when on the other side is CM Punk.
That man literally could kick his own dog on camera and people would blame the Dog.

This is the same man that was defended when in the indies several women claimed he made them uncomfortable.
The ROH roster were just jealous when he Left ROH, the various WWE problems backstage were all just him standing up for himself and being the victim.
When he hurled Homophobic slurs at a fan, the fan asked for it.
When he punched the wrong fan, that fan was to blame because he stood too close to punk.
When he threatened to send lawyers to Hangman Page because he gone off script, it was justified.
When he told the bucks to come to his locker room if they have a problem, it was everyone elses fault except his.
When he attacked Perry, it was Perrys fault that Punk lost it and also Tony Khan is to blame because he didnt control the Veteran better.

In the end, everyone made the wrong choices here...there is not one person to blame on this.
Punk was frustrated with things were going because of Perry, Khan and all that...and it lead to this.
Its unfortunate but it happened and decision have been made.

Punk is happy in the WWE, AEW runs just fine...its pointless to go further with this.
Wrestling is becoming more popular again...focus on that.
The two biggest companies run by petty people while wrestling is booming...is insane.
Stop it and focus on elevating Wrestling further.

The difference between WWE and AEW, apart from one is well booked and one is a mess, is that WWE don't waste segments on Raw or Smackdown on lame "shoot" segments, the goofy Bucks wasted nearly 10 minutes just confirming what a guy from another company said happened, this wasn't heat and it wasn't even "exposing" the guy they hate, it was just a pointless waste of time, and then Ospreay came out and spent half of his promo time making corny shoot comments about Triple H, who never mentioned him by name, he could have been talking about Okada or Mercedes, and poor Renee just stood there looking embarrassed, but in fairness she should be used to that given she's married to Mr blood. Even when Ospreay got around to talking about Danielson he dropped the ball.

As for Osprey I'd love to see Triple H cook him on the mic, but the truth is in the eyes of the WWE he's more than likely not even worth mentioning.

I doubt Triple H has time but if he does respond it'll be on social media.

Speaking of Ospreay, near the end of this video Bully talks about AJ Styles, saying something I've been saying for years about Rollins, that they were great athletes but didn't learn to work until they got to WWE, now I'd disagree a bit with AJ as he started to develop in TNA when working with Christian and Angle, but he was saying he'd love to see Omega under that learning tree and learn how to really incorporate his athletic ability, I feel the same with Ospreay, he's a spectacular athlete but his matches look like they're sponsored by PlayStation.

This man is doing three best work of his career.

This angle has taken McIntyre to a whole different level as a personality, the money match has now switched from Seth vs Punk to McIntyre vs Punk, I can see that being one of the main matches at Summerslam.

I honestly couldn't wait for Roman's reign to end lol. That said, however, his trash talk during both Wrestlemania matches was hilarious. "That move don't work on anybody!" After using the Cross-Rhodes had me laughing. As well as when he said "I run a b***h over" or something around those lines lol.

It will be interesting to see how they book him in the future.

The CM Punk footage looks like just how Punk described it, so not sure the reasoning on showing it. Like I said earlier, this is giving 2000s WCW vibes. No sir, I don't like it.

Sounds like Ospreay was told to say that about Triple H, if what I read earlier is true. Tony Khan may end up losing his few remaining stars if he doesn't get it together.

SZTDI.jpg

SZTDd.jpg

SZTDn.jpg

SZTDl.jpg

I'm happy for Priest. Especially as a Bronx kid. Now, you've got the ball. Let's see what you do with it

I can see Priest vs Knight, Priest vs Lashley, and Priest vs Sheamus all being really good and potentially main eventing various ple's. Those are all fresh matches as well.

Now that we have two full time world champions, do both get defended every ple?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"