Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Teelie Jokerface

That was a gang of thugs walking down the street looking for trouble. That is all I saw. I did not see police officers or anyone who had any right to be there doing that.

2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Bob Kroll, head of Minneapolis police union, told an ACLU leader (after a fatal shooting) that he views community complaints against police like fouls in basketball. “He told me, ‘If you’re not getting any fouls, you’re not working hard enough,’”.

Last October, the head of the Minneapolis police union — which days ago warned against a “rush to judgment” of the officers involved in George Floyd’s death — spoke at a Trump rally and praised him for ending the “handcuffing and oppression” of police under Obama.

People wonder how cops get away with operating like this well it is thanks to the backing of guys like Kroll.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  3. Detective Conan Registered

4. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

5. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Is he scared the kid is gonna bop him off the head with her water bottle? :huh:

DarthSkywalker and KRYPTON INC. like this.
  6. Lasirius tarifa

No ****ing excuse

Teelie likes this.
  7. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Zero risk.

8. Teelie Jokerface

The police have an image problem. Pointing weapons at children is not going to improve it. They might want to start thinking about that.

9. Blackman C'mon Son

Here's a good resource for bail funds and where to donate. Sorry if it's been posted before
    List of Bail Funds for Protestors

Don't give the Minneapolis one. They say they're gratefully overwhelmed with donations right now

Marvolo, Teelie, Sithborg and 2 others like this.
  10. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

11. Detective Conan Registered

12. Blackman C'mon Son

It's gonna be harder to prove the 2nd degree murder I hear/think.

13. Detective Conan Registered

14. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

16. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Poor communities would suffer the most from this type of initiative, especially if politicians try to expand this idea nationwide, or at minimum in the big cities. It wouldn't affect the rich who can fund private police forces. The middle-class (what's left of it) will just load up on firearms and ammo, especially after all this chaos makes repealing the Second Amendment even tougher. The poor will be even more vulnerable.

17. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[​IMG]

TheWiseGuy487 and DarthSkywalker like this.
  18. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

If cutting police budgets across the country becomes the norm, then many people will feel more vulnerable, particularly rich and middle-class folks who have a different experience and relationship with the police for various (obvious) reasons. There have also been studies showing how more cops on the street reduces tax on the system by being a significant deterrent to crime with much less arrests. Some poorer communities already lack police manpower as is. Obviously it's up for voters and taxpayers to decide in the places they live, but as a general rule I'm curious how much traction this could get across the country. I'm projecting in terms of where I think this may be heading, but it's clear the optics of cutting funding for the police will please a certain segment of people and play very well.

While the cops may have shown a penchant to abuse their power too often with citizens and protesters, particularly the last week and a half, what they have demonstrated poorly is the ability to protect cities under siege from certain groups people who want to burn them down (A lot stems from inadequate leadership at the top). Reduced police forces will not improve that situation the next time people have a beef with the system. Obviously better training is needed for these situations as well, which could make up the difference. So logically I stated how the wealthy and middle-class would deal with reduced manpower should it become politically motivated.

19. Blackman C'mon Son

Breonna Taylor would've been 27 years old. Here's a few things you can do to help
    Thirty, Flirty + Film (@30flirtyfilm) • Milkshake Website Builder

I know there's a protest in my neighborhood. I'll try to go tonight, but I hear it'll rain so I don't know if it'll be cancelled. If you feel comfortable going you should because unfortunately protests are the only way to be heard. Where a mask if you're going to march, as if you look at most leadership posts about any of the national protests tell you to, or stay in your car (which leadership posts also say you can do).

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  20. Boom I got nothin'

21. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Look at this embarrassment of a response:

Snow Queen likes this.
  22. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

23. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

So let's continue with the horrible structure we have now because racists are going to racist. Cutting the police budgets should mean streamlining and improving the structure of the departments, while also being more selective in the hiring process. PD's are bloated, with poor training and inefficient use of funds. More over, you want to reduce crime making less cops essential? You invest in other areas in the community, which drives down crime. The police don't do that. Helping the poor and low class does that. Funding medical services does that. Fixing the schools does that. Hell building and maintaining local gathering places like youth centers and parks.

Snow Queen likes this.
  24. kvz5 HBIC

“so it doesn’t look like we’re playing favorites”

Well, yes you are, sireee, yes you are...

Teelie, DarthSkywalker and Snow Queen like this.
  25. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

And their favorites just happen to be white supremacists.

[​IMG]

Snow Queen and kvz5 like this.