Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E09 "Ye Who Enter Here"

I got the impression he said 13 to mess with them as one of them laughed after and was like "did you see his face?"

I didn't quite get the Mac thing... at the end, I mean...He's a good guy and all but why did it have to be him? :( I'm glad Bobbi is okay though, I was worried she was gonna get it ... I mean you know, die... :( I don't want her to die.

They wouldn't dare kill Bobbi Morse. She's the only Avenger they've got, which makes her just a little more untouchable than just about everyone else on this show, outside of Coulson, I guess.

Very good episode the show is really hitting on all cylinders now. Next week looks to be epic.

My thought is that Skye will enter the temple and manifest earthquake powers...destroying the entrance to the city in the process.

This would mean that there is an underwater city that can't be reached...you know...unless Marvel ever wanted to introduce a character who lives in an underwater city but wanted to come to the surface world.

I didn't quite get the Mac thing... at the end, I mean...He's a good guy and all but why did it have to be him? :(

Mac's definitely not gone, if for no other reason than there's no way that in 2014 a show decides to off one of its main characters and it's a black guy first. That makes he and Tripp equally as safe as Bobby for the moment ;)

I didn't quite get the Mac thing... at the end, I mean...He's a good guy and all but why did it have to be him? :( I'm glad Bobbi is okay though, I was worried she was gonna get it ... I mean you know, die... :( I don't want her to die.

When the synopsis mentioned a sacrifice I knew it would be Mack. Tripp was off the hit list only because he already took some bullets last week. All the others are either regulars or comic book characters (Bobbi) so they're safe. They should have sacrificed Blood Hunter instead because he's useless.

This episode was a disappointment after a run of great shows. Everything about it was flat. In an episode that should have ramped up the suspense, the writing and direction only managed to tamp down the intensity. A lot of familiar beats were hit -- female-on-female fight, the Bus getting boarded for the hundredth time, racing (slowly) to find a mysterious place, more fistfights -- but it wasn't very exciting. The midseason finale had better deliver on the promised "shocking twists" if the producers want to go into the break on a strong note.

Okay thanks for the assurance... lol...Bobbi is really growing on me as a character just like skye and May are. I really like her if you can tell. Oh and I can't forget Simmons. she reminds me of Jennifer Garner

Another awesome episode but I couldn't help wonder what would have changed had one of them simply shot Ward in the head. They could have still made the trade.

Another awesome episode but I couldn't help wonder what would have changed had one of them simply shot Ward in the head. They could have still made the trade.
The hanging threat was that if any guns went off, they'd shoot the plane down... which apparently was the plan anyway.

When the synopsis mentioned a sacrifice I knew it would be Mack. Tripp was off the hit list only because he already took some bullets last week. All the others are either regulars or comic book characters (Bobbi) so they're safe. They should have sacrificed Blood Hunter instead because he's useless.

This episode was a disappointment after a run of great shows. Everything about it was flat. In an episode that should have ramped up the suspense, the writing and direction only managed to tamp down the intensity. A lot of familiar beats were hit -- female-on-female fight, the Bus getting boarded for the hundredth time, racing (slowly) to find a mysterious place, more fistfights -- but it wasn't very exciting. The midseason finale had better deliver on the promised "shocking twists" if the producers want to go into the break on a strong note.

I'm sorry.....your wrong.far from a disappointment......
Better every episode

Hmmm...this episode overall was more of a step back. There was a lot of teasing with very little payoff.

7/10

Very little pay-off?

We got confirmation on the Kree, an underwater city, seemingly a new take on the Sentry (along with a character possibly being changed forever) and Skye being relocated to meet her dad.

I would agree that the episode felt...rushed...like...they hurried through the filming...but that happens when you're filming episodes while the season is on the air.

Hmmm...this episode overall was more of a step back. There was a lot of teasing with very little payoff.

7/10

Theres not supposed to be a pay off with all that will be reveled next Tuesday

Mac has barely done anything aside from some armchair psychology and playing XBox with Fitz. I hope he sticks around but calling Hunter useless is laughable. At least he's engaged in some actual tradecraft.

Fun fact: In the comics, there was a similar-but-reversed situation with a Kree Sentry. A Mexican Bandit touched a Sentry robot that had been mind-wiped (before being reprogrammed), and his mind then ended up occupying the Sentry's body.

JtI8Ifo.jpg

Mac has barely done anything aside from some armchair psychology and playing XBox with Fitz. I hope he sticks around but calling Hunter useless is laughable. At least he's engaged in some actual tradecraft.
While I agree that Mac doesn't bring much to the table, Hunter doesn't either, imo. He can do the same tradecraft that several others do, and he doesn't seem to have a specific expertise or anything cool that sets him apart. And I find Mac to be more likable than Hunter, if only because of his rapport with Fitz and the fact that he doesn't annoy me with his constant whining, so there's that. He's taking up the field agent screentime I THOUGHT Tripp would be getting this year after earning his keep last season, so he can go anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

I wondered that myself. Was hoping that May would splatter his brain across the cabin and then tell HYDRA to deal with it. Whitehall was so desperate to get Raina that he wouldn't care what happened to Ward. He couldn't carry out the threat to shoot down the plane because that would kill the only person(s) who could enter the temple.

I'm sorry.....your wrong.far from a disappointment......
Better every episode

It was better every episode before last night. Hopefully, the next episode will return to form.

7/10

Agreed.

Blood Lance's "tradecraft" consists of some inept sta!king and bickering with his teammates during missions. May & Bobbi are far better in the field than he is and even Skye kicks more ash. The one thing he does better than anyone else is piss and moan about everything. It might be okay if he added anything unique but he just duplicates other characters' skills, only in a half-assed, annoying manner. He could become tolerable someday, but only if the writers make an effort to flesh him out beyond the abrasive attitude, ex-wife whining and lame beta male posturing.

Eh,I felt if any member was expendable it's Mack.Not that I don't like him,but as has been mentioned,his biggest contribution was as a friend to Fitz.I can kinda see them taking all the props away from Fitz.Poor guy always loses his best friend.(Ward goes evil,Simmons gets distant, now Mack.....:csad:)

As far as Hunter goes,I'm on the fence.He works best in small doses and away from Bobbi.I'm not ready to call for his head,but they should continue to play to his strengths.

So the thing Bobbie has going on the side that Mac knew about and she didn't tell her ex......I think she's working for Stark.

I wondered about this and their look when Coulson said they'd blow the city up.

Also her curiosity about not retrieving the advanced technology.

Hydra would be too obvious/silly for her so Stark is a great call. Could this be laying the groundwork for Civil War? Bobbi aligns with Stark who resumes a Fury-esque opinion on weaponised technology/individuals whereas Coulson is on the Cap side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"