Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E10 "What they become""

Early last season there was some reason to think that might be the direction they were taking her. Especially when you recall how much the very early promo stuff played up the "threat" of Rising Tide and had many convinced that it might be a front for HYDRA. Then when they had her secretly staying in contact with RT, it looked like she might be a double agent. And again, when she infiltrated Quinn's place, it showcased her quick-talking (and apparently shifting allegiances).

When you look at high-profile super-powered female SHIELD agents with dark hair, who grew up in an orphanage and have espionage skills, Jessica Drew is an obvious possibility worth considering...

For my part, I was starting to loose faith in that theory about half-way through the first season, but then they stuck her in that hyperbaric chamber, which looked like another nod to the comics, and I started to gain interest in the theory again.

But once Raina called her parents monsters, that didn't make any sense, so I started to doubt it again; and also once HYDRA was exposed. By the time her dad was revealed at the end of the season, I had pretty much all-but-given up on the idea. But some people latch on to an initial good idea, and then have trouble discounting it when its contradicted.

For me, I don't think I ever viewed it as a viable option this season. I don't think I ever completely discounted the possibility (that's not how I roll), but I saw it as extremely unlikely.

I'm still convinced that Tripp will become Jessica Drew despite all evidence to the contrary (which isn't that much).

I am 496% certain that Whitehall will return, he stole organs from a woman with alien DNA who apparently didn't age so it is almost a guarantee he will regenerate or something.

Similarly I think we'll see Maclachlan Hyde out later in the 2nd half, once he gets another shot at Whitehall.

Whitehall was unceremoniously shot in the back and fell face down. That in itself leaves me to believe that a character that has been driving the main villain chair will come back and get the glorious death he deserves.

I'm fairly certain we'll have a "tag" scene during the second half that'll reveal Whitehall being not quite dead.

I just finished the episode...poor Tripp. :csad:

Overall, I think this was a great mid-season finale. Everything hit all the right marks.

All of these finales were excellent.

I just finished the episode...poor Tripp. :csad:

Overall, I think this was a great mid-season finale. Everything hit all the right marks.

All of these finales were excellent.

I loved the finale, but am SOOOOOO annoyed that I have to wait months for more. Things are taking shape though and AoS is a perfect vehicle to set the stage in MCU. Clearly there has to be a lot of coordination between what they're doing in AoS and the big screen. I'd also love to see some cross over between them. Coulson for sure, but how about Mockingbird, and after the last AoS episode, well, you know who......

I am 496% certain that Whitehall will return, he stole organs from a woman with alien DNA who apparently didn't age so it is almost a guarantee he will regenerate or something.

Similarly I think we'll see Maclachlan Hyde out later in the 2nd half, once he gets another shot at Whitehall.

That's pretty sure considering 100% is, well, completely certain. :woot:

I loved the finale, but am SOOOOOO annoyed that I have to wait months for more.

It seems like Agent Carter is probably gunna have a substantial link to AoS, so I wouldn't fret too hard about the long break :cwink:

So, I gotta ask. When Bobbi and Hunter were out and about the town, doing their espionage thing, and were... avoiding detection... did anyone else hear Natasha's line running through their head: "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

I assume this must be standard SHIELD special ops training.

LOL, just classes full of SHIELD recruits making out, callin' it "Blending into Your Surroundings 101"

LOL, just classes full of SHIELD recruits making out, callin' it "Blending into Your Surroundings 101"
Now it makes sense why Ward was so eager to become Skye's SO...

Do they teach that class at the academy and is it very popular? Are you told to go and pick a partner at random to practise that on?

They should have this class everywhere - universities, places of work etc. Call it professional development.

OyeWmRI.png

Everybody's talking about spines/quills etc. but I think these are actually thorns & Raina will have some sort of plant-based powers in accordance with her flowery theme.

It is possible this has already been suggested. It seems really obvious in retrospect.

Last edited:
Do they teach that class at the academy and is it very popular? Are you told to go and pick a partner at random to practise that on?

They should have this class everywhere - universities, places of work etc. Call it professional development.

Steve Buscemi and John C. Reilly have been trying to get into that class ever since the SHIELD course catalog came out.

OyeWmRI.png

Everybody's talking about spines/quills etc. but I think these are actually thorns & Raina will have some sort of plant-based powers in accordance with her flowery theme.

It is possible this has already been suggested. It seems really obvious in retrospect.
Well, you can also make out rock-like scales on her forehead coming down to her nose

Well, you can also make out rock-like scales on her forehead coming down to her nose
Are those part of her or is that still part of the cocoon that hasn't broken off yet?

Someone should teach this class with all the Marvel women as practice partners. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"