Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E10 "What they become""

I'm not to bothered by Tripp's death. That character really wasn't going anywhere anyway. I don't care for Hunter much but at least he has the subplot with him knowing Bobbi is hiding something and how that'll all play out. All the rest have some sort of subplot they are involved with. Tripp was the logical choice.

Mack doesn't really have much of a subplot either. I don't really count his bromance with Fitz to be significant enough to call a subplot. Also, his possession thing ran its course once Raina and Skye/Daisy (it's weird calling her that now) were in the chamber.

I would have much rather that Mack get killed off than Tripp. Tripp was actually charming and likable. I don't like Mack at all.

I thought there was more to Tripp than Mack.What the bad place has Mack ever done?Really? Tripp at least had some ties to the Howling Commandos that could've been explored.Mack's just gonna go back to playing video games with Fitz.:o

Yeah,I really wanted to see Hyde,too.But,they gotta give us something big for the season finale,don't they?:woot:

Mack doesn't really have much of a subplot either. I don't really count his bromance with Fitz to be significant enough to call a subplot. Also, his possession thing ran its course once Raina and Skye/Daisy (it's weird calling her that now) were in the chamber.

I would have much rather that Mack get killed off than Tripp. Tripp was actually charming and likable. I don't like Mack at all.

Mack's subplot with Fitz still has mileage I think, especially if Fitz decides to use that machine to try and repair his brain. Plus there his subplot with being in on whatever Bobbi is doing as well as his outsider POV on Coulson's wacky shenanigans.

Mac can sympathize with Coulson now after his little experience. Put me in the Mac camp as well, Tripp did nothing for me.

Is anyone else getting tired of them teasing and stringing out Skye's father's eventual turn to Mr. Hyde. I rather expected to see it this episode and it was a significant disappointment when that didn't happen.

Yep. Like I said before, it's almost as if it was due to budget constraints that they couldn't show it, so they cut us off with Coulson shooting Whitehall just when the Doctor was about to transform.

It's a balancing act. They know the crowd wants to see him go Hyde...but they want to save that moment for when it matters. The problem is that it will never matter more than when it comes to him finally getting revenge for what Whitehall has done to his family. It probably should have shown him destroying Whitehall and cut right to Coulson having to fight Mack.

It's a balancing act. They know the crowd wants to see him go Hyde...but they want to save that moment for when it matters. The problem is that it will never matter more than when it comes to him finally getting revenge for what Whitehall has done to his family. It probably should have shown him destroying Whitehall and cut right to Coulson having to fight Mack.

Yeah, I think they robbed the audience of a moment of justice, as well as of course robbing Hyde of the satisfaction of killing Whitehall for the death of Skye's mother. At least Hyde could've transformed, even if Coulson then tried to stop him from going out of control and mutilating Whitehall.

It's like having the big bad at the end of a movie where the hero is supposed to face him, only to find out that someone has already killed off the big bad when you get there. Now of course, Hyde isn't exactly a hero, but here he isn't exactly a villain either. He was wronged for the death of his wife, and there's no indication that Cal would've actually become a villain like the comics Mr Hyde if not for the death of his wife, or that he has any motivation to do so just for the sake of it. He doesn't seem that different here to someone like the Punisher.

I thought there was more to Tripp than Mack.What the bad place has Mack ever done?Really? Tripp at least had some ties to the Howling Commandos that could've been explored.Mack's just gonna go back to playing video games with Fitz.:o

Yeah,I really wanted to see Hyde,too.But,they gotta give us something big for the season finale,don't they?:woot:
Yeah, that was my thinking too.
I loved that tie and how Phil would Geek out when Tripp brought something out. lol

Mack's subplot with Fitz still has mileage I think, especially if Fitz decides to use that machine to try and repair his brain. Plus there his subplot with being in on whatever Bobbi is doing as well as his outsider POV on Coulson's wacky shenanigans.
IF he even needs his brain to be repaired. Mac did collapse after the doors closed on the chamber and the obelisk discharged. Mac might be free of control, but left with an altered body

IF he even needs his brain to be repaired. Mac did collapse after the doors closed on the chamber and the obelisk discharged. Mac might be free of control, but left with an altered body

like sentry?

Maybe his ability to work on machines have been augmented, Forge like, but where would that leave Fitz?

Yeah I can see the "Forge" aspect but wouldn't that be too close to Deathlok

For those of you not familiar with the comics, there are TWO Sentry's.

The oldest is from the 60's a Kree robot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Kree)

The newer a Superman like hero/villian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)

Deathlok so far is only similar in appearance to his comic namesake while Mac can be similar to Forge in the ability to perceive machinery in a different way and create crazy stuff.

Yeah I can see the "Forge" aspect but wouldn't that be too close to Deathlok

For those of you not familiar with the comics, there are TWO Sentry's.

The oldest is from the 60's a Kree robot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Kree)

The newer a Superman like hero/villian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)

You left out Earth Sentry from MC2...whose origin is VERY close to what just happened with Mack.

http://marvel.wikia.com/John_Foster_(Earth-982)

Did this ever get posted?

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/news/fan-hq/12102014-goodbye-trip-bj-britt

youtube version: http://youtu.be/xUIjeayo_7Y

tumblr_ngdx08qMiL1s9h0fco1_500.gif

Hey, this whole show is based around a guy that was brought back from the dead because he received such great fan response and the whole #CoulsonLives movement, so there's always a chance, right, RIGHT?!?!? Yes, I'm in denial :oldrazz:

The casting for Mack is so weird. They cast a dude who looks like Luke Cage to play what is an old white guy in the comics. Does he need to be that jacked to be a mechanic? However, if the plan was for him to be Earth Sentry (probably just called Sentry) then his size would make more sense. Personally, I'm all for a team of Sentry, Quake, Mockingbird, Deathlok, The Cavalry and Hunter.

The casting for Mack is so weird. They cast a dude who looks like Luke Cage to play what is an old white guy in the comics.

Man, every time I watch AOS, I sit there thinking "Why are you wasting the perfect Luke Cage on some minor character?!".

Watched the finale twice now... It gets better (and I get teary) both times.

So, SO great... Though I could've done without
Tripp dying... Talk about wasting that character's potential, though I kind of get that Britt was recurring and maybe his schedule simply couldn't work out beyond these episodes....

That said, with Ming-NA pulling double duty, and Skye not just the main character,
but a canonical Avenger with superpowers
, I'm really pretty thrilled with the Asian rep on this show! And Mack! My dreams of more Mack/Fitz buddy time is still alive!

Kyle MacLachlan KILLED it as Cal. He's just a phenomenal actor!

I haven't read too far back, but is anyone else hoping Raina is Tigra? It could be my impossible got rush on both ladies (Ruth Negga is a wonder and Tigra is boss!) is coloring my opinion, but she'd kill it as Tigra IMO.

I haven't read too far back, but is anyone else hoping Raina is Tigra? It could be my impossible got rush on both ladies (Ruth Negga is a wonder and Tigra is boss!) is coloring my opinion, but she'd kill it as Tigra IMO.

I don't get this at all. Why do people suggest she is Tigra, or even want her as Tigra in the first place? Also, last time I checked, Tigra didn't have spikes come out of her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"