Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E16 - "AfterLife"

Well Cal has been in the place for awhile (days, weeks maybe). It's possible that he didn't originally know that his wife was alive, but that they just reunited offscreen. Admittedly it'd be more interesting if he did know all along (and having such an emotional moment happen and then NOT showing it would be really lame imo).

As for his "revenge on Whitehall" obsession, well I think that the whole "you tortured and mutilated my wife" thing would be incentive enough for him to go after Whitehall, even if she survived. It must have still been an agonizing experience for her, and she apparently has permanent scars as a result of what Dr. Nazi did.

I don't get the uproar over that reference either. I live in Washington and it's legal here. I can't say that's been a good thing, even though I voted for it. We've had a TON of DUIs associated with people driving while high, as well as a bunch of crimes associated with stealing pot. In fact, down the street from my mom's house, which is situated out in the middle of nowhere, there was an old fashioned OK Corral style shootout over a grow some guy had in his backyard. It's become not just a recreation, but its actually now a lifestyle for a lot of people. I just don't get the attraction. I tried it and didn't care for it personally. I would have changed my vote if I could go back, I think the mentality surrounding it is destructive. Every kook, crazy conspiracy theorist, or every loser I run into builds their life around getting high. To me it's no different than legalizing Oxycontin or some other painkiller for recreational use.

people who drink alot or take a lot of drugs are going to do themselves damage, its a fact but prohibition bar in some arab states with full on consequences for law breaking doesn't work anywhere in the western world. Where i am from its illegal but everything you describe has been common for years. Maybe the change is in use of police, courts, prisons and hospitals, making drugs illegal won't stop people taking drugs just means societies resources aren't wasted protecting them from themselves.

Well Cal has been in the place for awhile (days, weeks maybe). It's possible that he didn't originally know that his wife was alive, but that they just reunited offscreen. Admittedly it'd be more interesting if he did know all along (and having such an emotional moment happen and then NOT showing it would be really lame imo).

As for his "revenge on Whitehall" obsession, well I think that the whole "you tortured and mutilated my wife" thing would be incentive enough for him to go after Whitehall, even if she survived. It must have still been an agonizing experience for her, and she apparently has permanent scars as a result of what Dr. Nazi did.

his whitehall obsession is completely justified, that anger would stay with you for decades and maybe be passed on to others. If there is a chance whitehall is still alive his coulson criticism is a little odd though.

This season has really taken a turn for the worst. How is Skye's mother even alive?

She was practically dissected from the inside out.

NuSHIELD storyline just isn't working and nothing about NuSHIELD makes no sense. It's just bad writing. "We're the REAL SHIELD." Umm no you aren't. You're first act was an act of rebellion against SHIELD. You're not transparent. You are not answering to the government, you are only answering to yourselves. You were ticked off because you didn't like the heartless and unfeeling ways of Fury and his ilk and following orders for orders sake that could get innocent people killed. All of this is contrived.

Last edited:
The simple fact that in most states it is still illegal as well as on a federal level. Marvel and particularly ABC have a family friendly reputation. So for them to come out and act like it's no big deal is kind of surprising

I'm pretty sure murder is illegal.,....yet crime dramas exist

Still hoping for the faceplate under his skin to be exposed eventually.

I feel like he'll eventually look like that after being through so many face-damaging battles. :cwink:

Great episode so far. A weed joke in the MCU was a bit unexpected haha. Cal better not screw up Skye's chances

Stark asked Banner if he used a huge bag of weed to stay calm in The Avengers.

This season has really taken a turn for the worst. How is Skye's mother even alive?

She was practically dissected from the inside out.

NuSHIELD storyline just isn't working and nothing about NuSHIELD makes no sense. It's just bad writing. "We're the REAL SHIELD." Umm no you aren't. You're first act was an act of rebellion against SHIELD. You're not transparent. You are not answering to the government, you are only answering to yourselves. You were ticked off because you didn't like the heartless and unfeeling ways of Fury and his ilk and following orders for orders sake that could get innocent people killed. All of this is contrived.

I admit the Skye's mom bit gives me pause. She literally had her organs harvested. And yet she survives this somehow? I mean, I don't have a problem with having Skye's mom in the show (and as an Inhuman no less) but they should have not done such drastic actions to her. It's a "tough sell" that she's alive to say the least.

As for NuSHIELD, I really don't see what's not to like. After the fall of SHIELD,it seems natural for there to be a war of factions over who can be trusted/worthy to lead. The fact that NuSHIELD is somewhat hypocritical doesn't really make them less justified in their own view.

I admit the Skye's mom bit gives me pause. She literally had her organs harvested. And yet she survives this somehow? I mean, I don't have a problem with having Skye's mom in the show (and as an Inhuman no less) but they should have not done such drastic actions to her. It's a "tough sell" that she's alive to say the least.

As for NuSHIELD, I really don't see what's not to like. After the fall of SHIELD,it seems natural for there to be a war of factions over who can be trusted/worthy to lead. The fact that NuSHIELD is somewhat hypocritical doesn't really make them less justified in their own view.

Again none of this really justifies such weak writing.

Apparently the gift of Jiaying is longevity. How does longevity make her re-grow organs from scratch out of thin air?

Not an excuse for such weak writing.

Her powers allowed her to train several generations of Inhumans and de-aged Whitehall. Had her powers just been to stop aging, it wouldn't have healed Whitehall. I would actually say that this one of the plot-twists I like most, where you don't see it coming, but it makes perfect sense in retrospect.

Apparently the gift of Jiaying is longevity. How does longevity make her re-grow organs from scratch out of thin air?

No, Jiaying's gift is Healing Factor, Wolverine's mutant power, which is why I asked why couldn't you guess when you have the character as your avatar. How else did you expect Whitehall to rejuvenate out of experiments made on her body?

No, Jiaying's gift is Healing Factor, Wolverine's mutant power, which is why I asked why couldn't you guess when you have the character as your avatar. How else did you expect Whitehall to rejuvenate out of experiments made on her body?

Since when? No one said she had a healing factor.

they didn't spell it out but when whitehall took her organs and put them in him it was sort of hinted and, then when they dumped her body in a ditch and she popped up last night, that was another hint.

If she has a healing factor, then she should not have scars.

Do you have to every single information crunched beforehand for easy digestion? No, they haven't outright stated it on the show yet, and while I fully expect them to do it when they believe the timing is right I think they've left enough clues for us to conclude that so I don't need to wait for it.

Whitehall harvested her organs and said he took everything from her.

Shouldn't he have noticed that her organs were re-growing themselves from scratch or I don't know something?

There was no indication of a healing factor when he dissected her. He simply cut her open and dissected her insides. There was no automatic healing factor present in the dissection scene.

And yes, in this case I do need the information. This is clearly NOT a Wolverine healing factor and it does not work the same way. I want it explained to me. If they are going to explain Skye's powers and Lincoln's, I want Jiaying's as well.

Deadpool...

Deadpool's scars are a result of his cancer. Deadpool also does not have a natural healing factor. It is an implanted healing factor from Wolverine during a Weapon X lab experiment.

Your point? It's a healing factor, it doesn't matter the origin of the power.

The point is its not the same ****ing thing. So obviously there has to be an explanation for her powers and the fact that she does not have a Wolverine healing factor. It's something different.

Again none of this really justifies such weak writing.

Re: NuSHIELD,I don't see where it's been "weak writing".To me,that's been the most competently handled aspect of the show. You're entitled to your opinion,but that's pretty much all it is. Opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"