Agents of SHIELD - S02E16 - "AfterLife"

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by iambranded, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Fox20 Registered

2. Demileto Registered

What is in her ressurection that you don't believe to be how healing factor works? Is it the organ removal? Why? You don't think Wolverine can reconstruct removed organs in seconds?

3. Lilbaz Registered

I think the explanation for her powers is that she is an Inhuman. From what we can tell her power seems to be long life and healing from grievious injury even death.

It doesn't have to be the same as anyone else's power. Because it is not anyone else's power it is hers. She might even have more that we don't know about. Maybe she can heal others as well. Who knows? Watch and find out.

4. TheVileOne Registered

You are right, it is my opinion. But it is one I will continue to freely share.

Just as your belief that it is handled competently is an opinion as well ;) .

It's fine. We can all disagree. But I am very concerned about the future of the show right now. It seems all the momentum after the first half of season 2 is pretty much gone now. Season 1 did a good job of riding the wave of momentum from Winter Soldier. Season 2 hasn't really had that.

5. TheVileOne Registered

That's something SORT of, but it's not a great answer. If they explain in a thought out manner, then I might forgive it.

6. Lilbaz Registered

7. TheHeatKitchen Registered

As with last season, wait until you see the finished product before being critical. This show, like Whedon's shows, is written for the long haul. Patience. See the full painting before criticizing one corner.

8. Pokkle Registered

Read this : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-chloe-bennet-mother-787182
    Edit: Too late, i don't know how to delete...

9. Lilbaz Registered

Thought last nights episode was good. But the thing is the show can't really afford to lose any more viewers. It might all turn out brilliantly but if viewers give up watching then it wont matter.

The show has had it's problems but I think it is doing a lot better. It still makes a few mistakes here and there and still has room for improvement. But I eagerly await each week to see what happens.

Think it will get another boost from AOU and can't wait to see how that effects the show. It would be nice though if the films could reference something in the show. It could make people interested. Difficult at the moment since Coulson is meant to be dead and Shield disbanded. But would be nice.

10. Mike Murdock Registered

Technically, no one has said anything one way or the other about her ability. They've shown that she stayed the same age and that Whitehall got younger when he thought he discovered the secret to it, but that's it. They didn't explain how she was still young. It appears based on everything to be some kind of healing factor.

Tell that to Peter Patrelli.

11. Chemistro Registered

I'm not sure about that, unless they try to stop her from leaving. Can't she try to walk away?
    But even if they're too high in the mountains or whatever and she needs Gordon, if they tell her that she will not be allowed to leave anymore, then she's been kidnapped, and she'll try to fight her way out, probably trying to force them to tell Gordon to take her back to the US, using force if needed. Then they will have to use force against her too, all the time.

12. Comics Registered

Donate they relying on actors and producers to retcon via interview instead of come up with a credible story arc?

(The article does appease my doubts but it's still weak imo)

13. WhiteWalker Registered

The scene where FitzSimmons were speaking to each other in code was priceless. They were so in tune with each other I hardly noticed. Mack & Bobbi didn't have a clue.

FITZ "I believe in trust"."I'm shocked that you would do this, you knew this would drive me away, you may as well have packed my bags yourself"."You want me to leave, don't you Jemma?"

Pure poetry!!! And notice how his symptoms get submerged whenever they're in sync. To coin a phrase, They played them like a fiddle from hell!!

14. Comics Registered

*So they are relying on actors and....

15. Chemistro Registered

That was my impression. Lilbaz suggested maybe they won't be allowed to leave. That would probably require sedating Skye or something like that. So, it looks very bad. But maybe Coulson will manage to trick Gordon and somehow get a tracker that can be followed by satellite to Afterlife, and then they will fly there on the quinjet.

16. Infinight888 Registered

I doubt seriously they're just relying on the interviews. I expect we're going to see it revealed in the show soon enough. Probably in the next episode.

17. Lilbaz Registered

Skyes mum might explain it in a later episode. Her and Skye are going to have a talk at some point.

Also does make sense that Cal kept on saying he wanted his family back together. Why he wanted her to have powers but didn't care about Raina. It was to get Skyes mothers attention and show he had found their daughter.

18. The Shrike Registered

You're right, if she had a healing factor that was identical to Wolverine's, she wouldn't have those scars. My guess is her healing factor isn't as robust as Wolverine's, and Calvin's ham fisted surgical skills were required to help the process along.

19. The Shrike Registered

I wonder what the elders viewpoint is on rampaging cyborgs.

20. justme Registered

Actually I came to the opposite conclusion. I was wondering if Calvin's surgical operation caused her not to heal properly. Maybe his work ended up hindering her natural healing process. Was it just me or did it seem that she added a scar on her right cheek when she was talking to Calvin that was not there when she talked to Skye? It might just have been angles and lighting.

I also wonder where Fitz is going. I was wondering if he would attempt to contact Fury since he is the only other person who can open the toolbox.

21. Lilbaz Registered

Think it would be the lighting. Doubt they would do the make up film part of a scene then go back to make up put an extra scar on then film the rest of the scene. Possible but seems a bit too much effort for a mistake.

He's going to the airport that much we know.

Am I the only one who thinks Nushield might not be so stupid and might be tailing Fitz in the hope that he leads them to Coulson? They might not know that he has the toolbox though.

22. WhiteWalker Registered

Or maybe he'll figure it out himself. They did say he was the man for the job. You'd think Coulson would have tried to contact Fury if that were An option.

23. Loki882 Registered

Apparently people need things spelled out to them. What her abilities are exactly/what they entail haven't really been explained in detail YET! However, she didn't age AT ALL in over half a century. Her organs completely de-aged/healed Whitehall back to his younger self. It seems pretty obvious that she has healing abilities to me (although perhaps not quite on Wolverine's level since she seemingly has permanent scars).

24. just one thing Registered

wouldn't want to see a 'where is poochy' scene if it came across forced but something we'd get even if passed over the movie fans heads would be cool.

25. just one thing Registered

when he was leaving the play ground you see him getting searched. then in a cute sort of way he walks over to jemma and you see her helping him to put a bag on his back. poetry is right, don't get that symmetry in weak writing.

Think bobbi suspects, bit of a grin on her mouth when jemma gave the loyalty to shield speech. Hope she does if he is being followed, limits the possibility of him being taken to a dark room and with a lump hammer and a pair of pliers being persuaded to open the tool box, which iam sure he could wit stand, the character has courage.