Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!! - Part 1

Hmmm...LoT's pulling a .4, both last week against Olympics and now this week against SG's usual competition. Hopefully they advertise the hell outta SG's return and it does better, but there's a part of me that thinks the CW may have hurt both shows with this weird scheduling.

I don't know....I have a feeling that SG will come back at its normal .5 to .6 and stay with that until the finale. I never thought LoT would come in at the same ratings as SG on Monday nights.....especially in the viewership. It had gone below SG on Tuesday nights with the lead in of The Flash.

Legends has moved too many times. Only Supernatural can stand up to that sort of scheduling.

Legends has moved too many times. Only Supernatural can stand up to that sort of scheduling.

Yeah, I figured Lot would get the brunt of the hurt in this scenario. I don't think it will change that much for Supergirl. Could be wrong but it has been the steadiest of the shows this season. I would have much rather it have steady in the .7's....lol, but steady none the less.

Black Lightning somehow did a little worse this week with a new episode of Flash as a lead-in than it did last time with a repeat of Flash as a lead-in.

CW ratings don't make any damn sense sometimes.

black lightning somehow did a little worse this week with a new episode of flash as a lead-in than it did last time with a repeat of flash as a lead-in.

Cw ratings don't make any damn sense sometimes.

lol

Black Lightning is still settling into its audience.

Black Lightning is still settling into its audience.

I think it's going to end at about .5 -.6...on average...not sure what it would be without The Flash lead in. Might have been higher had it come out earlier as in the Fall. Flash is a fickle fandom, they don't seem to hang for long with other shows....As in don't hang around for the second superhero hour...:cwink:

I'm not sure what Black Lightning was unrounded but it's 0.5 with or without The Flash most recently. The Flash itself came in at a series/season low of 0.7 so I think it's less to do with the viewers not sticking around for the next show and more that not as many tuned in to The Flash in the first place. The BL retention is still the best out of any show placed after it, even Legends but of course, Legends also has far more data points to analyze.

I'm not sure what Black Lightning was unrounded but it's 0.5 with or without The Flash most recently. The Flash itself came in at a series/season low of 0.7 so I think it's less to do with the viewers not sticking around for the next show and more that not as many tuned in to The Flash in the first place. The BL retention is still the best out of any show placed after it, even Legends but of course, Legends also has far more data points to analyze.

At least in the prelims, Black Lighting came in at like a .538 with a repeat Flash lead in and a 0.521 with an original Flash lead in.

Prelims: .5 in the demo, 1.9m total viewers. As I expected, the weird scheduling hurt the average ratings for both shows, as SG was coming off a couple of .6 demos pre-hiatus. Hopefully it will bounce back in the coming weeks.

Not a bad viewership number after coming off the hiatus. Close to the usual 2 million. This is likely why the network had to expand to Sundays.

Prelims: .5 in the demo, 1.9m total viewers. As I expected, the weird scheduling hurt the average ratings for both shows, as SG was coming off a couple of .6 demos pre-hiatus. Hopefully it will bounce back in the coming weeks.

Not a bad viewership number after coming off the hiatus. Close to the usual 2 million. This is likely why the network had to expand to Sundays.

If you look at what Flash has been doing as well as BL and Supernatural, this really isn't that big of a hit.... it did better in viewership than Flash last week and Flash dropped to a .6 a big drop.....and Flash doesn't have near the competition.

AS WELL AS giving iZombie a nice bump as a lead in.

If you look at what Flash has been doing as well as BL and Supernatural, this really isn't that big of a hit.... it did better in viewership than Flash last week and Flash dropped to a .6 a big drop.....and Flash doesn't have near the competition.

AS WELL AS giving iZombie a nice bump as a lead in.
I do think it has a decent chance of bumping back up next week, since the trailer for "In Search of Lost Time" looks A LOT more compelling and actually relevant to the main plot than this one did. Plus it appears to serve two of the most rabid portions of the fanbase: Karamels get to see Mon-El as Valor for the first time, and the Lena/Sam fans get to see some focus on them. Both factions will be hyping it on social media, I'm sure, and it seems like usually when even one of those factions gets major focus, there's a bump. Like when Mon-El returned in "Wake Up" or the Lena-centric "For Good."

I do think it has a decent chance of bumping back up next week, since the trailer for "In Search of Lost Time" looks A LOT more compelling and actually relevant to the main plot than this one did. Plus it appears to serve two of the most rabid portions of the fanbase: Karamels get to see Mon-El as Valor for the first time, and the Lena/Sam fans get to see some focus on them. Both factions will be hyping it on social media, I'm sure, and it seems like usually when even one of those factions gets major focus, there's a bump. Like when Mon-El returned in "Wake Up" or the Lena-centric "For Good."

I agree......and you will have the comic book fans wanting a good look at Mon-el in his suit for sure.

I really just want it to get back to its rightful place in the demo ratings as #2....it is solidly there for viewership.

Of course if there is even a hint that Lena is going evil the Katie stans heads are going to explode.

Dang, Flash was at .6 again, and again Supergirl was ahead of Flash in viewership.

What the heck?

And BL got no bump from it being the finale.

It may end up that all of the on again off again episodes that Flash, Arrow and BL went through may hurt them more than the hiatus hurts Supergirl. No one knows when the heck Flash is a rerun or new.

Well I stopped watching the Flash a couple of months back. It basically became too frustrating to watch. I could understand if the last two seasons were basically Flash's own Arrow season 3 and 4. Shedding viewers.

Having flashbacks in the season finale for Black Lightning wasn't really a good idea as I was expecting something big, something more.

Having flashbacks in the season finale for Black Lightning wasn't really a good idea as I was expecting something big, something more.

That will hurt them on repeat viewings, but it shouldn't have hurt them last night, no one knew that the finale would be like that.

Dang, Flash was at .6 again, and again Supergirl was ahead of Flash in viewership.

What the heck?

And BL got no bump from it being the finale.

It may end up that all of the on again off again episodes that Flash, Arrow and BL went through may hurt them more than the hiatus hurts Supergirl. No one knows when the heck Flash is a rerun or new.
I defiantly think the on/off again hurt the other shows. I think with Flash and Arrow they should've rolled the Olympic break and spring break together. Black Lightning was all over the place because it was the first season with 13 episodes. With Supergirl anyone who did even a cursory internet search knew what was happening and the reason the network gave. It's going to be interesting to see how Supergirl does in late May and June when all the scripted shows on other networks are finished for the season.

Honestly, I didn't even realize last night's Black Lightning was its finale until it aired. That definitely snuck up on me, and yeah, the scheduling for that and The Flash have felt totally random lately.

Ouch @ the ratings for this week.

.4/1.38

That has the lowest for the series. I don't think they promoted the episode well at all here.

The CW’s ratings are tanking all around, mainly because of the free CW app. Main thing is how it stands compared to other CW shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"