Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!! - Part 1

What it really shows is that "Lucifer" has pulled far more audience away from Supergirl than "Gotham" ever did....good move on Fox for switching those shows out.

Some of those will go down though because places like Houston and surrounding areas, ABC put the game on rather than regular programming. We were lucky, usually it is the WB that takes the Texans games when they play on Monday night, it happened last year. This year ABC took it instead.

It goes to show you that Supergirl and Arrow are capable of pulling in these numbers one a regular basis if they put out good stuff like this instead of the usual.

When we get to the Supergirl midseason finale, I want to see how much the show can retain from these numbers.

What it really shows is that "Lucifer" has pulled far more audience away from Supergirl than "Gotham" ever did....good move on Fox for switching those shows out.

Some of those will go down though because places like Houston and surrounding areas, ABC put the game on rather than regular programming. We were lucky, usually it is the WB that takes the Texans games when they play on Monday night, it happened last year. This year ABC took it instead.

I think it was more the crossover than it was Lucifer.

I think it was more the crossover than it was Lucifer.

I understand what you are saying, but I think that there is a good at the least .2 that is going to Lucifer as far as the 18-49 and came over to watch the crossover....the dip in Lucifer is huge.

Lucifer was a repeat.

Aw, gotcha....I didn't notice that. Well, definitely why it had lower ratings then....So they have already had their Fall finale?

Nah, they're back with new eps next week.

At least I'm happy Gotham got away from the CW crossover steamroller. We only have to fight Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Supernatural and Thursday Night Football...

Ratings for crossover and total viewers:

Supergirl -- 0.9__ 2.65 million
Arrow ---- 0.9__ 2.54 million
Flash ----- 0.9__ 2.74 million
Legends -- 0.9__ 2.76 million

Ratings for crossover and total viewers:

Supergirl -- 0.9__ 2.65 million
Arrow ---- 0.9__ 2.54 million
Flash ----- 0.9__ 2.74 million
Legends -- 0.9__ 2.76 million
That's legitimately funny ;-)

So the crossover did basically nothing for Flash. Right at its season average.

Legends had some tough competition with "This Is Us" Fall finale....

You know what? I know it was the finale, but I'm really happy Legends got to be highest rated. I'd really be mad if we lost it. kind of wish we could just bring White Canary by herself over to Supergirl.

Arrow and Legends needed the boost from both Supergirl and Flash. Congrats to Legends scoring the highest.

I understand Supergirl adjusted up to 2.71 million.

Last edited:
Finals aren't in for Tuesday, but looks like they all were about the same, which is good. It is strange that for the most part when the adjustments come in the viewership goes down, as it did with Arrow, but for the past month Supergirls has gone up....just can't seem to get above that .5 in the ratings....

You know what? I know it was the finale, but I'm really happy Legends got to be highest rated. I'd really be mad if we lost it. kind of wish we could just bring White Canary by herself over to Supergirl.

I thought they were all .9 in the ratings?

I would definitely like White Canary there instead of Guardian for sure....

They could switch places.

For it being a crossover, those ratings...while good overall...are very lackluster for it being a crossover. Really shows how many people have left this verse at least as far as live viewing is concerned.

What was last year's crossover ratings in comparison?

Quoting from previous.tv
Last year's crossover (Heroes vs Aliens):
Supergirl increased from 0.9 and 2.6 million viewers to 1.1 and 3.53 million viewers.
The Flash increased from 1.1 and 2.95 million viewers to 1.5 and 4.15 million viewers.
Arrow increased from 0.7 and 1.86 million viewers to 1.3 and 3.55 million viewers.
Legends increased from 0.6 and 1.85 million viewers to 1.2 and 3.39 million viewers

2015 crossover (Intro of Hawks and Vandal Savage):
The Flash's demo stayed the same at 1.4 and viewers increased from 3.46 million to 3.94 million.
Arrow increased from 1.1 and 2.69 million viewers to 1.4 and 3.66 million viewers.

2014 crossover (the first):
The Flash increased from 1.4 and 3.47 million viewers to 1.6 and 4.34 million viewers.
Arrow increased from 0.9 and 2.64 million viewers to 1.4 and 3.92 million viewers.

For it being a crossover, those ratings...while good overall...are very lackluster for it being a crossover. Really shows how many people have left this verse at least as far as live viewing is concerned.
"Live viewing" is the key phrase there. It's just becoming a less and less common thing in general. That's why network TV ratings are down pretty much across the board. And it's not just DVR (Live +7) either, but streaming and the CW App, etc. There's just too many alternative ways to watch a show now. I think fewer people have "left" this 'verse than you suspect, they just don't watch it live so much anymore.

I did expect the Flash to get a slight boost, though, so that's surprising.

BTW, in the finals, the total viewers adjusted up for Supergirl to 2.71 million, while Arrow adjusted down to 2.52 million. Will be interesting to see the Live +7 numbers in a couple weeks.

Looking at shows like Supernatural who are still thriving in live viewers, for me, I still think that this verse has lost a substanstial amount of viewers (minus Flash and for the most part Legends) especially when it comes to Arrow who lost nearly a million viewers within mere months of a season. But I think streaming is still thriving for them so it evens out for the most part.

You are mixing up some terminology here. In terms of ratings, all four shows did the same 0.9. The unrounded finals will not be available for a few more days.

What you are talking about is viewership, which is interesting to talk about but ultimately irrelevant as far as the future prospects of the shows with regards to renewal or cancellation.

Arrow and Legends needed the boost from both Supergirl and Flash. Congrats to Legends scoring the highest.

I understand Supergirl adjusted up to 2.71 million.

Again, viewership is not really all that important here. The ratings are, and in terms of ratings Legends, Supergirl, and Arrow are separated by two hundredths of a point on the season average. The only show that did any "boosting" for the ratings is the Flash, which bumped all three of the other shows up by four tenths over their averages.

Finals aren't in for Tuesday, but looks like they all were about the same, which is good. It is strange that for the most part when the adjustments come in the viewership goes down, as it did with Arrow, but for the past month Supergirls has gone up....just can't seem to get above that .5 in the ratings....
The 8:00 PM hour almost always runs into the 9:00 PM hour on CW by about a minute, so when that is accounted for in the adjustments you see the numbers shift. It happens every night of the week, not just for the comic book shows.

I thought they were all .9 in the ratings?

I would definitely like White Canary there instead of Guardian for sure....

They could switch places.

White Canary is more or less the lead on Legends of Tomorrow, so that's very unlikely. I could see someone else coming over though; the Atom would be a very good fit with the bright tone of Supergirl. Kid Flash is clearly just taking up space on the Flash, so he could be shifted to Legends or Supergirl soon. Speedy/Thea is also spinning her tires on Arrow, having been written out of large parts of the last few seasons to make room for Wild Dog, Mr Terrific, and the new Black Canary.

Looking at shows like Supernatural who are still thriving in live viewers, for me, I still think that this verse has lost a substanstial amount of viewers (minus Flash and for the most part Legends) especially when it comes to Arrow who lost nearly a million viewers within mere months of a season. But I think streaming is still thriving for them so it evens out for the most part.
IMO, the Supernatural comparison is like using country music as a defense when someone says "people don't buy albums anymore," because country fans do. Yeah, there's always that niche that for whatever reason has a fiercely loyal fanbase. You could also use Riverdale, since they got a big boost this season. But those are exceptions, not the rules. The general situation is that across the board, live viewers are going down.

I will agree with you that Arrow's audience has gone down significantly from its heyday, but that's usually how it goes for long-running shows. They peak, maintain that peak for a bit, start slipping, and plateau somewhere down much lower eventually. Even mega-hits like Grey's Anatomy and The Walking Dead have done this. Of course, there are exceptions to that rule too (like GoT).

I expect drops but Arrow losing as many viewers as it did within an actual season between like 2-3 episodes in the middle of a season was drastic.

I look forward to see how much Supergirl will retain for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"