BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 292

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

:cwink:
LEVITIKUZ let it go trust me. Not worth it.

Your why only applies if it is common for movies that fall in the same range as BvS. BvS got out paced by AoU, Avengers, and JW even though they opened to the same amount.

No my 'why' applies if it's a huge fan event movie that is going to have huge preview numbers from early ticket sales, the ones were fans line up and camp and such. I'm not sure JW is that.
Starwars and the first BvS is(I imagine HP7 as well). You find alot of movies with 27mill for midnight and let's see the friday to Sat.

As for AOU, it may not have been as bad but it was very similar.

As for Avengers, yea a monster hit. Clearly BvS isn't that. It's not Avatar either oh well.

He has a career? :o

DarthSkywalker said:
Then why did it do so well on Friday?

Again, they didn't open this on Easter weekend because they thought it would hurt the movie. It was meant to help, which it did.

So Easter boosted it? Yeah, I guess so, considering people did have that day off, and spring break, and such. Ok, I get that. I was just saying that I know that it didn't hurt the film.

Adding to my previous comments about editing this film. How I cut the Wayne murder scene. Start the movie with the Black Zero attack. Set the movie a couple of months after MoS, not 2 years etc.
Now I've put the Superman saving montage right after the BZ event. (with the title card between the BZ attack and Supes scene to break it up a bit).
This works a lot better.

Adding to my previous comments about editing this film. How I cut the Wayne murder scene. Start the movie with the Black Zero attack. Set the movie a couple of months after MoS, not 2 years etc.
Now I've put the Superman saving montage right after the BZ event. (with the title card between the BZ attack and Supes scene to break it up a bit).
This works a lot better.

That sounds like a great big improvement over the theatrical cut, and I really love the movie(but editing and pacing in the first half is one of my biggest issues with it).

Oh Jesus. Again with this. BvS did not have the 4th largest OW in history because FULL STOP. It opened in 66 markets day and date (more than any other CBM). Everyone else staggers their releases. Do you know what that means? China one weekend. UK another. US another. If you want to count best OW totals it's not even top 3 of CBMs let alone movies in general. And that's why it's going to look like such a monumental drop next weekend. And the next. And the next. They blew their load. Cinematic premature ejaculation. All that's left is shriveling, flaccid residuals and steep % drops.

That sounds like a great big improvement over the theatrical cut, and I really love the movie(but editing and pacing in the first half is one of my biggest issues with it).

Thanks! It will be great once the blu ray is released to polish this thing up.

No my 'why' applies if it's a huge fan event movie that is going to have huge preview numbers from early ticket sales, the ones were fans line up and camp and such. I'm not sure JW is that.
Starwars and the first BvS is(I imagine HP7 as well). You find alot of movies with 27mill for midnight and let's see the friday to Sat.

As for AOU, it may not have been as bad but it was very similar.

As for Avengers, yea a monster hit. Clearly BvS isn't that. It's not Avatar either oh well.
AoU was not similar. It made $25m more OW. JW made less in previews but the same Friday, and got bigger over the weekend. HP8 is a good comparison, and yep it fell hard. It also didn't make it $400m domestically. Made up for it in other ways of course.

BvS fell hard in the two biggest markets. The US and China.

This works a lot better.
I like this. A lot.

So Easter boosted it? Yeah, I guess so, considering people did have that day off, and spring break, and such. Ok, I get that. I was just saying that I know that it didn't hurt the film.
Then why get pedantic over what this weekend "is"?

Oh Jesus. Again with this. BvS did not have the 4th largest OW in history because FULL STOP. It opened in 66 markets day and date (more than any other CBM). Everyone else staggers their releases. Do you know what that means? China one weekend. UK another. US another. If you want to count best OW totals it's not even top 3 of CBMs let alone movies in general. And that's why it's going to look like such a monumental drop next weekend. And the next. And the next. They blew their load. Cinematic premature ejaculation. All that's left is shriveling, flaccid residuals and steep % drops.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4171&p=.htm

"As will be the case domestically, how well the film performs next weekend in all these territories will be of vital importance when it comes to determining just how big a hit this will end up being. At this point, it looks as if Batman v Superman will become the 25th film to cross $1+ billion worldwide as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the only film to open with over $158 million domestically and not cross the $1 billion mark worldwide."

Maybe it will drop hugely next weekend in the way you predict, maybe it wont. unless you have a time machine you cant say. It's more what you are hoping than what's set in stone. Please, calm the language and change the tone. you seem very upset.

AoU was not similar. It made $25m more OW. JW made less in previews but the same Friday, and got bigger over the weekend. HP8 is a good comparison, and yep it fell hard. It also didn't make it $400m domestically. Made up for it in other ways of course.

BvS fell hard in the two biggest markets. The US and China.

No point. They don't care about the numbers. At all. Better to just nod and smile and run like hell. It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers up in here. This movie made people lose it.

I like this. A lot.

If more people like this (and if I end up actually getting this edit done.) I might upload it..somewhere. Don't know where exactly.

But anyway, I've only edited up until the bvs "fight" so far and it's already down to 1hr 58 mins.

Maybe it will drop hugely next weekend, maybe it wont. unless you have a time machine you cant say. It's more what you are hoping than what's set in stone. Please, calm the language and change the tone. you seem very upset.

Of course I'm upset. This freaking studio is the only one who lost me money last year. I shoulda sold my stock but noooo I didn't want to miss the Batman and Superman movie that would blow it sky high. And now look at this, mess. This thing ain't even going to hit a billion. Who would have thought that was a possibility even a week ago?

"As will be the case domestically, how well the film performs next weekend in all these territories will be of vital importance when it comes to determining just how big a hit this will end up being. At this point, it looks as if Batman v Superman will become the 25th film to cross $1+ billion worldwide as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the only film to open with over $158 million domestically and not cross the $1 billion mark worldwide."

Maybe it will drop hugely next weekend in the way you predict, maybe it wont. unless you have a time machine you cant say. It's more what you are hoping than what's set in stone. Please, calm the language and change the tone. you seem very upset.

Upset because he put your comments in their place using FACTS?

As much as I didn't need to see the Waynes' murdered for the 7000th time, I have to admit that starting there and then going to the Black Zero event was a nice way to strongly illustrate that Bruce was feeling that same powerlessness all over again as an adult. I was pretty much on board for the first 10 minutes or so, at least the movie felt like it had some focus there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"