BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - Part 306

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cn6bh5uUEAAqYEU.jpg:orig

Damnnnnnnnnn. Mythic as ****. I really dig this trinity.

Reminds me of this
Man_of_Steel-1024x470.jpg

Last edited:
So that's the comic con exclusive poster?

Very Nice. Probably my favorite shot of the trinity. Doesn't look like individual shots stitched together.

His death shouldn't change Batman. His death shouldn't change him.

Why? You state this like it is a fact or some universal truth, and I have no idea why the concept of a death changing someone is so anathema to you.

And it shouldn't start the JL.

Why shouldn't it start the Justice League? A great hero capable of wonders dies, and with an even greater evil on the horizon, why wouldn't the world's gods, metahumans, and other gifted heroes be seen as necessary for what's ahead?

But Lex didn't have to do anything to the public. There were those that feared and hated him already. Lex wasn't relevant.

Of course, people hated and feared Superman already, but what Lex did was magnify and shape that fear and hate into something more powerful and something he could control himself for his own ends. It is the same thing all tyrants do in periods of uncertainty.

And no, I don't think hope can be found through Superman. He can reveal hope that's already there.

Superman gave people hope in heroes. His death gave people a reason to believe that power can be used for good. Power can be selfless. Sure, that could be something most people inherently believe, but that belief can be lost, especially when evil people with power (i.e. Lex) try to take it away from them. Superman's death gave people a reason to believe again or for the first time.

Does anyone think the major problem with BvS is its title? Not Dawn of Justice, we need that; I'm talking about the title Batman v Superman, when the v for versus is more of odds=fight=team up. I still think this, even far back in 2013; wouldn't it make sense if the title was: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

There are some really nice ideas there. Especially with regards to DD sequence. Never realized this, but they completely removed any sense of real danger with all the "unpopulated" comments, and 'everyone's gone home for the day' stuff.

I understand the response to the backlash from the finale of MOS, but instead of "fixing" that by just writing ALL civilians out of the location, they should have done something like what you wrote.
Having to deal with DD making his way to a more populated area, having to actually deal with moving people out of harms way, rather than just saying they already were, etc.

Also, as you mentioned, turns the DD fight into something a bit more resembling the comics.

Also, on the fan re-writing note, someone at my work made a comment after seeing the UE that I thought could have been fantastic.

All but write Luthor out of the first 2 acts of the film. No mention of him in the marketing, etc. The audience goes in to the film with no indication that Luthor will even be in it.

The entire first near 2/3rds of the film is played just as Bruce, and Clark, moving closer to their head to head. Same investigations, etc.
Meanwhile, Lois is still investigating things, and through her we eventually learn that someone has been manipulating them from the start.
Only once they FINALLY come to blows, do we learn the truth, and the big reveal is that Luthor is not only in the movie, but is the puppet master behind it all.

Would have definitely had to have gone with a VERY different portrayal of Lex for this to work. You'd need something like Spacey in Seven. Damn, if it weren't for Superman Returns, Spacey would have been PERFECT in such a film.

Yeah, that could have been effective. I really think they screwed up with the marketing, they just gave up too much. Showing Doomsday, the Wonder Woman reveal (of ALL scenes to show, that was just dumb, it would have been sooo much more effective in theaters if nobody knew WW was even coming), then the Trinity shot, the "Is she with you line", "If man won't kill God, the Devil will do it!" The Knightmare, etc. Like, they should have just went about it like Diana has a smaller, cameo role, and let the appearance of WW in full outfit be a complete shock

You actually think they suck, but accept them anyway.

#haterlogic

Yep you are just deluding yourself and its stockholm syndrome,its beyond the realm of possibility that someone likes a movie I dont like.

Does anyone think the major problem with BvS is its title? Not Dawn of Justice, we need that; I'm talking about the title Batman v Superman, when the v for versus is more of odds=fight=team up. I still think this, even far back in 2013; wouldn't it make sense if the title was: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

Snyder stated the V. instead of vs was because the film wasn't a straight up versus film, but it still suggest Batman and Superman's conflict is the focal point of the film, but it really felt more like just of many plot threads, rather than the plot thread. With that said, Batman/Superman would have been more appropriate.

Why? You state this like it is a fact or some universal truth, and I have no idea why the concept of a death changing someone is so anathema to you.

Why shouldn't it start the Justice League? A great hero capable of wonders dies, and with an even greater evil on the horizon, why wouldn't the world's gods, metahumans, and other gifted heroes be seen as necessary for what's ahead?

Of course, people hated and feared Superman already, but what Lex did was magnify and shape that fear and hate into something more powerful and something he could control himself for his own ends. It is the same thing all tyrants do in periods of uncertainty.

Superman gave people hope in heroes. His death gave people a reason to believe that power can be used for good. Power can be selfless. Sure, that could be something most people inherently believe, but that belief can be lost, especially when evil people with power (i.e. Lex) try to take it away from them. Superman's death gave people a reason to believe again or for the first time.

Yes!
I love the idea of the DOS being the catalyst for forming the Justice League.
Luthor has basically taken out Earths biggest planetary defense by killing Superman. It creates a void that necessitates Bruce and Diana forming the League.

(It's funny, it only really just hit me when writing that above, that Lex basically won in his first encounter with Superman. He killed him with his first attempt, lol.)

Yup, I think the death of Superman works well with setting up the JL. Lex essentially did win. I did love his exchange towards the end with Superman, "I don't know how to lose", "you'll learn". :woot:

much better image than many of the promo posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"