All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the films are been made Aquaman is filming. Shazam starts filming next year.

Others are in pre production. Some will get made some won't. Some will be more successful than others and from that will plans change. That's the movie business for you.

Yet the same studio has no problem doing 3-5 more Harry Potter movies.

I understand that some fans feel that "WB wants to be fluid". I have no problems with them shuffling or adding films and I understand with a lot of the backlash they've received, that maybe there's a wait and see after JL.

But outside of WW2, which makes sense fiscally, it does come off as uncertain and unsure with their products as well.

Yet the same studio has no problem doing 3-5 more Harry Potter movies.

I understand that some fans feel that "WB wants to be fluid". I have no problems with them shuffling or adding films and I understand with a lot of the backlash they've received, that maybe there's a wait and see after JL.

But outside of WW2, which makes sense fiscally, it does come off as uncertain and unsure with their products as well.

But the Harry Potter movies were based off a series of book that they were adapting. It's not comparable.

I get the backlash they've received too. But it's the way Movie studios act with films, it's not exclusive to DC. It's just with DC it's more under the microscope.

I think Harry Potter is a poor comparison. That was a linear story based on a set series of books.

But the Harry Potter movies were based off a series of book that they were adapting. It's not comparable.

I get the backlash they've received too. But it's the way Movie studios act with films, it's not exclusive to DC. It's just with DC it's more under the microscope.
Yeah but other studios don't have 20 or so movies in development for one franchise.

I think Harry Potter is a poor comparison. That was a linear story based on a set series of books.
I think it's comparable because WB greenlit 5 Fantastic Beasts movies.

Again, a linear story. Original, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel. With the DCEU there's an infinite amount of properties they have to juggle around.

Yeah but other studios don't have 20 or so movies in development for one franchise.

But again that's one series of films. With DC films there are way more spin offs and individual character movies. I don't think it is comparable.

I do agree WBs shouldn't be revealing how many films they have in development. They have come off looking a stupid at times. But having that many films in development isn't actually that bizarre. Cause studios are always developing tons of movies, some which never see the light of day. WBs just needs to concentrate on what's next and reveal very little rather than revealing (leaking) all this information.

Again, a linear story. Original, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel. With the DCEU there's an infinite amount of properties they have to juggle around.

I disagree. Regardless if it's a linear story, especially with this Magical Wizarding World where you've had different directors through the original 8 movies, I don't want to say it's easier for the Fantastic Beast movies to move forward.

In the end, I just think WB's problem as I've said in other threads, they don't have the type of division within their Studio to handle dealing with the DCEU.

In the end both series, are their tentpole pictures. Looking at next year it's easy to gamble which movies in WB releases will make the most money. (Lego Movie 2, Aquaman and Fantastic Beasts 2) Dark horse being Ocean's 8 or Tomb Raider.

In the end, I just think WB's problem as I've said in other threads, they don't have the type of division within their Studio to handle dealing with the DCEU.

Welcome to the arguments of four to six years ago. What are you basing this on, exactly? Which division is handling the dozen plus films in development? Are they magically developing themselves?

Welcome to the arguments of four to six years ago. What are you basing this on, exactly? Which division is handling the dozen plus films in development? Are they magically developing themselves?

Exactly, this is when I get annoyed with certain posts. We don't know what's actually happening behind the scenes and studios developing multiple projects at once isn't anything new either.

Last edited:
DC films which is headed by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, are handling all the movies of DCEU. DCEU already has a slate for those who missed it :

Aquaman
Shazam
Batman
SS2
WW2
Batgirl
GLC
JLD
Flashpoint

That is the official slate. They already have dates in place, where these movies will slot in. The rest of the movies are in development, and if the script/director is good, they might get made or they might not.

man Batgirl looks really out of place in that slate.

It doesn't appear that there's a separate studio within WB handling DCEU outside of the WB umbrella.

It doesn't appear that there's a separate studio within WB handling DCEU outside of the WB umbrella.

You said "division within this studio", not "studio".

There has clearly been a division created to develop these films.

DC films which is headed by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, are handling all the movies of DCEU. DCEU already has a slate for those who missed it :

Aquaman
Shazam
Batman
SS2
WW2
Batgirl
GLC
JLD
Flashpoint

That is the official slate. They already have dates in place, where these movies will slot in. The rest of the movies are in development, and if the script/director is good, they might get made or they might not.

Have you got the list of all the release dates for these?

Have you got the list of all the release dates for these?

Well Shazam has a April 2019 release date, and Wonder Woman is in Dec 2019. Since SS2 and The Batman are also supposedly starting production in 2018, so we can assume they will be released in 2019 as well. WB has a date in the summer, and one in Nov. I wouldnt be surprised if SS2 is released in Aug either.

Then you have GLC which has a July 2020 release date. Batgirl has Joss Whedon attached, so we are getting that(possibly in the new Feb 2020 date), you have a April 2020 date for Cyborg, which Flashpoint might replace, and you can have JLD which may come out in the last quarter of the year.

Thats my guess. I think they are not commiting individual projects to dates, so that they dont rush a project to fit a release date.

I don't care what Bruce's "arc" tries to resemble, or what it homages, it doesn't make it a lesser hogwash. Terrible foundation for the character in a cinematic universe.

Yeah I agree. People are really reaching to prove the artistic significance of Batfleck's weak characterization

Yeah I agree. People are really reaching to prove the artistic significance of Batfleck's weak characterization

Let's give you a turn, then. Prove that his characterization is weak and it lacks artistic significance without resorting to a "Not My Batman" defense. If you want to move the discussion to a more specific thread, you can move the discussion to the BvS or Affleck/Batman threads, but it might be okay here since this thread is for general DCEU discussion.

Because superhero movies with female leads are poor box office?
Or because superhero movies with 'Bat' in the title are poor box office?

No, because Batgirl is a Batfamily spin-off and also seems like the smallest scale one.

I have no interest in a Batgirl movie.

The only way I would be if you get a brilliant director with a unique take on the character. Say someone like Refn.

I'm personally more interested in a Batgirl film than the solo Matt Reeves film.

I've seen several different iterations of the Bruce Wayne story, while the idea of a Batgirl /Barbara Gordon film with Whedon involved sounds fresh and interesting .

I'm always attracted to the genre or certain franchises doing something new and creative, which is why I support the concept of elseworld's films.

I'm not the type of fanboy who believes in uniformity across the board, or that these films all have to tell the story in the same way ,and all have to connect with each other.

I'm much more about filmmakers being able to tell the best story possible ,in the way they wish to tell it, while remaining true to the spirit of the characters and mythos.

This is hilarious! What is even more hilarious is that some people on Reddit were thinking it is real. Can't believe the gullibility of some people...

Seriously?? :funny:

Looks like Harley Quinn and Joker is replacing Gotham City Sirens. Not surprising to hear.

http://www.tracking-board.com/whisk...ner-bros-can-do-for-harley-quinn-joker-movie/

That wouldn't surprise me, tbh. I mean I'd love to see both but I do feel we'll get one or the other.

Regardless, he will be a more traditional Batman by the end of JL, whether you liked the journey or not. From there Reeves can take him in any direction he wants.

Affleck said recently didn't he that the Batman audiences see in JL will be a more traditional Batman than the one seen in BvS.

I'm personally more interested in a Batgirl film than the solo Matt Reeves film.

I've seen several different iterations of the Bruce Wayne story, while the idea of a Batgirl /Barbara Gordon film with Whedon involved sounds fresh and interesting .

I'm always attracted to the genre or certain franchises doing something new and creative, which is why I support the concept of elseworld's films.

I'm not the type of fanboy who believes in uniformity across the board, or that these films all have to tell the story in the same way ,and all have to connect with each other.

I'm much more about filmmakers being able to tell the best story possible ,in the way they wish to tell it, while remaining true to the spirit of the characters and mythos.

I'm with you Frodo.
It was two years ago that I was advocating at the SHH boards for a Batgirl film, and predicted that Wonder Woman was going to show the world just how profitable a decidedly un-Disney princess could be.
The DC Superhero Girls line is a billion dollar merchandising gold mine.
Warners should own this. Marvel is finally moving on Captain Marvel- WB and DC should not fumble their advantage.
Batgirl now.
Birds of Prey next.
A Supergirl big screen iteration.
Own this very large- and largely untapped- market, DC.

Personally I think a Batgirl movie has way more potential than JLD or Shazam.

Very disappointed to see that they're bailing on GCS. Much more into that than a "Natural Born Killers" Joker and Harley movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"