All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was telling you guys not to get hopes up. WB just plain suck at marketing and I really think the trailer is more in line with trying to keep this epic and operatic rather than full on heavy action. I've heard that many of the heavy duty action sequences are far from being complete so there's not going to be any showing of those until March

I still find this strange given how ahead of schedule the film seemed to be.
IM3 hasn't even wrapped yet and it's opening before this.

If it's real, I'm glad I read the description just so I don't feel too disappointed when I see that it's mostly a retread of the CC footage (they're REALLY showing their middle finger to the folks who watched the leak if that's the case).

And if it's not, then I got a cool surprise coming. Either way, it's a win/win.

Now, as for Jonathan not giving a damn about the kids... maybe by Friday I'll have a nice self-made explanation for that.

Im glad to see that people here aren't as gullible as they seem to be on that other site and on FB. I mean, seriously? An anonymous person (originating from IMDb forums it seems) sends a trailer description and says ´´It's not fake, you'll see`` and people go ´´Hmm...sounds legit! AWESOME!``. I mean, really? If memory serves me right there was a ton of fake trailer descriptions for the first full length TDKR trailer last year. And the real description came only a day or two before the trailer.

One thing that makes this easy to spot as a fake is that it doesn't mention anything of Zod in way of dialogue. EVERY SINGLE movie of this type had spoken lines by the villains the their first full length trailer. EVERY ONE. At least according to my memory. Joker, Bane, Loki you name it. So Im supposed to believe that the trailer will feature nothing from Zod? Who will no doubt be one of the major selling points and a highlight of the film? BS!

Secondly, Snyder has been saying since the beginning on how he thinks Superman needs to be physical, needs to kick ass how this Superman IS physical and how he wanted to make him beat the s**t out of people. And of course the main selling point of these films is action. The trailer description only mentions flames and a building collapsing. I am not expecting too much of the fight sequences in this trailer but you can bet that there WILL be a clear indication that this Superman is one to kick your ass.

Thirdly, that Pa Kent line? Yeah, not happening, can't see it.

And lastly, Snyder sounded very excited over his ´´crazy`` trailer. This isn't really crazy. Not Snyder crazy anyway.

I also believe that since the trailer will be presented in 3D as well, that they will likely include some crazy action sequences to impress the crowd and get the word out.

Now I only wonder how many of these fake descriptions will we have to endure in the next 6 days. Though I think we might get a real description closer to Friday.

I'm not sure why people think this description is just a re-hash of the CC trailer. Basically the guy describes about 8 new scenes, some with new dialogue and some with new action. More scenes with the Kents. A shot of the spaceship? A shot of a building crumbling? Those could be epic.

Of course they're going to re-use at least half the CC footage. That's a given. Do people really think it's going to be two and half minutes of all new footage? No friggin' way.

And, of course, this could be totally fake. But it's hardly just a re-airing of the CC trailer.

I'm pretty sure it's fake, someone has clearly just added stuff to the Con trailer. I will say that WBs do have a big record of letting us down but Snyder said it was crazy and that description does not sound crazy.

By Thursday they'll be somone claiming to be a movie projectionist having seen the footage and offering another fake description.

I'm not sure why people think this description is just a re-hash of the CC trailer. Basically the guy describes about 8 new scenes, some with new dialogue and some with new action. A shot of the spaceship??? A shot of a building crumbling??? Those could be epic.

Of course they're going to re-use at least half the CC footage. That's a given. Do people really think it's going to be two and half minutes of all new footage? No friggin' way.

I don't think people are expecting no Con footage at all but the the description is basically the Con trailer with stuff in between I think it's fake.

By Thursday they'll be somone claiming to be a movie projectionist having seen the footage and offering another fake description.

Yep happened so many times with Rises and the Man if Steel teaser it's bound to happen.

Well, last year such a person DID post a real description for TDKR trailer on IMDb forums (I think a day or two before it's debut) so it could happen with MOS as well.

Moreover, if one were to approach the god analogy, there is a certain lack of interference seen from higher beings that no one seems to question.

The problem with your comparison is you aren't taking Clark's point of view into account. Clark doesn't consider himself to be a higher being. To him, saving his classmates is no different than me pushing you out of the way of a speeding truck.

For me, Jon's character has never really hinged upon him being selfless.

I've always believed that Jonathan, above all, believed in doing the right thing. Clark did the right thing by saving those kids, and I don't think Jonathan Kent, of all people, should criticize him for that.

I don't think people are expecting no Con footage at all but the the description is basically the Con trailer with stuff in between I think it's fake.
People should expect more than 1/2 of the footage to be CC footage, regardless of this rumor. I'd be happy to just get an HD version of the CC footage to be honest, so any new footage is a plus. I do think people are being unrealistic about the amount of new footage we'll get.

People should expect more than 1/2 of the footage to be CC footage, regardless of this rumor. I'd be happy to just get an HD version of the CC footage to be honest, so any new footage is a plus. I do think people are being unrealistic about the amount of new footage we'll get.

I think you'll be surprised.

Also, another thing that is a safe bet, there will be Krypton featured in the trailer.

I want the con footage in HD too but I think we need something abit more than was in that for the first full trailer also it needs to show abit if the story aswell. I've also said people misread the comment that we were getting new footage they didn't mean no footage that was shown in the con trailer but they meant not that particular trailer.

I still find this strange given how ahead of schedule the film seemed to be.
IM3 hasn't even wrapped yet and it's opening before this.

Yeah, that rumour probably isn't true given that every other time we've heard about Man of Steel was that Zack was working ahead of his production schedule, and he should have been finished by now or next week as his schedules deadline.

He'd have had to have taken a long holiday to fall that far behind.

I don't know what's real or what isn't at this point, but if there's one thing Snyder is never stingy on, it's his trailers. Sucker Punch might have been an awful movie, but the trailer was epic. Trailers for Watchmen and 300 were also visually stunning. I can't imagine the full trailer for MoS to be anything short of fantastic, regardless of what tone they take with it.

For what it's worth, one of the commenters over at CBM said this:

I was an extra in a scene in Chicago where Perry is running from an attacked building. This is 100% true. Can't wait.
Could just be the person faking it. Or it could be coincidence.

But I've seen a lot of things declared fake before that turned out to be true.

I was/am expecting just that, to be honest. There's so much that Con trailer didn't show - Krypton, Zod and Lois stuff - so I was hoping the new trailer would be focusing on that.

Well, keep in mind... most people didn't see the Con footage. And many of us who did only saw it via a crappy bootleg video by some guy who couldn't figure out how to keep his camera focused.

I was/am expecting just that, to be honest. There's so much that Con trailer didn't show - Krypton, Zod and Lois stuff - so I was hoping the new trailer would be focusing on that.
Hoping is one thing. Expecting is another. I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting all new footage.

It's already been stated that it will be all new footage than what was shown at ComiCon.

I don't know what's real or what isn't at this point, but if there's one thing Snyder is never stingy on, it's his trailers. Sucker Punch might have been an awful movie, but the trailer was epic. Trailers for Watchmen and 300 were also visually stunning. I can't imagine the full trailer for MoS to be anything short of fantastic, regardless of what tone they take with it.

Exactly. I mean, I personally wouldn't mind if the trailer was like in the description (minus the Pa Kent line). I wouldn't mind if it was 2/3 CC footage or no fights or whatever. At this point, I'll take what I can get and either way Im sure it's going to be stunning plus it's only 6 months until the movie comes out and we'll be getting more and more news (not like the last 5 months of almost nothing) and a final trailer in 3-4 months time. But Im looking at this realistically, looking at the patterns, at what we know, looking at the big picture and using common sense. And that description is FAKE.

The trailer WILL feature: Krypton, dialogue from Zod, Superman in battle (perhaps not full on but an indication of it anyway), dialogue from Lois and at least 2 big money shots (among the few smaller ones). And you can quote me on that!

Remember, y'all... this is just the FIRST trailer. There will be more.

Remember, y'all... this is just the FIRST trailer. There will be more.

Indeed. But a very important one (more even than the final one). This was the first trailer too:

[YT]aT7lVb1VfH4[/YT]

It really did the trick. Created the hype. Drove the point across.

This on the other hand, didn't:

[YT]f8ZPg8uaoR0[/YT]

The final trailer was much better, but the damage was already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"