All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brainiac, Metallo and Lex all in one breath? I don't buy it.

Ok WTH? I'm I the only one getting that damn Crave ad for the movie MOMA every time I click on a forum or try to reply??? :cmad:

*edit It appears to have stopped just after I wrote this.

Last edited:
Blind-leading-the-blind-1.jpg

lol... the blind leading the blind.

lol... the blind leading the blind.

Well that, and the fact that due to all of these unconfirmed to downright silly theories/spoilers, some of us have gone through this phase as a result:

NcPj4.gif

I will always be dumbfounded towards why people would dislike subtitles. Then again I'm not from USA.

Kryptonian language on Krypton, kryptonian to kryptonian would be cool. Personally though, I think some dialouge, like Jor El talking to Kal through hologram should be in english. I love the dialogue we have heard from Jor El so far and it wouldn't be near as powerful in a made up kryptonian language.

I couldn't resist.. But I don't want to do it again

Everyone really should read the rules here.

From our FAQ -
Violations of Probations and Banning
If you are on probation, you may not post under any account for the amount of days for which you are on probation. Violation of this probation will result in the permanent banning of your ORIGINAL account (permanent loss of entire post count, avatars, etc.,) and an extension of your probation to your NEW name. Continued violation of this rule may result in IP banning. If you are permanent banned, you may not return to Hype. Note: the Administrators and Moderators can tell if you hold more than one account.

I will always be dumbfounded towards why people would dislike subtitles. Then again I'm not from USA.
It always depends on how they are presented. If they are easy to read, me and others with eye problems don't mind them...if they are hard for people with great eyes to read, how do you think the rest of the world likes them.

Well that, and the fact that due to all of these unconfirmed to downright silly theories/spoilers, some of us have gone through this phase as a result:

NcPj4.gif

LOL Urkel's hilarious... I know this phase far too well. :csad:

The superbowl is 2weeks away and we ain't heard nothing about MOS having a superbowl spot.

We haven't heard much about any movies' Superbowl spots at all though.

It was announced that Star Trek Into Darkness will have one about a week ago.

This thread looks like a mess. Glad I'm avoiding it.

Kryptonian language on Krypton, kryptonian to kryptonian would be cool. Personally though, I think some dialouge, like Jor El talking to Kal through hologram should be in english. I love the dialogue we have heard from Jor El so far and it wouldn't be near as powerful in a made up kryptonian language.

Yeah. I imagine a made-up language can really hinder the ability to give a good performance. And you don't hire someone like Russel Crowe to speak gibberish the entire time.

It was announced that Star Trek Into Darkness will have one about a week ago.

Yeah but only because it tied into CES and a new phone app to access during the Super Bowl. Patience grasshopper, that'll still be a cool week for MOS stuff regardless.

I wouldn't mind subtitles at all but we've already heard Jor El speak in the comic con footage and it sounded to me like he was talking to the elders on Krypton (or one body else).

Remember the line

what if a child dreamed of becoming something else other than what society had intended? what if a child aspired to something greater?

I wouldn't mind subtitles at all but we've already heard Jor El speak in the comic con footage and it sounded to me like he was talking to the elders on Krypton (or one body else).

Remember the line

what if a child dreamed of becoming something else other than what society had intended? what if a child aspired to something greater?
Thing is though, how do we know that's actually in the movie though? It almost sounded like something that was used just for the trailer. Know what I mean? I mean, I may be completely wrong, but it's a possibility.

Was literally thinking the same with the other day. Same with the 'one day they will join you in the sun' line from the teaser, which could have just been a nod to the fans (as it's very similar to a line from All Star Superman), but not actually in the movie.

Would they do that though? Have Russell Crowe just speak off a dozen lines for marketing material? I just can't see it.

I think it'll be explained by intel gathered by the scout ship as to Earth's main native language. And those lines will be delivered by the Jor-El hologram ghost AI.

They could even incorporate Brainiac this way as the sentient AI scanning Earth and learning all this. Similar to the New 52 Action Comics #5 (I think) where it goes through Brainiacs thought processes while landing baby Clarks ship. (I loved that by the way, where he described us as apes with atom bombs or something)

Would they do that though? Have Russell Crowe just speak off a dozen lines for marketing material? I just can't see it.

I think it'll be explained by intel gathered by the scout ship as to Earth's main native language. And those lines will be delivered by the Jor-El hologram ghost AI.

They could even incorporate Brainiac this way as the sentient AI scanning Earth and learning all this. Similar to the New 52 Action Comics #5 (I think) where it goes through Brainiacs thought processes while landing baby Clarks ship. (I loved that by the way, where he described us as apes with atom bombs or something)
Well they have been known to shoot trailer specific scenes with different movies, so why not a little dialogue?

Found some of the actual quotes. These are great. This is the Brainiac AI onboard baby kals rocket as it reaches Earth.

'Identified: Yellow G-Class Stellar Source'
'Planetary Gravity 0.20 K'
'98% Oxygen/Nitrogen Atmosphere'
'Scanning Planetary Database'
'Level-3 Proto-Social Primate Tech'
'Apes with Atom Bombs'
'Their imbecilic machines lack voices, opinions or self-direction' (I guess this was before Siri lol)
'Level 10 tools in the hands of tribal warring states: Unthinkable.'

All those are great. I like the explanation that the onboard Brainiac AI on the ship is responsible for finding a suitable planet.

Speaking of Super Bowl, I don't think MOS will be present. Paramount, Universal and Disney have all bought spots on the SB and this has been known for 10 days now. So I doubt WB will be present because it's already sold out and the cost for including it now would be twice as high.

Speaking of Super Bowl, I don't think MOS will be present. Paramount, Universal and Disney have all bought spots on the SB and this has been known for 10 days now. So I doubt WB will be present because it's already sold out and the cost for including it now would be twice as high.

Awww :(

Thing is though, how do we know that's actually in the movie though? It almost sounded like something that was used just for the trailer. Know what I mean? I mean, I may be completely wrong, but it's a possibility.

No I don't think it was just for the con trailer, the way he says it to me sounds like he's talking a group of people. Not like his teaser lines which sounded recorded for the teaser.

I........just want.........something to believe in..........lol

as do we all brother...4 months out and we know so little...I can honestly say I am HAPPY because it builds up the tension/expectations/anxiety we've lost for movies, but at the same time we're so used to knowing SO MUCH about a movie before it is released.

Eh... I hope that thing about
Zod killing Faora
is fake because it sounds so damn cliché... but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"