All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
What threat? The rights issues?

That's over. WB won.

I don't know if its ok to discuss the CC trailer but I just saw a version that is much cleaner (it's the one where you can hear talking the guy that is filming it).
That freaking music form The Thin Red Line makes it so incredibly sentimental, gives me chills...also, I wonder why the cut the "good character or bad character" Pa Kent line in the latest trailer?

I don't know if its ok to discuss the CC trailer but I just saw a version that is much cleaner (it's the one where you can hear talking the guy that is filming it).
That freaking music form The Thin Red Line makes it so incredibly sentimental, gives me chills...also, I wonder why the cut the "good character or bad character" Pa Kent line in the latest trailer?

The CC trailer is so great.
Like it's just ****ing great lol.

Perfectly fine to discuss it.

Just do not post video, pictures, audio, etc. (including links)

I had a dream that I was sitting in a theatre watching a new movie trailer for this.

That CC trailer was terrific, however it was such a letdown that they didnt release something similar in fron of TDKR.

On a side note, while I am ridiculously excited for the movie, and think it will be absolutely terrific, does anyone else not feel the same "magic" surrounding this production as they did with SR? I am not talking about the ultimate qulity of the film. Maybe it is because I was younger and it was the first superman film i had ever followed...

On a side note, while I am ridiculously excited for the movie, and think it will be absolutely terrific, does anyone else not feel the same "magic" surrounding this production as they did with SR? I am not talking about the ultimate qulity of the film. Maybe it is because I was younger and it was the first superman film i had ever followed...

Part of it is because the film is already finished (aside from some post-production tidying up) so there isn't much progress to follow. Another part of it is that there has been no marketing whatsoever since the last trailer.

I had a dream that I was sitting in a theatre watching a new movie trailer for this.

Literally just last night I had a dream my house was right next to the house and field the film crew used as Kent farm. I didn't dream I was watching the film or even in it, I dreamt I was on the set and tried to get a walk on part... I think I'd been going through the early pages of the Photo no discussion thread right before going to sleep.

I know what you mean. But no.

If this was the first Superman movie since Quest for Peace, then I would. The Man of Steel has lost its uniqueness there. But am I looking forward to it? Totally. I trust the cats who told me it worked.

But seriously, it's quite puzzling that it took more than 20 years for the powers that be to make another Superman-movie, even 5-6 years after the CBM-genre proved to be a hit. They must not've believed in it.

But seriously, it's quite puzzling that it took more than 20 years for the powers that be to make another Superman-movie, even 5-6 years after the CBM-genre proved to be a hit. They must not've believed in it.

Maybe because all the ideas between 1987 and 2006 sucked ass and it's sad the best idea in 20 years was Returns

Who thinks the
kiss between supes and Lois
in the comic con trailer looks incredible...

I know what you mean. But no.

If this was the first Superman movie since Quest for Peace, then I would. The Man of Steel has lost its uniqueness there. But am I looking forward to it? Totally. I trust the cats who told me it worked.

i definitely think this movie worked and the product has the magic, I was just referring to the whole pre-production/filming process. Most likely because it was much more secretive.

For a good stretch, the Superman movie rights were never 100% within WB’s control. After Cannon Films’ SIV, the rights reverted back to the Salkinds. Finally, WB reacquired them in the early 90s (producing L&C); and by the mid-to-late 90s they were looking at a new film (Superman Lives). So it wasn’t as if WB didn’t care about the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"