All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been working on Batman-Superman since Summer 2011.
Awesome. I, and alot of others, have been screaming for this to be made first instead of JL, for like forever...........
I want a JL film, but I want it made and set up right.

Last edited:
TBH; prior to the Avengers having been released in theaters, I think people would have been more interested in the idea of seeing Superman and Batman on film together than the 6 heroes that were in "The Avengers", especially since most of them weren't really well known by the general audience.

I love how Marvel was out in full force, pimping their projects on stage at the Oscars.

People keep wondering how WB/DC can set themselves apart from the Avengers, and in my humble opinion, World's Finest is SO the answer. It does so many things in one swipe. By putting the 2 most famous superheroes in the world together, you're instantly matching (or at least approaching) the appeal of a Marvel team-up, and it's not necessarily a rip off of the team-up concept, because it's a pairing, which is different enough. And it's got the contraposition of light and dark going for it thematically, which the Avengers didn't.

It does pose the same complications for a Batman solo franchise that JL did, though. And if it is their version of a MOS sequel, in the sense that it uses characters that MOS2 had to use first (Luthor), then they've lost me. But it beats a copycat effort to make JL any day.

I think it is a no-brainer. Focus on your two biggest most successful characters and run with it.

Awesome. I, and alot of others, have been screaming for this to be made first instead of JL, for like forever...........
I want a JL film, but I want it made and set up right.

I think Worlds Finest is the best way to go, they should have already made it.

Agree with Showtime, WORDS FINEST is sooo the way to go. It wouldn't be as hard to pull off and work on like a JLA film, plus it gives WB more time to work on the JLA script ect

Agree with Showtime, WORDS FINEST is sooo the way to go. It wouldn't be as hard to pull off and work on like a JLA film, plus it gives WB more time to work on the JLA script ect

Worlds Finest leading into JLA. Batman investigating Superman would make sense. The rest of the world is investigating him.

Something like that would make sense yes, and be downright cool. A Superman and Batman team-up is more than enough, and should definitely come before JL.

How did Marvel infest the Oscars?

Something like that would make sense yes, and be downright cool. A Superman and Batman team-up is more than enough, and should definitely come before JL.

How did Marvel infest the Oscars?

I hope they are actually working on that still rather than pushing JLA just to compete with Marvel. You can't compete with Marvel at this point, so do something else.

They presented at the Oscars on stage. Not only did Avengers make an appearance. So did two versions of Captain Kirk.

I hope they are actually working on that still rather than pushing JLA just to compete with Marvel. You can't compete with Marvel at this point, so do something else.

They presented at the Oscars on stage. Not only did Avengers make an appearance. So did two versions of Captain Kirk.

Easy to note that Marvel is now owned by disney who just so happens to own ABC.

DC really should acknowledge this and move on. They had their own good thing going with TDK-trilogy. Now all they have to do is repeat it with MOS. Easy as cake.

I hate the Oscars.

Marvel had to tie-in their origin/introductory movies to Avengers and some of its stories suffered because of it.

WB/DC could flesh out their story lines better and have a slower build up to Justice League. They could have a more natural progression if they do decide to go with World's Finest.

Easy to note that Marvel is now owned by disney who just so happens to own ABC.

They did a great job taking advantage of it.

DC really should acknowledge this and move on. They had their own good thing going with TDK-trilogy. Now all they have to do is repeat it with MOS. Easy as cake.

I hate the Oscars.

It would be a smart move in my opinion to follow Man Of Steel up with a sequel and a Batman/Superman story.

Marvel had to tie-in their origin/introductory movies to Avengers and some of its stories suffered because of it.

WB/DC could flesh out their story lines better and have a slower build up to Justice League. They could have a more natural progression if they do decide to go with World's Finest.

They did suffer for it, but they are now rolling in dough.

Right now, I couldn't care less about a JL movie. I mean that. I much more wanna see MOS make its own incredible movie, with it's own strong spirit - Just like Batman Begins did.

This is where I'm at. Maybe it's because I'm so weary of following every rumor attached to JL, but right now I'm much more interested in MOS and the Batman reboot.

It would be BO gold. Have Joker and Grundy on one side, and Lex and either metallo or Bizarro on the other.
Show Lex and joker meeting up. They have had no luck thus far beating their rivals so they decide to switch cities, ie, Lex to gotham, joker to metropolis.

Imagine seeing Supes going up against a crazy nut like joker, with Grundy being the muscle, or Bruce having to face a villain in Lex that is just as rich and powerful as he is..

So I came across an article from artcenter centered around Jack Foley the dude who plays Pete Ross in MOS and there is a minor story spoiler in there.

Jack Foley, a teen actor whose character in the film bullies a young Clark Kent before the two become friends

http://blogs.artcenter.edu/dottedli...r-educates-the-next-generation-of-filmmakers/

And now I immediately made up a theory in my head that

it's Pete's mom whose son saw what Clark did and that's why they become friends. He realizes Clark could have punched him to the moon every time he bullied him but he didn't, so Pete is ashamed. Pete also then tells he was lying about what he saw. Case closed. :woot:

So I came across an article from artcenter centered around Jack Foley the dude who plays Pete Ross in MOS and there is a minor story spoiler in there.

Jack Foley, a teen actor whose character in the film bullies a young Clark Kent before the two become friends

http://blogs.artcenter.edu/dottedli...r-educates-the-next-generation-of-filmmakers/

And now I immediately made up a theory in my head that

it's Pete's mom whose son saw what Clark did and that's why they become friends. He realizes Clark could have punched him to the moon every time he bullied him but he didn't, so Pete is ashamed. Pete also then tells he was lying about what he saw. Case closed. :woot:

I think you might be right

I can see that.

Guillaume Rocheron won an oscar last night for visiual effects for Life of Pi. He's working on Man of Steel.

I think it's awesome they become friends. They usually resolve bullies using revenge.

Guillaume Rocheron won an oscar last night for visiual effects for Life of Pi. He's working on Man of Steel.

Awesome. I see that he's MPC's VFX supervisor for MOS. So now we got Oscar winning VFX supervisors that worked on MOS (The second being WETA's Joe Letteri)

Yeah. Letteri made it sound like he's working on the Krypton scenes. To be honest I think Weta Digital is a little overated. I like MPC better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"