All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.

I've only seen him in Count of Monte Cristo and in Immortals. Neither are knock your socks off displays of acting, but neither are bad acting either... he gets the job done in both films and I enjoyed his acting in both roles.

It's insane that we haven't got a proper scan of the article yet.

I've only seen him in Count of Monte Cristo and in Immortals. Neither are knock your socks off displays of acting, but neither are bad acting either... he gets the job done in both films and I enjoyed his acting in both roles.
I only watched like two or so episodes of The Tudors but he seemed fine in it. And I thought he was okay in that Fassbender as a zombie nazi movie, Blood Creek. I think that was the name. I don't think he has given a really good performance yet. And I'm not bashing, just telling it like it is.

I honestly never heard of him until he was cast as Supes. Going though his filmography, I've only seen him in Immortals although I wanted to see Whatever Works for a while now. Which is a good thing, I didn't want some known actor to play Superman.

As someone who watched every episode of the Tudors, it is hard to say Cavill is a strong actor. I have also seen quite a few of his film roles and even his Inspector Lynley episodes and unless you were looking, it wouldn't be hard to miss him.

He was pretty good in Whatever Works, for the little role it was. The Tudors and Immortals is definitely the best of him though.

Now that you mention it,I saw Cavill in Count of Monte Cristo too.
He was competent in the role.
But,until now, I had forgotten it was him.
I am sure that he will be fine as Clark/Superman.

I love Immortals, I thought Cavill was great in it. Loved the speech "..and fight for IMMORTALITY!"

Immortals is a lot of fun if you can get past the cheese.

Immortals is great fun because of the cheese...and half naked hot guys.

I cannot judge his performance from Immortals because of Tarsem's super-directing. "Too good, too good you, Tarsem." Spectacular Blu-ray movies.

I love cheese, so long as it is good cheese!

Immortals is great fun because of the cheese...and half naked hot guys.

As a straight male, that doesn't really appeal to me. :oldrazz:

As to the cheese, nah I think it is a bit of a contradiction when you see the combat. It is like watching God of War through Michael Jackson's glasses.

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals but that's only because Luke Evans outshine everyone. That guy was awesome in it.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Evans as Bard in the next Hobbit film :up:

I honestly never heard of him until he was cast as Supes. Going though his filmography, I've only seen him in Immortals although I wanted to see Whatever Works for a while now. Which is a good thing, I didn't want some known actor to play Superman.

I remember a lot of people on here mention him before Routh was cast back in...05 or whatever, but i never understood it until i saw him in costume a year or so ago. Acting wise I'm not seeing much so I'm hoping Snyder brings out the best in him with this.

As a straight male, that doesn't really appeal to me. :oldrazz:

As to the cheese, nah I think it is a bit of a contradiction when you see the combat. It is like watching God of War through Michael Jackson's glasses.
Well there is always Freida Pinto.

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals but that's only because Luke Evans outshine everyone. That guy was awesome in it.
Oh yeah Evans was awesome in the role. I loved hot Zeus.

What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.
I think as the Duke of Suffolk in The Tudors, Stephen in I Capture The Castle and Melot in Tristan & Isolde he was good. Cavill was a solid lesd in Blood Creek and Immortals.

To be honest Cavill hasn't had alot of great roles or been in alot of great movies or televison shows so far. He seems to have average acting skills so far which is fine. Who knows what he could do if given a good script, the right role or good director.

Cavill didn't go to Drama school or started as a child actor so you can see is steady improvement as his got older.

Last edited:

XicHOO8.jpg

iHm35XU.jpg

3sAIMzt.jpg

lZnwDay.jpg

^Thanks. I didn't know how to post the images here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"