All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]455167[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]455001[/split]

3. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

the problem with these April fools joke is they are so outlandish just from the title headline

there is no subtlety or believability

cbm did one one where's waldo directed by nolan for god sakes

4. SuperWig

SuperWig Well-Known Member

I don't get the humor in it

5. echostation

echostation Well-Known Member

At least the film is being better publicized and kept in the news with fake joke news than the owners of the filmic property. The weinasteins

6. mad-sci

mad-sci Well-Known Member

Oh man, change the bloody record, PLEASE!

We get it, you want to see more MOS. and you WILL, I guarantee it. By The beginning of June, the same people complaining about WBs lack of marketing, will STILL be complaining, about too much of the film being spoiled.

Haters gonna hate...

For now, new topic. ANYTHING. I'd take the underwear debate, Amy Adams age, lack of new villains... Please.

7. darknight7.1

darknight7.1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to stay off the forum till tomorrow. That way I can avoid all of this nonsense.

8. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Don't blame you :up:

9. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

It really is rough around here. I don't blame us. We're happy if there's something new. It creates energy and fun discussion. But like I say every week, surely this week will have something.

10. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I here ya, I'm thinking this week we have to get something. Hopefully the character posters

11. Naite22

Naite22 Well-Known Member

What the **** is going on with this film, right now??? WHY is it so damn silent?! It really is about time MOS gives up something huge! Pacific Rim - a movie that comes out over a month later has been spitting out posters like there's no tomorrow! Even KickAss 2! a film that arrives two months later than MOS... Seriously. They're REALLY pushing it. MOS is way too silent. I hope they make a huge splash soon, rather than later.

12. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

You know what makes the wait even more painful? Complaining about it every damn day. Maybe if you focused on what we do have instead of what we don't, you wouldn't feel so much frustration. You're like teenagers looking at the clock every minute waiting for class to end.

13. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

This.

14. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

Well,part of the reason the marketing ramped up for Pacific Rim was The WonderCon preview this weekend.
    I went to The Con but I wasnt going to sit through that preview without knowing for sure there was going to be a MOS trailer.

15. Naite22

Naite22 Well-Known Member

Believe me when I say - I KNEW that so many of you mature reasonable adults would step forward and tell me off. "Get a Life". "Stop Complaining!". "Be happy with what we've got already", etc.. I knew I would be in for hearing this kind of stuff. And I also knew that I wouldn't care, this time around. It has to be said. MOS is WAY too silent! What are you gonna do about it? Complain over me complaining? Seriously, I don't get that they're not promoting this thing more than they are at this point. So there.

16. echostation

echostation Well-Known Member

Allah hu akbar Naite, I agree Allah Hu akbar al akram... you have said it in His name I agree with you brother

17. Project862006

only so many times we can dissect the handcuff pic and a 5 month old trailer lol

i have been rewatching the comic con trailer tho!!!

18. LaserBees

LaserBees Well-Known Member

Yeah don't listen to these guys, you have it right. I followed Superman Returns through production and remember that there was hardly any marketing for that film. I remember being shocked at how little they were releasing. And now for some reason MOS seems to be doing the same. It's as if they think they don't HAVE to promote it, like just being a Superman movie will sell it.

And the thing is, a Superman movie is the kind of thing that I would think would be easy to promote. You don't even have to release big things, just a new picture of him in the suit floating around doing nothing would get a lot of attention. Easy and cheap.

19. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

I think they assume with the combination of the Superman and Nolan names they will be okay .
    Add to that the 3D which SR didnt have and I think that is why WB is so laid back about their marketing.

20. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I absolutely agree the marketing has been way too quiet for MOS so far.

21. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Perhaps they have a trailer so jaw dropping it its action and drama that they are awed to having the confidence that it will carry them to the finish line without further marketing.

22. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

:whatever:

The issue I have isn't specifically with you. It's coming in here everyday and seeing people whine and complain about the same damn thing. Do you know how irritating that is? I wouldn't care if it happened every once in a while, because to be honest, the marketing for the film hasn't exactly been the best, but I'm tired of hearing about it. I would rather have a discussion about the underwear again than to see another person complain about the marketing. I mean...seriously. This is the open discussion thread. We can talk about anything related to Superman. Not just about MOS; but Superman in general. And out of everything there is to talk about, some of you keep coming back to the ****ing marketing? Jesus.

EDIT: I apologize if any of that came off as rude, but it's seriously so irritating.

See above.

23. DarthAlani

DarthAlani Well-Known Member

Everything will be fine. We just have to wait a little longer.

24. Project862006

25. sup101

sup101 Well-Known Member

The marketing talk is irritating.Wb not listening to a word we say anyways, so it's a waste of breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.