All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it seems like the marketing is going to pick up now... Move aside, Pacific Rim, it's the MOS's turn!

Judging from what the source described, the final trailer isn't heavy on the action scenes. It sounds more story-orientated.

I think we will get more shots of Zod and action though, but yes, looks to be story-oriented once again.

I predicted as much not long ago. If true it's a bit of a gamble on WB's part, but then again they seem to be doing quite a bit of that with their strategy. Hopefully it works out for the best. Although I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't see even a glimpse of Superman kicking ass. Gotta draw the kids and the action loving crowd AND gotta show people that is a very different Superman than they've seen before. We'll see...

I think we will get more shots of Zod and action though, but yes, looks to be story-oriented once again.

That's the only aspect that bugged me. No dialogue from Zod and limited shots of him in the trailer again.

The TV spots will likely have more action

I hope the trailer is a 3:20 long slow-mo shot of Superman walking with handcuffs on, while Sarah Mclachlan's Angel song plays in the background, with just a split second shot of Zod, so people know he's in this movie.

Also, as far as money shots go, this film is supposed to be full of them so two or three in the trailer shouldn't really spoil anything. Just have Superman use his heat vision or have him punch a robot and it's already enough to WOW the audience who've never seen Superman do anything remotely similar. Heck knowing Snyder they could save the biggest money shots for the film and still make a kick ass trailer using the ´´lesser`` ones.

Also, as far as money shots go, this film is supposed to be full of them so two or three in the trailer shouldn't really spoil anything. Just have Superman use his heat vision or have him punch a robot and it's already enough to WOW the audience who've never seen Superman do anything remotely similar. Heck knowing Snyder they could save the biggest money shots for the film and still make a kick ass trailer using the ´´lesser`` ones.

Agreed:woot:

Judging from what the source described, the final trailer isn't heavy on the action scenes. It sounds more story-orientated.

Clark's childhood can be a big selling point. It gives off relatability.

I think it would be cool to get maybe like a last second shot in the trailer of Supes looking like he's getting angry and his eyes heating up or getting red. Like puffing his chest getting angrily ready to blast someone with his heat vision. Then end the trailer right before he unloads!!

The wait for this movie is pure hell

If you don't wanna see money shots don't watch them, I usually don't. I for one am hoping for a big exciting trailer that says shed your apathy towards this character and property.

The wait for this movie is pure hell

Agreed
jack_sad.gif

CapedWonder didn't have any specifics about action shots in the trailer and really, there's nothing stopping WB releasing a balls-to-the-wall action trailer later next month with The Hangover or something.

As long as they didn't ´´trim back`` the heat vision I'm game! :D

If you don't wanna see money shots don't watch them, I usually don't. I for one am hoping for a big exciting trailer that says shed your apathy towards this character and property.
Agreed. The trailer is not for us anyway, we're already sold. Its for convincing the public, so I hope its a blend of story and seat hugging action ( heavy on the action )

CapedWonder didn't have any specifics about action shots in the trailer and really, there's nothing stopping WB releasing a balls-to-the-wall action trailer later next month with The Hangover or something.

I think people expecting some huge action trailer are (probably) going to be disappointed. If the last trailer was poorly received then maybe. But since it was pretty well received they will probably continue in that light, just like that trailer was mostly the comic-con one due to no doubt how well it went down there.

I am not expecting WB to do a complete 360 on that, perhaps in fear that they might turn off the people who loved the first trailer. But they are in this for the money so they do need to draw in ´´the other`` crowd. That's why a balance between a story and action heavy trailer is probably what we're getting, and that's cool. But they absolutely must, if not show, at least tease or make some things known. These are the villains and the fact that this Superman is all kinds of badass if you decide to mess with his home planet.

It's funny though, two months ago I would have been annoyed as hell at the idea of them still holding the action back, I would huff and puff and say I've waited too damn long for this. But now, this close to the movie, I actually don't really mind. In fact I hope they hold back a bit. Leave most of the really good parts for the theater to improve the WOM effect. But like I said, one or two big money shots still need to be in the trailer, regardless of that.

Now as far as other promotional material is concerned, like posters, banners, artwork, I want as much as possible and I want it NOW!!! :D Because that doesn't spoil anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"