All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much the choreography I'm talking about (as all fight scenes can be criticised on a technical level for something), more the anticipation and buildup. A lot of that though will be down to the fact that we as fans know we're finally about to see Superman punch something onscreen for the first time in a loooooong time :D

I don't know about you, because I've seen far better choreographed fights at the movies yet none of them had the theater buzzing and in awe as Bane vs Batman, the only one i can really compare to is the final mad dog fight in the raid, but people applauded at the end of that, everyone pretty much felt they had been punted in the gut after the sewer fight, It's definitely my favourite fight scene in a comic book movie...probably next to the final fight at the end of hellboy.

My fear with MoS (and i hope the goyer/nolan influence shows here) is that i hope the action isn't all powers, explosions and train flinging, to me there actually has to be a story told in the fight it can't just be random action which has mostly been the case with Snyder films.

It's not so much the choreography I'm talking about (as all fight scenes can be criticised on a technical level for something), more the anticipation and buildup. A lot of that though will be down to the fact that we as fans know we're finally about to see Superman punch something onscreen for the first time in a loooooong time :D

More than that but a quality fight! :woot: Supermn II-IV's battles made me cringe as a kid they were so bad. And lets not even mention Smallville's pushes and shirt grab tug-a-wars. The women were the gladiators on that show. Superboy and Lois & Clark... I can't even speak to those.

I sure hope its better than Bane vs Batman from Rises cause both their fights in that were really poorly cheorographed.

Slowest fights I've ever seen for any Batman movie. But MOS will have to be better. Zack will see to that. Watchmen alone put me at ease on that worry.

But the cool thing about the Bane Batman fights is that those are mostly the actual actors in costume, with no CG. They had a visceral quality to them.

I'm not concerned about the speed of the fights or the choreography for MOS, but I have to admit I'm slightly concerned about too much CG Superman. It's not as easy to fake as Spider-Man because there's a human face there.

Still extremely pumped for the movie though, of course. I have faith Snyder will deliver.

But the cool thing about the Bane Batman fights is that those are mostly the actual actors in costume, with no CG. They had a visceral quality to them.

I'm not concerned about the speed of the fights or the choreography for MOS, but I have to admit I'm slightly concerned about too much CG Superman. It's not as easy to fake as Spider-Man because there's a human face there.

Still extremely pumped for the movie though, of course. I have faith Snyder will deliver.

Yeah I want the real Henry to show his hand to hand skills. I loved his fight at the end of Immortals. It was awesome and Henry made me a believer.

Perhaps the theory we were discussing yesterday about the key to Supes beating Zod and Faora by removing their sensory protection helmets is true for the Smallville fight. Here's my storyboard for the fight.

Black Zero shows up at Kent farm and Faora threatens Martha.

Man_of_Steel_13661779486019.jpg

c_P1_NZs_D.jpg

Superman shows up and brings the fight to downtown. 'Western showdown'.

man-of-steel-faora3.jpg

The military interrupts and open fire on them all.

Man_of_Steel_13661779811878.jpg

[Note: Zod has his special helmet on here]

Man_of_Steel_13661779491779.jpg

Superman and Faora and Zod continue to fight whilst getting bombarded by missile fire. No doubt Superman getting thrown into a bank vault and the 7/11 scene are part of this.

But Zod's helmet comes off and he goes beserk.

Man-of-Steel-General-Zod-armor-570x415.jpg

f_Oss99_A.jpg

It also appears Supes has him down here at the 7/11.

secretsupspic.jpg

The sensory overload is too much for Zod and he retreats to the Black Zero.

And Superman turns himself into the military.

Man_of_Steel_13661779482965.jpg

15/70 IMAX for STID makes sense because it had scenes (like TDK and TDKR) that were actually filmed in 15/70 IMAX. That’s not the case for MOS (as far as I know).
Ah yes, I think that you're probably correct. I got confused by the report last year of a helicopter with a camera mount on the set of Smallville. While it may look like IMAX camera mount, I think that it's just the convential 35mm camera.

MOS still have to be converted to 70mm for showing in true IMAX cinema. With the exception of a few, most are now digital. I'm sure that you probably know what this mean - 35mm digitally converted at a very high resolution, capturing every detail of the original 35mm print including imperfections. So they will have to use computer algorithms to adjust and fine tune it.

Usually, the complete re-mastered film is transfered to 70mm print, but I think that in the case of BFI IMAX it will be digital. So, it is a long winded and convulted process. I saw my first IMAXin 1980 in Toronto, so I have been aware of how different it is compared with conventional cinema in term of visual & audio quality.

There's a new poster?

You guys have already seen it via cell phone pictures and whatnot. I just got the original source of the image so I can hopefully do a better scan than whats out there.

There's an article on CBM talking about the "The Battle Of Smallville"..I've not read it, because in the premise said that in that scene there will be a cameo that will exite the fans..I don't want to be spoiled, but is something that we already knew?

Cameo is from an actor/actress that was in Superman: The Movie.

There's an article on CBM talking about the "The Battle Of Smallville"..I've not read it, because in the premise said that in that scene there will be a cameo that will exite the fans..I don't want to be spoiled, but is something that we already knew?

It doesn't say who or what the cameo is. Its a generic and informationless article, just like all CBM articles.

SECOND WARNING!! Do not scroll down the comments if you haven't seen Iron Man 3 - there's a post that spoils the ending, and it's pretty hard to avoid since is is written LIKE THAT.

My advice to you is just STAY AWAY from this website as much as you can.

Last edited:
Perhaps the theory we were discussing yesterday about the key to Supes beating Zod and Faora by removing their sensory protection helmets is true for the Smallville fight. Here's my storyboard for the fight.
Black Zero shows up at Kent farm and Faora threatens Martha.

Man_of_Steel_13661779486019.jpg

c_P1_NZs_D.jpg

Superman shows up and brings the fight to downtown. 'Western showdown'.

man-of-steel-faora3.jpg

The military interrupts and open fire on them all.

Man_of_Steel_13661779811878.jpg

[Note: Zod has his special helmet on here]

Man_of_Steel_13661779491779.jpg

Superman and Faora and Zod continue to fight whilst getting bombarded by missile fire. No doubt Superman getting thrown into a bank vault and the 7/11 scene are part of this.

But Zod's helmet comes off and he goes beserk.

Man-of-Steel-General-Zod-armor-570x415.jpg

f_Oss99_A.jpg

It also appears Supes has him down here at the 7/11.

secretsupspic.jpg

The sensory overload is too much for Zod and he retreats to the Black Zero.

And Superman turns himself into the military.

Man_of_Steel_13661779482965.jpg

Nice work! :up:

It has been imagined like something like that in my head too, just not as thoroughly.

haha ^^ Fightin' Jor El! :p

And a cameo in MOS....this was talked about MONTHS okay, idk if ya'll remember....said someone from a previous Superman movie, specifically the '78 film I believe.

...be cool if Gene Hackman is the bank teller or something. Haha

If Superman removing their helmets is what it takes to beat them....it will kind of get a "LOL" from me. Very Buzz Lightyear/Woodyish. haha

SECOND WARNING!! Do not scroll down the comments if you haven't seen Iron Man 3 - there's a post that spoils the ending, and it's pretty hard to avoid since is is written LIKE THAT.

My advice to you is just STAY AWAY from this website as much as you can.

???? there are no comments from what i read i didnt see anything but whatever

--also nice synopsis above there, :) seems like thats a pretty accurate account of what may happen

Last edited:
So Zod on Earth is like Bane where if his helmet gets busted off then he goes wild and sensory overload eventually wears him down until he gets tired?

???? there are no comments from what i read i didnt see anything but whatever

--also nice synopsis above there, :) seems like thats a pretty accurate account of what may happen

I apologize, I quoted the wrong comment. Just edited it.

haha ^^ Fightin' Jor El! :p

And a cameo in MOS....this was talked about MONTHS okay, idk if ya'll remember....said someone from a previous Superman movie, specifically the '78 film I believe.

...be cool if Gene Hackman is the bank teller or something. Haha

Or Terence Stamp as a Kryptonian elder, haha

No, they said the cameo is in Smallville. And a bank teller. Which makes sense. Superman is tossed into the vault, camera pans over and we see "insert name here ____" for a reaction , plus there's a photo somewhere of a man in a suit and hat on the set like what Chris Reeve wore in the first Superman movie, supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"