All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the tornado sucks Jonathan away.

I'm figuring the safest bet is reacting to the same thing that happened here:

Obi-Wan-Scream.jpg

Jonathan is killed by Zod and to add extra measure - Clark didn't get there in time. A simple heart attack doesn't usually elicit that kind of scene, someone being stabbed or shot in front of your eyes does.

(See bold in SPOILER)

Close, but Clark's hair is curly. Jonathan probably dies during the tornado. Which would actually make more sense for Clark's motivation to become "Drifterman" :hehe:

How long did it take for WB to upload the Zod tv spot after it aired?

People tend to forget that he's in space.. where there is zero G

Well, people tend to believe that out of Earth's atmosphere there is zero G. False: Astronauts float because they are in a spaceship moving at 28.000 km/h

For the people who saw the thing on TV: What Perry's watching on a TV screen, is it Zod's message?

EDIT:
The Daily Planet is looking at Zod's message! :woot:

Oh, nevermind, thanks.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just came across it and thought it was fairly funny.

I'm not trolling Marvel fans, since I am a Marvel fan over DC.

5wwig8.gif

That scream during the tornado... Would he be like that if Jonathan Kent merely suffered a heart attack?
thats what i'm thinking. IMO we're watching him witness jonathan's death during the tornado

It was uploaded on the internet first.
Pretty sure there was a specific TV spot version though that WB eventually uploaded as well. I'm just using it as an example to gauge when we might see this new one in HD.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just came across it and thought it was fairly funny.

I'm not trolling Marvel fans, since I am a Marvel fan over DC.

5wwig8.gif

:funny:

That is pretty great.

Busting to see this hit online. I feel like a school-boy holding himself to go to the bathroom in anticipation for this movie!

Kal-El.9859, badass avatar!

and lest we forget, we already have Clark in Jesus pose in the water ( from the 2nd trailer ).

thats what i'm thinking. IMO we're watching him witness jonathan's death during the tornado

yeah.......that's what I'm thinking too. :(

Clark is busy helping other people, then he turns around only to see his Pa get sucked away or get hit/crushed by debris.............:(

and maybe it's a situation where, if only Clark had used his powers to fly/superspeed over there, he could have saved Jonathan. But, doing so would have exposed his powers to the public, and his parents always forbade him from doing that...............

Last edited:
Yeah the 2 Jesus poses (so far) are definitely intentional. Like Snyder said in 1 of the latest interviews, the Christ allegory is unavoidable.

Yeah the 2 Jesus poses (so far) are definitely intentional. Like Snyder said in 1 of the latest interviews, the Christ allegory is unavoidable.

Which is why some should just accept it.

If it makes you feel any better Kal, my dvr recorded it, but a thunderstorm rolled in at the same time so the news station cut in on every commercial. Awesome!

I'm pretty sure Jenny is behind perry in that shot as well. It seems that those two are joined by the hip lol

I think Jenny is really fragile, so Perry takes care of her and is worried about her, keeping her safe even from a TV broadcast.

yeah.......that's what I'm thinking too. :(

Clark is busy helping other people, then he turns around only to see his Pa get sucked away or get hit/crushed by debris.............:(

and maybe it's a situation where, if only Clark had used his powers to fly/superspeed over there, he could have saved Jonathan. But, doing so would have exposed his powers to the public, and his parents always forbade him from doing that...............
On a positive note, what about that last shot of superman. the look of determination on his face was unreal, then the launch towards earth??... gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"