All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I won't betray them" sounds like Cavil, "You already have" sounds like Pa Kent.

"I won't betray them" sounds like Cavil, "You already have" sounds like Pa Kent.

I don't think is sounds like Cavill either but he has changed his voice in some audio clips lol. Like the strength soldier one his voice is super deep.

Bout to see Iceman, looking forward to my fix of Shannon being a badass :)

@smallvilletalk
Heard there were a secret screening at WB for MAN OF STEEL and this is what some people are saying:

The VFX were very realistic and the music was perfectly correlated to the action.

You really sympathized with Clark and saw his character evolved. I will definitely bring my kids to see it.

No, it didn't seem dark at all. Just made Superman feel more like the earth's first alien.

Krypton was the epitome of science gone overboard.

Lois is much stronger and heroic and an equal partner, as opposed to a damsel in distress. None of it was scary like Dark Knight or HP.
There you have it a mini-review from someone that saw the movie

I want to hear more about Henry. The trailers are so great that you almost forget that the main character gets only a few lines. He is still one of the film's questionable points for me, along with David Goyer's dialogue.

Lois has always been my hero, I'm more nervous for how they're portraying her to be honest, more than Clark, for some reason I already know Henry is gonna be great, it's Lois who I'm nervous for, I'm really glad to read that review, we're having a good start, at least for now.

Lois has always been my hero, I'm more nervous for how they're portraying her to be honest, more than Clark, for some reason I already know Henry is gonna be great, it's Lois who I'm nervous for, I'm really glad to read that review, we're having a good start, at least for now.

Me too.. Amy Adams is such a great actress that if they don't give her a good script, it would be a waste of talent... I think she's gonna be more brilliant than Henry (acting wise).... Plus, she's phenomenally hot... can't go wrong there...

Meh. I was far more excited by the earlier trailers when it seemed like the story would be more about a heroes journey and self-discovery and personal identity and all of that. Too much crazy destruction now. I'm so sick of alien invasions and watching cities crumble to the ground. It hasn't appealed to me since Independence Day lol. Could still be a very good movie, but I'm having less and less positive reactions with each new trailer.

Quote on YT.

maybe as someone from another continent i'm missing something, but just wondering what u guys & gals take is on:

1. Wal Mart's seeming ineptness at ticket pre-sales .. a case of monkeys in charge of a car ?
2. WB's seeming lack of marketing within the Asian markets .. which is 2 bill + strong

maybe i'm missing an obvious flag here, but other than that ... erm, WTF ? :huh:

I believe these two are the same problems. WB marketing haven't done a good job liasing with Wal-mart to ensure that they are doing all they can at every store, or put in the proper contract clauses... else, why in the world would you want to go into parnership with someone who's not even bothered to promote your show? They would be better off goign with another store/mc d or something else.

As for the lack of OS marketing, same issue, terrible ppl at Warner Brothers.. I have said this before and goig to say it again, they need to fire the entire marketing dept and replace them with new ones...

Meh. I was far more excited by the earlier trailers when it seemed like the story would be more about a heroes journey and self-discovery and personal identity and all of that. Too much crazy destruction now. I'm so sick of alien invasions and watching cities crumble to the ground. It hasn't appealed to me since Independence Day lol. Could still be a very good movie, but I'm having less and less positive reactions with each new trailer.

Quote on YT.

I don't see how one trailer of "crazy destruction" nullifies four other trailers focused on "a heroes journey and self-discovery and personal identity and all of that." :huh: It's not like the latter is suddenly no longer a part of the movie.

Some people don't use Earth logic.

This is mine.

BK-PNs4CIAAKALZ.jpg:large

I don't think is sounds like Cavill either but he has changed his voice in some audio clips lol. Like the strength soldier one his voice is super deep.

I do think the voice clip itself sounds strange but I'm betting it's out of context with the footage shown and will sound fine in the film. :)

I am of the family Ko...Never heard of them :(

I'm not wishing for MOS to be super duper Dark. I just want it to take it self serious and having it deal with some deep themes, while creating an emotional roller-coaster ride where you really get to feel for the characters - along with all the action. But still, I don't believe that this film WON'T delve in to a few somewhat dark areas. And that's cool. Just don't overdo it.

Last edited:
House of Zar

My ancestors stood for abundance, wealth and success.

shield_10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"