All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To pass the time, let's think about some other questions: should Themyscira look more like a lush, tropical island or an advanced city? And how should the Amazons dress? In armour most of the time or white Grecian dresses?

And what inspires the red and blue colour scheme of Wonder Woman's armour? Is this a colour palette other Amazons wear, or is it just reserved for her? If they wear other colours, then what colours should they mostly have?

To pass the time, let's think about some other questions: should Themyscira look more like a lush, tropical island or an advanced city? And how should the Amazons dress? In armour most of the time or white Grecian dresses?

And what inspires the red and blue colour scheme of Wonder Woman's armour? Is this a colour palette other Amazons wear, or is it just reserved for her? If they wear other colours, then what colours should they mostly have?

1. Lush, tropical island.

2. Like any other society. The military members would be dressed in armor while everyone else wears the white Grecian dresses. When the country is threatened, however, all get into their armor.

3. I think I read somewhere that Themyscira's flag is red, white, and blue so that may be wear WW's color palette comes from.

Gal reposted a Diana still of her and if the sun is still yellow and the sky blue tomorrow, we can assume some news will drop tomorrow.

The Cure plays in the background as I walk to my motorcycle and drive off into sunset.

1. A lush tropical island, with an "advanced city" in a central location, with the intention of preserving the natural wonders around it. But, it shouldn't necessarily correlate to a western ideal of an "advanced city". Instead, it should reflect alternative advancements made by the Amazons during the thousands of years since their isolation. Sure, the Amazons may be first and foremost warriors, but they're also artists, architects, scientists, designers, landscape architects, etc.

I guess, kind of a mix of these designs:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/im...onder-woman-s-home-themyscira-jpeg-119616.jpg

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2015/07/wonder_woman_earthone-spread.jpg

http://images.imperialnetwork.com/data/Harnaidan.jpg

But, that seems pretty unlikely if the DoJ New Mexico set was Themyscira and some of the shooting locations for Wonder Woman's stand-alone film also indicate that Themyscira won't be an obviously advanced nation and will instead more closely resemble the New52 version of Themyscira.

2. If the Amazons on are on their secluded, protected island, then I could see them dressing in simple chitons, tunics and vests/pants (like the Persian female warriors), probably based upon their personal style and day-to-day activities. I don't think they would wear armour all the time. Solely based on Wonder Woman's armoured costume, I don't think they would have any body confidence issues and if the temperatures are warm, then I could see the clothing being on the "minimal" side.

The colours will really depend upon the nature of the Amazons. I would like to see them as an idealised, future civilisation. But, it seems like we're going to get more of a battle-hardened "warrior" class of people, so I'm guessing that their clothes will be relatively practical and simple colours without any real personalisation or decoration for the sake of aesthetics. Once again, possibly something similar to the New52 Amazon costumes.

Diana seems to have embraced various colours and styles in her "Diana" persona, but I'm not sure that is something that simply reflects fashions on Themyscira or is something she embraced in man's world. Assuming that her Wonder Woman armour is from Themyscira, then I think that is more reflective of the relatively practical, functional, basic and muted fashions which would be worn by the Amazons.

3. I'd like the red, blue and gold colours to come from the Amazon flag or to somehow relate to the Amazon culture and civilisation. At the same time, I could see the brighter, primary colours being reserved for the "royal" family (although I don't see Hippolyta and Diana holding themselves "above" the other Amazons, especially to the extent that the Amazons are forbidden from wearing certain colours).

I'd prefer to see a wide range of personal styles amongst the Amazons, but I suspect we'll get costumes which are more uniform in style, with mostly dull brown/maroon/beige/navy colours being used.

They're probably going to make Themyscira realistic instead of stereotypical and one dimensional. So not everyone is going to wear white togas or armor; and it's not going to be tropical. It will probably be like other Mediterranean islands.

Gal reposted a Diana still of her and if the sun is still yellow and the sky blue tomorrow, we can assume some news will drop tomorrow.

The Cure plays in the background as I walk to my motorcycle and drive off into sunset.

Let's hope that is indeed the case.

1. A lush tropical island, with an "advanced city" in a central location, with the intention of preserving the natural wonders around it. But, it shouldn't necessarily correlate to a western ideal of an "advanced city". Instead, it should reflect alternative advancements made by the Amazons during the thousands of years since their isolation. Sure, the Amazons may be first and foremost warriors, but they're also artists, architects, scientists, designers, landscape architects, etc.

I guess, kind of a mix of these designs:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/im...onder-woman-s-home-themyscira-jpeg-119616.jpg

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2015/07/wonder_woman_earthone-spread.jpg

http://images.imperialnetwork.com/data/Harnaidan.jpg

But, that seems pretty unlikely if the DoJ New Mexico set was Themyscira and some of the shooting locations for Wonder Woman's stand-alone film also indicate that Themyscira won't be an obviously advanced nation and will instead more closely resemble the New52 version of Themyscira.

2. If the Amazons on are on their secluded, protected island, then I could see them dressing in simple chitons, tunics and vests/pants (like the Persian female warriors), probably based upon their personal style and day-to-day activities. I don't think they would wear armour all the time. Solely based on Wonder Woman's armoured costume, I don't think they would have any body confidence issues and if the temperatures are warm, then I could see the clothing being on the "minimal" side.

The colours will really depend upon the nature of the Amazons. I would like to see them as an idealised, future civilisation. But, it seems like we're going to get more of a battle-hardened "warrior" class of people, so I'm guessing that their clothes will be relatively practical and simple colours without any real personalisation or decoration for the sake of aesthetics. Once again, possibly something similar to the New52 Amazon costumes.

Diana seems to have embraced various colours and styles in her "Diana" persona, but I'm not sure that is something that simply reflects fashions on Themyscira or is something she embraced in man's world. Assuming that her Wonder Woman armour is from Themyscira, then I think that is more reflective of the relatively practical, functional, basic and muted fashions which would be worn by the Amazons.

3. I'd like the red, blue and gold colours to come from the Amazon flag or to somehow relate to the Amazon culture and civilisation. At the same time, I could see the brighter, primary colours being reserved for the "royal" family (although I don't see Hippolyta and Diana holding themselves "above" the other Amazons, especially to the extent that the Amazons are forbidden from wearing certain colours).

I'd prefer to see a wide range of personal styles amongst the Amazons, but I suspect we'll get costumes which are more uniform in style, with mostly dull brown/maroon/beige/navy colours being used.

Great post. I completely agree with it. :up:

There is also something to keep in mind, which I believe is a clue to how will Amazons be depicted - Wilkinson described their culture as formal and their fighting style as very disciplined. I think that practical and somewhat uniform-like clothes will most likely be their approach regarding the aesthetic.

And by the way...

giphy.gif

Well guys the good news is tomorrow is the one year anniversary of when WB announced their DC film slate.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/10/15/a-full-slate-of-dc-entertainment-movies-are-on-their-way

Coupled with the fact that BN said that Gal on Facebook posted an image of her as Wonder Woman in BvS recently, shows that something might indeed be coming if we play our cards right. :up:

https://www.facebook.com/GalGadot/p....317353.25616998925/10153625577328926/?type=3

Huh? :funny:

How are we supposed to affect the outcome?

Wonder Woman has been treated well in the New 52 with her solo title, Justice League, Superman/Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman '77, Wonder Woman Earth One and now this although I assume it's essentially replacing Sensation Comics which has been cancelled.

I still believe Eva Green will be in this. She has the Snyder and WB relationship established.

Second unit started filming.

This dude gave London and italy filming info way before the trades so i kinda trust him.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur5639406/boards/

2nd unit already filming,main unit next month in leavesden and locations around london and then italy.using 35mm.its a bigger prodution than you think!

Last edited:
Gimme my goddamn casting, WB. I'm going through withdrawals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"