All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been visiting WW IMDB page recently, I know these are not entirely accurate, but there's a lot of new people under "cast"... there seems to be a lot of Turkish workers and soldiers.

This is what years of being mishandled by hack writers and artists will do to a character. "White woman with big breasts" is all Diana will ever be in the eyes of many uneducated people. A shame, really.

Honestly, If people are that up in arms about how Wonder Woman looks despite the content or nature of her character....That's ridiculous and IMHO, low-key body shaming. Voluptuous women exist in real life so are they saying those women's body types are somehow inherently wrong?

Last edited:
That's just an all around stupid reason to remove her.

I just feel like laughing at all these people. Are they really that insecure?

I think they're just misinformed. As I already said, I blame DC and the many hacks working for them who have mishandled the characters over the years. They're the one who have tainted Wondie's image.

Insecure and hypocritical. All of these people who are probably the same ones clamoring for society to accept all body types and they're upset at Wonder Woman's frame. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Insecure and hypocritical. All of these people who are probably the same ones clamoring for society to accept all body types and they're upset at Wonder Woman's frame. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Exactly my problem with all this. It's saying every body type EXCEPT voluptuous ones should be accepted.

By all means, let's let the man accused of raping a 13 year old and caught on tape bragging about grabbing women by the genitalia be President of the United States, but an imaginary woman who is sometimes drawn with big breasts being given an honorary ambassadorship? No no no.

That, and they want something, sometimes anything, to complain about. Gal Gadot looks awesome as WW. She is a lovely looking women with a great figure. Not that that's the only reason she makes a great Wonder Woman...:drl:

By all means, let's let the man accused of raping a 13 year old and caught on tape bragging about grabbing women by the genitalia be President of the United States, but an imaginary woman who is sometimes drawn with big breasts being given an honorary ambassadorship? No no no.

One of the sad pitfalls of an odd Desire to media police on the most frivolous of things in an attempt to politicize any and everything.

The wording of the petition further reinforces the rhetoric of recent weeks regarding topics of fake news, clickbait headlines, and an increasing failure by media and content consumers to fact check. Everyone wants to pitch the story that the petition forced th UN's hand, when the reality was that the PR move of Wondy as an ambassador had run its preplanned course.

The wording of the petition further reinforces the rhetoric of recent weeks regarding topics of fake news, clickbait headlines, and an increasing failure by media and content consumers to fact check. Everyone wants to pitch the story that the petition forced th UN's hand, when the reality was that the PR move of Wondy as an ambassador had run its preplanned course.

Except that's just what the UN wants us to believe.
At the cerimony, Diane Nelson said it was A YEAR LONG campaign.
Nicola Scott, who drew the poster and was going to draw more promotional material for the campaign, said on facebook that it ended abruptly and the campaign didn't went as planned.

On one hand we will never know if the petition/protests really were the reason, but it WAS supposed to go for an entire year.

Also, they had announced that Gal Gadot would record a PSA video for the UN. It's probably not going to happen anymore.

Last edited:
"Additional photography" credits been added to IMDB since I last checked. So I guess they had reshoots?

Good, WB and Jenkins are fine tuning the movie. I'm glad the re-shoots are happening. :D :D

Except that's just what the UN wants us to believe.
At the cerimony, Diane Nelson said it was A YEAR LONG campaign.
Nicola Scott, who drew the poster and was going to draw more promotional material for the campaign, said on facebook that it ended abruptly and the campaign didn't went as planned.

On one hand we will never know if the petition/protests really were the reason, but it WAS supposed to go for an entire year.

Also, they had announced that Gal Gadot would record a PSA video for the UN. It's probably not going to happen anymore.

What's also funny about this is that the petition actually objectifies Wonder Woman by putting the focus on her looks and ignoring everything else about the character.

In order for a character to.be objectified (sexual or not), you'd have to be treated like an object meaning not as a fully functioning Character. Which I feel wouldn't be honest to say about the way Wonder Woman has been treated throughout the years.

Also I think by complaining about her being scantily clad that much as well as complaining about her being a "white woman" is not only sending a message that being a white woman is somehow inherently wrong but this whole "cover up" agenda is actually similar to older patriarchal systems in ancient England as well as Middle Eastern countries where women were demanded to keep even their face covered.

There is no specific body type or dress style that represents what a representative of their gender "should be"....man or woman and if people are going to go on about gender equality, that needs to be considered too.

And regardless of what some might feel about the way the character has been written and designed over the years, I think it's safe to say she's been a multi-faceted in all her incarnations whether it's comics, tv, or cartoons and again by making this entirely about her design, it's unfairly ignoring that.

Reshoots are normal. Editing the movie to hell and removing crucial plot details is something else.

I have a good feeling about Wonder Woman. The trailers have been really good and have left me super hyped! I hope her movie opens north of 100 million to keep that trend going for the DCEU!

No matter how good the movie is, I am sure the critics will point to Gal Gadot as the weakest link. Watch.

No matter how good the movie is, I am sure the critics will point to Gal Gadot as the weakest link. Watch.
Why? Do you think they have something against her? If she does a good job I am sure they will praise her.

I don't know if they have something against her. I just have a feeling the biggest complaint is that she isn't able to carry the movie. I have heard this complaint a number of times before for some actors.

I hope Gal Gadot kills it though. So far I like what I have seen from the trailers and as far as action goes we already know she killed it in BvS. She just have to be extremely relatable and convincing.

If that is what they feel, I am sure they have some valid reason for thinking that. If she does a good job, I am sure they will praise her. If she does a good job and they don't, their reputation could take a hit because the majority of fans will be praising her. It is up to her, like it always is up to the actors/actresses. Critics don't criticise for the sake of it.

If that is what they feel, I am sure they have some valid reason for thinking that. If she does a good job, I am sure they will praise her. If she does a good job and they don't, their reputation could take a hit because the majority of fans will be praising her. It is up to her, like it always is up to the actors/actresses. Critics don't criticise for the sake of it.

Let's see. It is just my gut feeling.

And I don't know how you can be so certain that they don't criticize for the sake of it. It depends on that critic and we don't know them personally. Some of the love conformity and some of them don't and their opinions can be influenced by it. I don't want to discuss further about critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"